co signed with post above. shaq should primarely worry about:
1. rebounding better than last season, 9.2 rebounds per game is bad even at his declining age.
2. blocking more shots, same as above, he should still get 2.0-2.5 regardless of age.
3. defense, he looked like he finally learned to guard the pick and roll under riley.
4. let wade do the scoring, shaq shouldn't be ashamed or anything of finally averaging less than 20 ppg if that gets miami another title.
5. pass more than scoring too and getting his team mates shots as open as possible, he has the ability to average 4 or 5 assists a game, he just needs to focus less on scoring, he averaged almost 4 apg twice while scoring 29.7 and 28.7 ppg, he doesnt need to score nearly that much in miami.
6. improve ft, not to unrealistic levels of 80% or something like that but a good 62-65& wouldnt hurt miami.
Last edited by lakers-city : 10-19-2006 at 01:55 AM.
if shaq became more passive d-wade would probably score less. shaq opens up the floor for dwade and the other players because he draws two defenders. if d-wade didnt have shaq looking to dominate the post when he got the ball then he would have a lot harder time penetrating the lane.
without shaq, wade would have ot use his outside shot more. and he is a pretty bad jumpshooter statistically.
[quote=wally_world]if Zo retires, the Heat are going down... Shaq is nothing compared to Zo, Shaq is really just too old now... Zo is playing like he's in highschool![/QUOTE]
please god tell me ur being sarchastic.
look at zos rookie numbers compared to his numbers now.
oh n btw ask urself if u think zo will be this consistent all year round. hes only stepping up ever since shaq got injured.
another thing. dont think that shaq is a crap center. watch him in a deep season match against yao ming and ask urself whos the dominating center on the post.
Seems as if your diesel's slowing down with nagging injuries and still have yet another 4 years left to pay him on his contract worth $80 mil lol. So you guys will have to rely on D.Wade to carry you to the promise land again w/out Snaq Daddy which will be a difficult task for Wade to take on. But at the same time should get used to it for another 4 years or sooner if an early retirement takes place, and that certainly would take the prestigeous status away from the Heat as being an Elite.
i say shaq last abuot another 2-3 more years. his body just aint doin it no more. i do say tho that him and dywane wade do win 2 more championchips. he just cant be contetsed in the post area. not by yao, not by amera, not by dwight howerd, not by any1. until he retires he will dominate the leageu. numbers really dont make the diference. its his presense that matters.
Shaq probably needs to retire after this season. I say Zo plays for one more season then he's gonna retire......
They need to find a way to keep Wade in Miami until Kevin Garnet's contract is up.... Then the Heat can fight the Lakers for KG.
If Shaq and Zo retire before their contracts are up, then the Heat orginization is gonna be hurting...... So they should prepare for......
1. Paying out the rest of Shaq and Zo's salary.
2. Making cap room so they can afford to give KG the money he wants and deserves......
Everything else is secondary....... And if they don't get KG, then D. Wade will go to the West in 2 years.
The only I can say where the Heat messed up is signing players who are at the end of their carrer to multi-year deals. Gary Payton is another. If they all retire in one off-season, then the Heat are f**ked......
Last edited by okpimpin1082 : 12-20-2006 at 09:10 AM.