Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 04-16-2009, 05:26 PM   #16
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Official (4) Hawks VS (5) Heat First Round Thread

They didn't do it all season... I see no possibility of them starting Beasley at the 3.

But I do think Beasley might get the start over Haslem if he has a bad Game 1. I really think the whole series hinges on Jermaine O'Neal and Beasley having good games. If those 2 show up to play along with Wade, the Hawks will lose.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:37 PM   #17
MrEncinas
Local High School Star

MrEncinas has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
They didn't do it all season... I see no possibility of them starting Beasley at the 3.

But I do think Beasley might get the start over Haslem if he has a bad Game 1. I really think the whole series hinges on Jermaine O'Neal and Beasley having good games. If those 2 show up to play along with Wade, the Hawks will lose.
It was actually coach Spo that led him to that idea. Saying something along the lines of Wade having to cover Joe Johnson for much of the game. Assuming Moon starts as usual he would normally get the Joe Johnson assignment. So that along with Spo not wanting to give his starting line-up to the media. That said he's probably just using this Beasley thing to make it a little more difficult for the Hawks to plan before game 1.
MrEncinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:45 PM   #18
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by -M-I
I can't take you serious when you make statements like this.

Anthony is surely a better defender. JO can hardly move any more. JO is shooting 47.5% which is good for him but lame for a center. He rebounds like a guard.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:52 PM   #19
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Heat is my bandwagon for these playoffs.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:52 PM   #20
iLoveNBA

Hawks in 7.... Heat have nobody except Wade. Jermaine is Trash.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:09 PM   #21
Doranku
NBA sixth man of the year

Doranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation here

Give me Heat in 6. Dwyane Wade is a proven Playoff performer, and the best player in the league. Against a mediocre team like Atlanta, I can't see them losing a game at home. And with Wade, there's a very good possibility that they'll steal a game in Atlanta.
Doranku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 06:30 PM   #22
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

Vegas has the Hawks as the favorite. So does Hollinger. This is from his chat;

"Dwanye Wade: John, I'm saddened to see that you believe that I cannot take the Hawks. While I disagree with you that Lebron is better this season, you have to admit that I've been playing on a level that FAR exceeds anyone on the Hawks. Between me and my boy, Beasley, we got this covered!

John Hollinger: Wade is far better than anyone on the Hawks, but 2 through 7 the Hawks are better at every spot, and Atlanta has contained Wade every time they've played by switching all the screen and rolls and forcing him to shoot jumpers over Smith or Horford. "
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 06:33 PM   #23
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If anyone thinks the Hawks can handle Wade in the POs they will be suprised. And if you can't handle Wade, you won't win the close games.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:49 PM   #24
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hotlantadude81 has decent reputation
Default Re: 2009 Playoffs Round 1: #4 Hawks vs #5 Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
Probably going to be the best series in the first round.

Post your predictions, who to look out for, and all that here. I will try and access some links for you guys who cant get any.

I will post some stuff myself in abit.

Probably the least important series in the playoffs since there isn't really a chance of an upset or a chance of either team getting out of the 2nd round.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 06:52 PM   #25
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by -M-I
I can't take you serious when you make statements like this.

Jermaine O'Neal is trash. He hasn't done anything of note in about 3 or 4 seasons.

But it shows that the Hawks are mediocre. If the Hawks were really any good this series wouldn't even be debatable because Wade aside.... The Heat has an untalented roster.

Last edited by Hotlantadude81 : 04-16-2009 at 06:55 PM.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:59 PM   #26
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Untalented? not the write word, they have lots of talent.

If JO can be a shot blocker and get garbage buckets he will be of use.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:04 PM   #27
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Untalented? not the write word, they have lots of talent.

If JO can be a shot blocker and get garbage buckets he will be of use.

Going by NBA standards of course. Even with having possibly the MVP... Miami was still only good enough to win 42 games in the extremely weak east.

If I'm building a team.... I look at nobody on Miami other than Wade. O'Neal don't cut it. It's possible for him to have an ok series this round because the Hawks lack big men.... But if I'm striving for the big prize I don't want ONeal as a starter.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:40 PM   #28
206kid
High School Varsity 12th Man

206kid has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
Going by NBA standards of course. Even with having possibly the MVP... Miami was still only good enough to win 42 games in the extremely weak east.

If I'm building a team.... I look at nobody on Miami other than Wade. O'Neal don't cut it. It's possible for him to have an ok series this round because the Hawks lack big men.... But if I'm striving for the big prize I don't want ONeal as a starter.

Michael Beasley? Mario Chalmers?

And what do you mean only 43 wins? They only won 15 last season that's a 28 game turnaround. And your acting like the Hawks are any better.

The Heat aren't going to lose one game at home, and Wade will steal a game in Atlanta. No one is going to stop Wade. No One.
206kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:41 PM   #29
206kid
High School Varsity 12th Man

206kid has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
Vegas has the Hawks as the favorite. So does Hollinger. This is from his chat;

"Dwanye Wade: John, I'm saddened to see that you believe that I cannot take the Hawks. While I disagree with you that Lebron is better this season, you have to admit that I've been playing on a level that FAR exceeds anyone on the Hawks. Between me and my boy, Beasley, we got this covered!

John Hollinger: Wade is far better than anyone on the Hawks, but 2 through 7 the Hawks are better at every spot, and Atlanta has contained Wade every time they've played by switching all the screen and rolls and forcing him to shoot jumpers over Smith or Horford. "

Did Wade really say that?
206kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:44 PM   #30
NOHCP3
Pelican Brief

NOHCP3 is popular on this boardNOHCP3 is popular on this boardNOHCP3 is popular on this boardNOHCP3 is popular on this boardNOHCP3 is popular on this board

Heat in 7. Wade carries them to a couple of very close victories. The Hawks are the better team but the Heat clearly have the head and shoulders best player in the series.
NOHCP3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: