Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-05-2006, 04:06 AM   #1
Kobe=MVP07`
Local High School Star

Kobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation here
Default if u actualy know fantsy bbal, wat u think of this??

9 players in the league
its a points system
1pt=1 pt , 1reb=2pts, 1 ast =2pts , 1stl/1blk=3 pts
NO fg% or Ft% or 3`s

Round Pick Player Position
1. (9) G. Arenas G
2. (10) C. Bosh F,C
3. (27) G. Wallace G,F CONTRACT YR also
4. (28) C. Anthony F
5. (45) S. Marbury G
6. (46) S. O'Neal C
7. (63) T. Ford G
8. (64) A. Harrington F
9. (81) R. Foye G
10. (82) B. Wells G
11. (99) m.williams [atl]

wat u guys think?
Kobe=MVP07` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 04:30 AM   #2
GoDuke
I airball my layups

GoDuke has an OK reputation so far

home come Arenas slipped all the way to 9? nice players but you might need another center... also one more 3-pt shooter wouldn't hurt...
GoDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 08:24 AM   #3
dinks101
I hit open layups

dinks101 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDuke
also one more 3-pt shooter wouldn't hurt...

But he doesnt need 3's coz it doesnt count
dinks101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 03:55 PM   #4
Kobe=MVP07`
Local High School Star

Kobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDuke
home come Arenas slipped all the way to 9? nice players but you might need another center... also one more 3-pt shooter wouldn't hurt...

the first round went like this
1. lebron
2.kg
3.kobe
4.marion
5.wade
6.dirk
7.brand
8.iverson
9.gilbert

2nd round
10. bosh
Old 10-05-2006, 08:30 PM   #5
Tess Squad
I brick open layups

Tess Squad has an OK reputation so far

The underlying theme here is "arguably" when you're discussing who are the top tier'd players. So for the dsicussion that could follow its interesting. I don't know if I'd be one to retain this interest much past the all star break. Just by the look of the first round choices, the onlyit looks like w/r/t this scoring Its an interesting league. I don't know how interesting down the road it will be. I wonder what is more interesting - the "who's your top 20 in this system?" or "who is normally in the top 50 on everyone's list that is not even in the top 100 here?" I like that second question.

Where were Josh Howard ad Josh Smith taken? I bet they slipped??

A stat that isnt counted but factors HUGELY is Games played and injuries are huge in this league and so too with injuries. If you have a player on your squad that you hate but don't have any good replacement options, keep a close eye on injuries that will occur to a few decent players in this league. Interesting enough there are players that may not be on anyone's squad, that if hit with an injury could lead to a pleasent surprise in this system, most likely a rookie. For example. PJ brown may or may not have been drafted - he's a bubble guy I would say off the top of the dome. If drafted, he may not find himself a home over the long run. Interestingly enough, if he goes down Tyrus Thomas (who should get 15 m/g already come half-season) could come out blazing in this league. He could pick up and add to the boards that PJ gets you and he could give you PTS and STLS at a clip that is suprizing on that team. He could wind up the offensive threat in 5 years that Ben Wallace never became.

I like Sheldon Williams in this league. If he's avail, look to drop someone.

But, briefly, I'd say that Iverson Dirk and Kobe were over drafted. I think kobe was way to high. Gerald Wallace was a steal where you got him. There is an argument for him in the top 10 if not 5. Marion could be the best there is in this system and then again so could Wade. So could Diaw if he builds on last year. And so could Bosh.

But I think its Brand hands down. 6 people slept. His 20+ppg, 2.5 blk, 1 stl, 2.6 assts, and 10 rebs I submit as the best player. No way should Lebron be first. 5th maybe? I could see him being 10th?

Way to grab Bonzi! Thats my boy. He should have been top 50 for sure. Shaq is way too high, sorry. You gotta approach the numbers with a weight system for Games Played over the past few years. I think that is very crucial over a whole season. Where he comes up huge, those 20 missed games are death to a team that relied on him too early. Same with Kirelenko. He was most likely snapped top 20. Its tempting for sure, but was probably too early. We all want to see him play 77 games or so. dont see it unfortunately.

Now, Brad Miller is one of the Best at the C with his ASTs

Chris Paul is a top 5 guard without a doubt and so is Brev Knight.

I can go on and on, but anyone with 15 Pts, 8 REBS, 6 ASTS, and no less than either having one of STLS or BLKS be 1.5 and higher with the other at least close to 1 will be god.

Quick Tip: Off the top of my head, look out for Darius Miles and watch Eddie Griffen. If he finally decides to play some ball he can be crazy in this league. Consider Chandler if he is on the FA list too.

Adios Catino Mobely and Mike James. Peace out Rip Hamilton and Jason Terry. Take a seat Stackhouse. Juan Howard would finally retire if he was paid based on this system.

Last edited by Tess Squad : 10-05-2006 at 08:32 PM.
Tess Squad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 11:32 PM   #6
Kobe=MVP07`
Local High School Star

josh smith was taken in the 4th round...josh howard was taken much later...

and with gerald wallace im hoping he plays 75+ games, b/c he wud be a beast and its a contract year, and we all know that nba players bring it up a notch during a contract yr
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: