Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 04-16-2009, 07:58 PM   #31
AMISTILLILL
Banned

AMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: 2009 Playoffs Round 1: #4 Hawks vs #5 Heat

Heat in 7. Epic game 7 for Wade with tons of highlights and incredible plays. The highlights likely end there because I seriously doubt the Heat's ability to accomplish much in the second round.
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:03 PM   #32
jrong
Revolution untelevised

jrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation here

If Beasley continues his strong play: Heat in six.

If Wade is all by himself: Heat in six.

In either case, MIA wins Games 1, 3, 4, and 6. The notion that the Hawks have contained Wade is overblown. In the last game he played in Atlanta,he was uncharacteristically passive. He shot above 50% for the game, but for some reason only took 17 shots. He was in the middle of his month-long stint of averaging 37/7/11, so perhaps he was fatigued.

In any case, history shows that Wade takes his game to an even higher level in the postseason. The Hawks will discover that firsthand soon enough.
jrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:09 PM   #33
Biddy77
Keyless' gimmick acct

Biddy77 has a terrific reputationBiddy77 has a terrific reputationBiddy77 has a terrific reputationBiddy77 has a terrific reputationBiddy77 has a terrific reputationBiddy77 has a terrific reputation

i think atlanta is going to take it in 6.

wade is going to go off, there's no question about that. he'll score a ton. he always does. here's the thing, though... whether he's having an 'on' night or an 'off' night shooting the ball, Wade is going to put it up. a LOT. i'm not saying he's a chucker. the guy is generally a pretty good scorer, and usually justifies the volume of shots he takes.

but on those OOOOTTTTHHHEEERRR nights, it's not uncommon for him to take 24 FGA, get his usual assortment of free throws, and score 21 or so points.

that hurts like hell.

so the question i'm left with is... we know wade is going to be wade. he's going to produce. who ELSE is going to produce, and what is the cost of those numbers?

beasley is not ready yet. ready to put up numbers? sure. he'll score. he'll rebound. he'll look great in the box score. i also think he's going to bleed his team out with his flurries of shots, defensive lapses, etc. i fully expect that if he's playing a lot in this series, his team will generally suffer.

in the meantime, atlanta has a number of weapons, and can afford for key guys like JJ and Bibby to have off nights. i think Horford will break out in one of the first two games, and will have the type of beyond-the-numbers impact you need a guy to have in order to win a series.

just my .02

beasley strokers, flame away. this isn't his year. great talent, but it's just not his time yet.
Biddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:13 PM   #34
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hotlantadude81 has decent reputation
Default Re: Official (4) Hawks VS (5) Heat First Round Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 206kid
Michael Beasley? Mario Chalmers?

And what do you mean only 43 wins? They only won 15 last season that's a 28 game turnaround. And your acting like the Hawks are any better.

The Heat aren't going to lose one game at home, and Wade will steal a game in Atlanta. No one is going to stop Wade. No One.

You've been here long enough to know what I think of the Hawks. After the 3 spot, the rest of the east is mediocre. Mario Chalmers? Sorry, he's not that good. I'm not going to be impressed by 10/5 on so so shooting. Rookie or not.
Every decent rookie isn't a real valuable piece.

28 game turnaround still only equaled 43 wins. Still not that good overall. Despite Wade, the Heat still managed to lose 39 games... So yes, they clearly can lose. It doesn't matter in the long run because neither of these teams have a shot at a deep playoff run. Like I said before, this is one of the least important playoff series this year. There is no chance for a real upset in the series or a chance for a deep playoff run for either team.

But the Hawks won more games this season and won the season series. So yes they should be called the better team as of right now. For what it's worth. Even if the Hawks win this series I'm not going to jump for joy. This Hawks played in the playoffs for 10+ years and never able to get past the 2nd round. All that I care about is the big prize. Anything less is nothing to get excited over.

Last edited by Hotlantadude81 : 04-16-2009 at 10:17 PM.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:21 PM   #35
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board
Default Re: Official (4) Hawks VS (5) Heat First Round Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 206kid
Did Wade really say that?

It is just a chat. Some Miami homer just typed in the name to get a response from Hollinger.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:31 PM   #36
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrong
If Beasley continues his strong play: Heat in six.

If Wade is all by himself: Heat in six.

In either case, MIA wins Games 1, 3, 4, and 6. The notion that the Hawks have contained Wade is overblown. In the last game he played in Atlanta,he was uncharacteristically passive. He shot above 50% for the game, but for some reason only took 17 shots.

It is funny how Wade, Lebron, Melo and Kobe were all "uncharacteristically passive" against the Hawks, scoring well below their averages.

Quote:
In any case, history shows that Wade takes his game to an even higher level in the postseason. The Hawks will discover that firsthand soon enough.

Speaking of history the Hawks won 3 playoff games last year against a 66 win team that won the title. They are a better team this year. They have shown all year that they get up for big games.

it is a tribute to Wade that he has carried the Heat this far but lets be real a big reason for their record is that they have been far healthier than other teams. The Hawks starters have missed a total of 50 games this year due to injuries and the Hawks still have a better record.

The Heat have to rely heavily on young guys (Chalmers, Beasley, Moon) who will be playing in the playoffs for the first time. they also have to rely on washed up vets (JO, Mags) that the Hawks coach could outrun.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:57 PM   #37
f0und
Good High School Starter

f0und has an OK reputation so far

i got heat in 5 or 6.

i just dont see wade falling to this team in the playoffs. as good as wade is in the regular season, he's a totally different beast in the playoffs, when healthy of course. he's extra sharp, extra focused, extra mentally tough, and extra aggressive. wade by himself can carry a middle of the pack team past the hawks.

if they get past the hawks, which i think is likely, the real war is gonna be in the second round with cleveland.
f0und is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:58 PM   #38
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

hawks in 7.
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:08 AM   #39
RonySeikalyFTW
Banned

RonySeikalyFTW has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biddy77

but on those OOOOTTTTHHHEEERRR nights, it's not uncommon for him to take 24 FGA, get his usual assortment of free throws, and score 21 or so points.

that hurts like hell.

Please find me a game this season where Wade has taken 24 or more shots and scored 21 or fewer points. I'm certain it hasn't happened this season and I'd wager it's probably never happened in his career any more than 4 or 5 times at the most. He doesn't have those Kobe-esque 7-24 nights. He just doesn't, his game is too efficient.

I'm thinking Beasley is going to step it up and it will be Heat in 6. And if it goes to game 7, well, just think of how well Atlanta performed under the pressure of a game 7 last postseason.
RonySeikalyFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:13 AM   #40
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wade is amazing but Hawks are simply a better TEAM..think they learnt alot from their first playoff experence last year.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:47 AM   #41
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Mike Bibby - 2009 NBA MVP.

Just stating the undisputed facts.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:05 AM   #42
Biddy77
Keyless' gimmick acct

Biddy77 has a terrific reputationBiddy77 has a terrific reputationBiddy77 has a terrific reputationBiddy77 has a terrific reputationBiddy77 has a terrific reputationBiddy77 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonySeikalyFTW
Please find me a game this season where Wade has taken 24 or more shots and scored 21 or fewer points. I'm certain it hasn't happened this season and I'd wager it's probably never happened in his career any more than 4 or 5 times at the most. He doesn't have those Kobe-esque 7-24 nights. He just doesn't, his game is too efficient.

I'm thinking Beasley is going to step it up and it will be Heat in 6. And if it goes to game 7, well, just think of how well Atlanta performed under the pressure of a game 7 last postseason.

this post actually made me LOL and check for a white text trap.

he took 24 FGA and scored 21 this year in one of the games against ATLANTA. in fact, he even went 3-6 on free throws, which seems to mean that he got fouled 'in the act' 3 times... which means he looked to score about 27 times to get his 21 points. here's the box score.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore...d=200 8121214

wade has shot below 40% from the floor 18 times this year, and on 11 of those occasions, he took 20 or more FGA. here's a link for your consumption:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3708/gamelog

additionally, wade has had TWELVE games this year where he's finished with more FGA than points. that's not even the really harsh view... i didn't go back and look at FTA to figure out how many games he finished with fewer points than *scoring attempts*.

btw, he's not alone. Kobe has shot below 40% 25 times this year (maybe more, i did the counts for this about a week ago), and Roy had 19 times. s**t happens.

don't let the glare of wade's awesomeness blind you. he IS usually efficient, but 18 games out of 79 games means he's shot below 40% in 22.7% of his outings.
Biddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:09 AM   #43
lukekarts
Local High School Star

lukekarts has an OK reputation so far

It doesn't feel right for me to say this but I really hope Haslem isn't ready to play in this series.

Beasley has really got going at the right time - he's showing a lot better chemistry with the team and his positional sense for rebounds is pretty good now.

Moreover, I don't see anyone Atlanta have that he will struggle to control defensively - I've got to assume the guards will cancel themselves out and that Moon/Jones will take Smith, with JO taking Horford. Beasley isn't going to struggle to contain Williams or Evans (or whoever else he's left with) because they don't have the ability to score big.

At the same time, if a combination of JJ/Smith/Horford are going to try to contain Wade, with Beasley on the court at the same time one of them isn't going to be doubled - and in the worst case scenario if both get doubled then our 3 pointers (Jones/Cook) are going to have a lot of space.

It all changes with Haslem in there, as we can't capitalise on Atlanta's inability to defend against 2 big scorers.
lukekarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:37 AM   #44
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biddy77
this post actually made me LOL and check for a white text trap.

he took 24 FGA and scored 21 this year in one of the games against ATLANTA. in fact, he even went 3-6 on free throws, which seems to mean that he got fouled 'in the act' 3 times... which means he looked to score about 27 times to get his 21 points. here's the box score.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore...d=200 8121214

wade has shot below 40% from the floor 18 times this year, and on 11 of those occasions, he took 20 or more FGA. here's a link for your consumption:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3708/gamelog

additionally, wade has had TWELVE games this year where he's finished with more FGA than points. that's not even the really harsh view... i didn't go back and look at FTA to figure out how many games he finished with fewer points than *scoring attempts*.

btw, he's not alone. Kobe has shot below 40% 25 times this year (maybe more, i did the counts for this about a week ago), and Roy had 19 times. s**t happens.

don't let the glare of wade's awesomeness blind you. he IS usually efficient, but 18 games out of 79 games means he's shot below 40% in 22.7% of his outings.

Old 04-17-2009, 09:00 AM   #45
HiphopRelated
Local High School Star

HiphopRelated has decent reputation

He also went 13-19 against Atlanta.

How many games did Wade have where he scored less points than he took shots which is what the post was about?. Doubt more than 5.

and 18 out of 82 is ~ 1 in 5... so Wade could have 2 bad shooting games in 7 if you use that theory...so you're up the river without a paddle the other 5 anyway....only need to win 4
HiphopRelated is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: