Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 04-16-2009, 09:41 AM   #1
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here
Default Has Lawrence Frank coached his last game as a Net?(Frank stays)

..If we're lucky. I don't hate the guy, I just don't think he's a good head coach. I wanted Flip Saunders but the Wizards killed that dream.

Quote:
Frank’s Fate to be Known by Morning
April 21, 2009, 6:00 pm
Rod Thorn will meet Tuesday night with Bruce Ratner and senior management (read Brett Yormark) about Lawrence Frank’s fate. News is likely to come during Thorn’s State-of-the-Nets discussion with the media in the morning. It’s been a rough week for the Nets’ front office with 10 people–mostly on the business side–being let go. Also to save money, the Nets and Sixers will join forces in the Orlando summer league.

Netsdaily.com

Last edited by Nets fan 93 : 04-21-2009 at 08:40 PM.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:25 AM   #2
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Has Lawrence Frank coached his last game as a Net?

I hope so as well. I think the Nets need a new voice, and a coach who has a plan. Frank seemed to tinker without a plan. I was actually hoping that Scott Brooks would be let go in OKC.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:49 PM   #3
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Yeah Frank's inability to coach in the final minutes are well documented. The only games we've won in the clutch are because Carter or Kidd have done something incredible.

I haven't watched OKC to know whether or not Brooks would be a good coach for us, but there aren't many out there I'd like. Perhaps VanGundy to re-establish our defense and post game. I wouldn't mind that though I really like Saunders' free flowing offense. Eddie Jordan also comes to mind, but Kidd is no longer here and I'm not sure if Devin can run a Princeton offense.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:11 PM   #4
Rockbttm88
There is no dark side

Rockbttm88 has decent reputationRockbttm88 has decent reputation

I really want to see him go.. but I just dont think its gonna happen.
Rockbttm88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:20 PM   #5
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockbttm88
I really want to see him go.. but I just dont think its gonna happen.

I agree, I don't think so cause of Ratner. I'm pretty sure economically Frank's contract is better than every coach in the NBA.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:08 PM   #6
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
I agree, I don't think so cause of Ratner. I'm pretty sure economically Frank's contract is better than every coach in the NBA.
ratner made it clear recently that paying frank's final year for free is not an obstacle to getting a new coach.

then again, ratner even more recently gave frank a vote of approval.

personally i think frank did a good job this year except for the defense. record-wise he exceeded everyone's expectations, but the lack of improvement in the defense was very disappointing to me. then again, it's a very young team. then again, i'm not sure who really deserves to stay beyond about 5-6 players, so we may have to do this all over again next year.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 05:55 PM   #7
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

I don't really trust whatever Ratner says in to the papers. Guy obviously established himself as a person who does not care about the success of the team, but at the same time wants to salvage his image to the NY/NJ media. When there is a decision to be made, it always makes sense from a fiscal point of view. He's the Anti-Cuban.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:05 PM   #8
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Only if there is a better coach on the market...though Frank is known to make idiotic decisions late in games...he is a really smart coach and prepared coach
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:50 PM   #9
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
I don't really trust whatever Ratner says in to the papers. Guy obviously established himself as a person who does not care about the success of the team, but at the same time wants to salvage his image to the NY/NJ media. When there is a decision to be made, it always makes sense from a fiscal point of view. He's the Anti-Cuban.
i see very little evidence to support your stance. after ratner initially fumbled the ball somewhat as a new owner, he's maintained a team that has... hmm, i think it's the 9th-highest payroll in the league. he spent the big bucks on the superstar contracts ever since saying "no" to kmart.

this is also a guy who's probably stretched to the limit with the brooklyn deal, now further hampered by the general economy. even so, he spends more than all but eight owners. hardly the anti-cuban.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:35 AM   #10
iDunk
RF.IS.CA.AB.TC.JS.AS

iDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputation

You cant even tell how bad I want Avery Johnson right now.
iDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:48 AM   #11
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
i see very little evidence to support your stance. after ratner initially fumbled the ball somewhat as a new owner, he's maintained a team that has... hmm, i think it's the 9th-highest payroll in the league. he spent the big bucks on the superstar contracts ever since saying "no" to kmart.

this is also a guy who's probably stretched to the limit with the brooklyn deal, now further hampered by the general economy. even so, he spends more than all but eight owners. hardly the anti-cuban.

This may be true, but I still have my reservations because of the way he entered ownership of this team. I still believe he is looking things economically before he will look at benefit.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:20 PM   #12
Rockbttm88
There is no dark side

Rockbttm88 has decent reputationRockbttm88 has decent reputation

F*ck Bruce Ratner. At least Cuban is a fan of the game. Ratner is just another old rich white guy who has no clue about the sports team he owns. (I'm not even gonna touch the fact that he's gay, because its just too easy). This franchise is strictly a business to him and it's reflected in every move he makes.

Bottom line: Ratner doesnt give a sh*t about you (unless you're interested in a funding some new condos in Brooklyn ) WTF do condos have to do with basketball anyway???
Rockbttm88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 08:41 PM   #13
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Uh-oh Franks fate will be decided tommorow!!!
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:19 PM   #14
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Has Lawrence Frank coached his last game as a Net? (decision will be made Tommoro

New Jersey Nets coach Lawrence Frank likely will return to his post next season, according to the New York Daily News.
Frank reportedly has the support of Nets owner Bruce Ratner as well as two of the team's biggest talents -- Vince Carter and Devin Harris.
Another factor that will likely keep Frank in place is the $4.5 million sum he's due next season. The Nets are losing $30 million per year, according to the Daily News.
The Nets missed the playoffs for the second consecutive season in 2009 and finished 34-48.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:19 PM   #15
5 Star
Can barely lace up my sneakers

5 Star has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Has Lawrence Frank coached his last game as a Net? (decision will be made Tommorow!)

Sadly, Frank will be back another year. Too many players like him because he's a players coach. Personally, I am tired of watching him attempt to coach. At the same time, who would they replace him with?
5 Star is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: