Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 04-16-2009, 02:57 PM   #1
Maniak
... :\

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default 2009 Playoffs Round 1: #4 Hawks vs #5 Heat

Probably going to be the best series in the first round.

Post your predictions, who to look out for, and all that here.

Key Matchups

Joe Johnson vs Dwyane Wade

2 of the best SGs the game has to offer going head to head. Its going to be a back and forth battle, and I cant wait to see how Wade does. As we already know he is an amazing playoff performer and knows how to step it up. Johnson on the other hand was part of the Hawks team last year that almost upset the Celtics(who would go on to be champions).

Mike Bibby vs Mario Chalmers

If you didnt see Chalmers performance and clutch shots in the NCAA finals 2 years ago, go watch it. This guy is not shy when it comes to performing in the bright lights. Bibby on the other hand has been doing quite well this year. I thought I would see a big decline in his game, but I was wrong. These are 2 great PGs, fine matchup.

Players to look out for
Wade(MIA)
Johnson(ATL)
Bibby(ATL)
Beasley(MIA)
Smith(ATL)
Chalmers(MIA)
Daequan Cook(MIA)
Al Horford(ATL)

Last edited by insidehoops : 04-17-2009 at 11:43 AM.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 03:00 PM   #2
nbastatus
Doodle

nbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Official (4) Hawks VS (5) Heat First Round Thread

this series is a tought one.
it'll be a game 7 series.
im taking flash.
nbastatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 03:56 PM   #3
MontaHardaway
I hit open 5-footers

MontaHardaway has decent reputation

Heat in 5-6

then Wade Vs. Lebron in Eastern Semis

MontaHardaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:05 PM   #4
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year

DukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation here

Ill take Atl.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:06 PM   #5
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
Ill take Atl.
Why?
Old 04-16-2009, 04:07 PM   #6
Bman3Wade
I brick open layups

Bman3Wade has an OK reputation so far

Im takin the Heat in 6. Hopefully Chalmers and Beaslys step their games up for the playoffs. Also i expect good play from O'Neal and J. Moon
Bman3Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:09 PM   #7
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

best 1st Round matchup in the NBA this postseason
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:10 PM   #8
Maniak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
best 1st Round matchup in the NBA this postseason
Old 04-16-2009, 04:13 PM   #9
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Scehdule:

Quote:
  • Sun 19 @ Atlanta First Round 8:00pm
  • Wed 22 @ Atlanta First Round 8:00pm
  • Sat 25 @ Miami First Round 6:30pm
  • Mon 27 @ Miami First Round TBD
  • Wed 29 @ Atlanta First Round TBD
  • Fri 01 @ Miami First Round TBD
  • Sun 03 @ Atlanta First Round TBD
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:13 PM   #10
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This has the potential to be one of the most exciting playoff series in the East. If Michael Beasley is as effective as he's been to close the season, Jermaine O'Neal steps it up, Cook hits his three's, and Wade is Wade; I see the Heat running away with it. To me, it comes down to which team has the best player in the playoffs, and obvious Wade is the guy for this series. The Hawks are less of a question mark all around, so I'd say the odd's are against the Heat.

This one should go all 7.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:18 PM   #11
Gevz2kX
Logician

Gevz2kX has decent reputation

there are four first round series I'm gonna watch and this is one of them
Gevz2kX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:27 PM   #12
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

I think Jermaine O'Neal will have a greater impact than Daequan Cook.

Cook closed out the second half of the season after the All-star break as one of the worst streak shooters out. Went from 42% down to 38% from 3-PT.

The things I'm worried about are Haslem & Moon bouncing back from their injuries, and Jermaine O'Neal staying healthy. Other than that if Wade shows up in '06 championship form, the Heat win this series 4-2.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:44 PM   #13
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

i can't even remember the last time JO had a good game against the Hawks. He hasn't done anything against the hawks in years. I think they would be better off going with Joel Anthony. JO sucks.

The Hawks should win this in 5 or 6. The Heat don't match up well with the Hawks at all.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:08 PM   #14
-M-I
HI

-M-I is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
I think they would be better off going with Joel Anthony. JO sucks.

I can't take you serious when you make statements like this.
-M-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:17 PM   #15
MrEncinas
Local High School Star

MrEncinas has an OK reputation so far

Read an article from Ira Winderman that mentioned the possibility of us starting Beasley at the 3. The idea being Mo Evans wouldn't provide a difficult cover for Beasley on defense and Marvin is still injured. Would create some match-up problems for the Hawks. However, if this does happen Wade would be guarding Joe Johnson a lot more than if Moon or James Jones started at the 3.
MrEncinas is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: