Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 10-05-2006, 10:30 PM   #1
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Default Bulls 2010 Champions?

This thread is mainly for true Bulls fans. By the 2009/2010 season the Bulls will be legitimate contenders for the championship. I honestly don't think this statement is out of the question.This would be the Bulls seventh championship. I think four years for a team with so much potential and talent is more than enough time. By then we will have all our team needs and more. A professional NBA writer even wrote about the Bulls winning it all this season! I'd consider the facts before stating such a statement. This season I truly believe the Bulls will win at least 50 to 52 games and advance to the second round of the play-offs. That would be a great start to the the journey for another championship. Please send your honest views.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 10:46 PM   #2
final.wrath
Banned

i doubt you'll be able to keep nocioni, deng, hinrich, and gordon. two of those four will probably have to go. the bulls want to win within the next 2 years. thats why thye got wallace hes already on the decline and although his contract is topheavy in 3 years thats still alot of cap room being eaten up by a backup center.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 12:04 AM   #3
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

If they want to win in two years that's fine with me that's less time to wait.
The reason I said that they'll win it in 2010 is to sound believable to others because not everyone believes they can win it in 2008. Only true Bulls fans have faith like that.
Old 10-06-2006, 07:38 AM   #4
Internet
Kids at the park dunk on me

Why on earth wont we be able to keep noce, kirk, gordon and deng?
Thats a poor observation on your part because we can and probably will.
And even if we couldnt, only 2 of 4? ok...
noce or deng may go cos you dont want 2 highly priced players at one position, but if the bulls wanted to, they could lock all 4 up no worries.

Also as Wallace declines with age, Thomas will begin to rise, so that could well end up evening out nicely.
Internet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 09:29 AM   #5
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Internet that's a good point those four players are the foundation of the team without them it would be tough. My next question is, what sounds and is more believeable Bulls 2008 champs or Bulls 2010 champs?
Old 10-06-2006, 10:33 AM   #6
Internet

Thats a good question... its hard to think. I guess the big difference will be in 2008 Wallace will still be effective, whilst 2010 Thomas will have taken over Bens job. Plus Deng should be fully developed in 2010. I think 2008 looks good, but aslong as no freak accidents happen to anyone, 2009 and 10 look even better. But its a long way away so who knows !
Old 10-06-2006, 11:10 AM   #7
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

For the veterans P.J. Brown and Ben Wallace 2008 might be their last chance for a title because of their age, so they have to give all that's left of them. For the young guys 2009 and 2010 looks more promising, we will see how hard they work to get there. Also if the Bulls resign Ben Gordon, Kirk Hinrich, Andres Nocioni and Luol Deng to long term contracts they will be playing in Chicago at their prime level, they're almost at that point in their career. In two to three years Tyrus Thomas and Thabo Sefelosha will really show us how much talent they have. These are two players that also are important for the teams future. So if we keep a majority of our key players, add some nice draft picks and proven free agents before 2010, then the Bulls will be one of the favorites to win it all. Let's hope for the best.
Old 10-06-2006, 06:28 PM   #8
big baller
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Style
This thread is mainly for true Bulls fans. By the 2009/2010 season the Bulls will be legitimate contenders for the championship. I honestly don't think this statement is out of the question.This would be the Bulls seventh championship. I think four years for a team with so much potential and talent is more than enough time. By then we will have all our team needs and more. A professional NBA writer even wrote about the Bulls winning it all this season! I'd consider the facts before stating such a statement. This season I truly believe the Bulls will win at least 50 to 52 games and advance to the second round of the play-offs. That would be a great start to the the journey for another championship. Please send your honest views.

:stupid: child, u thinken way to far into the futer.
big baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 10:29 PM   #9
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Big baller how is it thinking too far into the future,the 2009/2010 season is still in this decade and after this season there will be only three seasons till 2010. Oh, and I also mentioned the year 2008 in later posts, is that too far into the future as well for you, last time I checked itís two years from now. Thinking way too far in the future would be ten years, but not just three to four years. Give me a break.Who you callin' a child fool?

Last edited by Crazy Style : 10-06-2006 at 10:45 PM.
Old 10-06-2006, 11:21 PM   #10
final.wrath
Banned

The Bulls are already at or near the cap right? Internet was saying they will be able to keep at least 3 but that makes no sense unless Pax pulls off a miracle with the cap space.

Nocioni will probably want at least 10 mil and 4 years
Gordon will probably want the max (12 mil)
Deng should want at least 8 mil
and Hinrich would probably be offered the max too.

Thats almost an average team salary between those four. I understand its possible to sign all these players to what what they want because you have their Bird rights, but has your owner given the green light to go over the luxury tax by that much? Thats approaching Knicks money right there. I doubt your front office is willing to spend that much.

About Tyrus Thomas...lets at least see how he performs as a rookie before we start making assumptions that he will be able to fill the role of a player like Ben Wallace. The Bulls don't exactly have a good track record with developing big men.
Old 10-07-2006, 12:12 AM   #11
big baller
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Style
Big baller how is it thinking too far into the future,the 2009/2010 season is still in this decade and after this season there will be only three seasons till 2010. Oh, and I also mentioned the year 2008 in later posts, is that too far into the future as well for you, last time I checked itís two years from now. Thinking way too far in the future would be ten years, but not just three to four years. Give me a break.Who you callin' a child fool?

well first im callen u a child. second on the 09/10 season, probably more then 1/2 of the bulles team will be gone. third i said u wer thinken 2 far into the futer because how do u know ther are still goin to be good players on the team? what if the same thing happens when mj23 left the bulls, and almost everyone else on the team left?u a psyicic or somthin?ur positiy ther r goin to be good players on the team in 4 years, 4 years? i thout so.
big baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 01:48 AM   #12
BullsBigMan29
I hit open 5-footers

I actually see them winning it before 2010.

Anyone catch the ABC or Fox News this morning? The Matadors were off the hook!
BullsBigMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 01:57 AM   #13
Internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath

Nocioni will probably want at least 10 mil and 4 years
Gordon will probably want the max (12 mil)
Deng should want at least 8 mil
and Hinrich would probably be offered the max too.

Nocioni will not get 10 mil for 4 years. probably 4 years at 32-35 maybe... if hes lucky, I think he is the most likely of the 4 to go cos of deng.
Nobody will give Gordon the max cos he is not a complete player, maybe 5 years at 60 mil?
8 mil for deng is spot on, and kirk will be close to the max if he doesnt get it.

One of deng or Noce probably wont stay so I agree with you that not all of them will be, but they will still keep the team together, Pax would do everything in his power to keep them. He is pretty good at getting his way in deals...

Last edited by Internet : 10-07-2006 at 02:08 AM.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:31 AM   #14
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by big baller
well first im callen u a child. second on the 09/10 season, probably more then 1/2 of the bulles team will be gone. third i said u wer thinken 2 far into the futer because how do u know ther are still goin to be good players on the team? what if the same thing happens when mj23 left the bulls, and almost everyone else on the team left?u a psyicic or somthin?ur positiy ther r goin to be good players on the team in 4 years, 4 years? i thout so.

: stupid:
Trust me I'm preety sure the Bulls are smart enough to resign their good players. Right now their talking about Kirk Hinrich in the process of signing a multi-year contract and Ben Gordon also said he wants to play for the bulls for a long time. John Paxson won't make big mistakes, he really wants to keep whats developing in Chicago, remember most of the guys on the Bulls are still young the longest a player was on this current roster was Kirk Hinrich, he's going on his fourth year with the Bulls. Big Baller I can tell you're not a Bulls fan, don't talk about things you don't know about. A lot of Bulls fans would agree with me and totally disagree with you! I hope you finally got the idea !!!

P.S. Don't talk about what happened with the Bulls when M.J. left, that's just way too far in the past.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:09 PM   #15
final.wrath
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internet
Nocioni will not get 10 mil for 4 years. probably 4 years at 32-35 maybe... if hes lucky, I think he is the most likely of the 4 to go cos of deng.
Nobody will give Gordon the max cos he is not a complete player, maybe 5 years at 60 mil?
8 mil for deng is spot on, and kirk will be close to the max if he doesnt get it.

One of deng or Noce probably wont stay so I agree with you that not all of them will be, but they will still keep the team together, Pax would do everything in his power to keep them. He is pretty good at getting his way in deals...

gordon deserves at least 10. hes a bad defender but keep in mind hes on the last old-school defensive team in the league and that makes him look bad. if he were fully utilized on offense he would be an all-star. the magic or grizzlies would be willing to pay him at least 10 million.

and nocioni is going to look for more money than 2 million next year. the guy averaged 20 something/8 in the playoffs last year right? with all the cap space going around next summer I see him getting AT LEAST 5 mil and probably more around 8 mil.

I see you keeping Hinrich and Deng tho. But Gordon isn't the kind of player that fits your team. He's already made public complaints about hsi role on the team. And Nocioni would be too much if you retained Hinrich and Deng.

The Ben Wallace signing was a signal that the Bulls are going for all or broke. If you wanted to maintain your core you would've saved that cap space and signed a cheaper center like Nazr or Pryzbilla.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: