Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2009, 12:17 AM   #1
Jordandunk23
Rockets
 
Jordandunk23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,791
Default 1st Round Rockets v Blazers

If i read the possibilities correctly it will be Lakers-Jazz / Nuggets-Hornets/ Spurs-Mavericks/ Rockets-Blazers (waiting for the Nuggets Blazers game that will determine homecourt advantage)...

Blazers are a young and talented team... they lack experience but we also have had our struggles of getting out of the 1st round... I really like our chances, I know we should be focusing on a championship but I REALLY REALLY want to get out of the first round.. first things first.

Season Series Houston 2 - Blazers 1
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:39 AM   #2
ElPigto
*****istrator
 
ElPigto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,339
Default Re: 1st Round Rockets v Blazers

Lets hope we can beat the Blazers. I'm going to keep my hopes at the absolute lowest.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:53 AM   #3
Q.E.C
нυєy
 
Q.E.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Houston,Tx
Posts: 2,523
Default Re: 1st Round Rockets v Blazers

This might be tough because this is a young athletic team. Lets hope the Rockets can make a push and get to the 2nd round.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:31 AM   #4
Jordandunk23
Rockets
 
Jordandunk23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,791
Default Re: 1st Round Rockets v Blazers

MAN lets get these avy guys im ready to REP TO THE FULLEST... sink or swim i rep houston... i know its going to be a tough series but i believe houston will take this one.

i already avy bet the op who started that sorry rockets thread... playoff time when things get heated up... time see what yao and the rest of the rockets are made of...
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:52 AM   #5
ElPigto
*****istrator
 
ElPigto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,339
Default Re: 1st Round Rockets v Blazers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordandunk23
MAN lets get these avy guys im ready to REP TO THE FULLEST... sink or swim i rep houston... i know its going to be a tough series but i believe houston will take this one.

i already avy bet the op who started that sorry rockets thread... playoff time when things get heated up... time see what yao and the rest of the rockets are made of...

Someone should make a thread on the main forum. The mods will send my thread over here. So lets pick an avy for the very least.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 03:03 AM   #6
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe
 
wTFaMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: COOGS HOUSE
Posts: 4,941
Default Re: 1st Round Rockets v Blazers

If worse comes to worse Ill just have to PM every rockets fan to come in this forum..
sheesh its a ghost town
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 03:45 AM   #7
Jordandunk23
Rockets
 
Jordandunk23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,791
Default Re: 1st Round Rockets v Blazers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto
Someone should make a thread on the main forum. The mods will send my thread over here. So lets pick an avy for the very least.

i try to make one as we approach the first game... there's a similar thread with pre series talk...
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:40 PM   #8
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS
 
RainierBeachPoet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: seattle
Posts: 6,877
Default Re: 1st Round Rockets v Blazers

i really like both of these teams and will be sorry that one of them has to exit in the first round

i would have loved to see this matchup as the western conf FINALS!

oden vs yao will be fun to see-- how did they do in the reg season against one another?

roy and aaron brooks have the 'ol seattle garfield-franklin hs history going...
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:47 PM   #9
mattevans11
National High School Star
 
mattevans11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,344
Default Re: 1st Round Rockets v Blazers

I am feeling good about this matchup to be honest with you guys.....

Yao will have a big series.... yes...oden and prissy are decent defenders, but Yao is the most dominant center in the game.... and to top that off....Yao will not have to use ANY energy on these bigs with no post games.

Roy will be hounded all series by battier..... this will be a very good individual matchup to watch for the series.

artest will play a lot smarter basketball. i dont think we will see as many 3s hoisted up by ron ron. i htink this is more of a hope than a prediction.


Rockets WILL give yao many more touches..... if this doesnt happen...i want adelmans head on a platter.
mattevans11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:57 PM   #10
ElPigto
*****istrator
 
ElPigto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,339
Default Re: 1st Round Rockets v Blazers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
i really like both of these teams and will be sorry that one of them has to exit in the first round

i would have loved to see this matchup as the western conf FINALS!

oden vs yao will be fun to see-- how did they do in the reg season against one another?


roy and aaron brooks have the 'ol seattle garfield-franklin hs history going...

Yao vs Greg Oden only happened once this season and Greg Oden was manhandled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgZi6kajBuc

ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 07:17 AM   #11
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe
 
wTFaMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: COOGS HOUSE
Posts: 4,941
Default Re: 1st Round Rockets v Blazers

wow.. Blazer fans are seriously overrating their team. I cannot post anything on the game thread anymore or else some blazer fan will attack me.

I hope they will eat a big piece of crow pie
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:15 PM   #12
ElPigto
*****istrator
 
ElPigto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,339
Default Re: 1st Round Rockets v Blazers

Quote:
Originally Posted by wTFaMonkey
wow.. Blazer fans are seriously overrating their team. I cannot post anything on the game thread anymore or else some blazer fan will attack me.

I hope they will eat a big piece of crow pie

Lol. Give them a break. They been playoff starved for a few seasons now. I remember when Houston finally got back to the playoffs in 03/04 I actually thought we had a chance to beat the Lakers.

Another thing some of those cats are youngins' they are just excited to be part of the playoffs for the first time in their teenage lives.

Last edited by ElPigto : 04-18-2009 at 12:19 PM.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:43 PM   #13
Jordandunk23
Rockets
 
Jordandunk23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,791
Default Re: 1st Round Rockets v Blazers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto
Lol. Give them a break. They been playoff starved for a few seasons now. I remember when Houston finally got back to the playoffs in 03/04 I actually thought we had a chance to beat the Lakers.

Another thing some of those cats are youngins' they are just excited to be part of the playoffs for the first time in their teenage lives.

very true.. outside biddy its really hard to find a level headed poster in that thread...

oh and fyi with a couple sequences i still think we could have beaten the lakers instead of that 4-1
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:52 PM   #14
ElPigto
*****istrator
 
ElPigto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,339
Default Re: 1st Round Rockets v Blazers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordandunk23
very true.. outside biddy its really hard to find a level headed poster in that thread...

oh and fyi with a couple sequences i still think we could have beaten the lakers instead of that 4-1

Ahh yes. I believe it was game 1 where Jim Jackson's three rimmed out which could have been a potential game winner.

Man that was an exciting series. Remember when people feared the Rockets because they thought Steve Francis would become a monster along side Yao. Wow the good ole days. IF only the Rockets would of made the playoffs when they went 45-37 in 00-01 season. Would of been fun.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:56 PM   #15
Jordandunk23
Rockets
 
Jordandunk23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,791
Default Re: 1st Round Rockets v Blazers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto
Ahh yes. I believe it was game 1 where Jim Jackson's three rimmed out which could have been a potential game winner.

Man that was an exciting series. Remember when people feared the Rockets because they thought Steve Francis would become a monster along side Yao. Wow the good ole days. IF only the Rockets would of made the playoffs when they went 45-37 in 00-01 season. Would of been fun.

oh man i remember the 45 win season, wasn't that a record at the time? most wins without getting into the playoffs? and oh yeah the jim jackson three... that was an exciting lineup francis-mobley-jackson-cato-yao

suddenly missed francis...
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:44 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy