Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-16-2009, 05:43 PM   #1
PleezeBelieve
Jay-A: Thats MR To You

PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Before it happens, post the unlikely here so people can't claim you as a bandwagoner

Ya'll know I got my thoughts, but so this thread doesn't get deleted, let me hear what some of you have to say first.

Please explain why/how you believe 'unlikely' will happen.
PleezeBelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:49 PM   #2
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Before it happens, post the unlikely here so people can't claim you as a bandwagoner

I think the Mavs take care of the Spurs not easily, but pretty definitively. I've seen the Spurs win games with miraculous shots, etc. with Duncan looking beat up and Ginobili out and them getting all the credit in the world for that - and they should. But it doesn't bode well for the playoffs. Remember Iverson's miraculous beating of the Lakers in game 1 of the finals? It was so amazing and depressing at the same time, because the level it took to win games was 100% not sustainable. To me, that is the Spurs right now. Couple that with the Mavs basically being able to make their season just by winning a Rd1 series and i think this is a bad bad matchup for SA even with home field.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:55 PM   #3
TheAnchorman
Luchini from the sky

TheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Before it happens, post the unlikely here so people can't claim you as a bandwagoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
I think the Mavs take care of the Spurs not easily, but pretty definitively. I've seen the Spurs win games with miraculous shots, etc. with Duncan looking beat up and Ginobili out and them getting all the credit in the world for that - and they should. But it doesn't bode well for the playoffs. Remember Iverson's miraculous beating of the Lakers in game 1 of the finals? It was so amazing and depressing at the same time, because the level it took to win games was 100% not sustainable. To me, that is the Spurs right now. Couple that with the Mavs basically being able to make their season just by winning a Rd1 series and i think this is a bad bad matchup for SA even with home field.
Agreed, Mavs have been doing quite well as of late, and it's always good to end the regular season with a good run. Obviously everyone are going for the Spurs to win just because of Mr. Fundamental and Tony as well as the role players yet everyone forgets that Nowitzki and Kidd are still a formidable force to contend with, not to mention Jason Terry is on fire this season.
TheAnchorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:57 PM   #4
PleezeBelieve

PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Good start. I have Dallas beating the Spurs. Spurs are a shell of what they used to be from two years back. In fact I would not be surprised to see the Spurs get dominated in five or six games. It will really give real credence to my playoff shocker that LA wont make it to the Finals.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:02 PM   #5
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

I have the Mavs winning in 6.
Also, New Orleans will upset Denver, most likely. Chris Paul is gonna tear it up.
Also, Houston is getting out of the first round, as long as TMac is not playing. (j/k with the TMac part, but I really believe Houston can do it)

I really think we can see 3 upsets in the WC in the first round. Or let's put it this way, the probability of 3 upsets IMO is higher than no upset at all.
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 06:03 PM   #6
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

rockets get out of the 1st round

magic shocks a good team in the east

i really want magic vs either rockets/blazers in the finals too bad they play each other in the first round
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 06:07 PM   #7
AirJordan23
Local High School Star

AirJordan23 is considered somewhat coolAirJordan23 is considered somewhat coolAirJordan23 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
I have the Mavs winning in 6.
Also, New Orleans will upset Denver, most likely. Chris Paul is gonna tear it up.
Also, Houston is getting out of the first round, as long as TMac is not playing. (j/k with the TMac part, but I really believe Houston can do it)

I really think we can see 3 upsets in the WC in the first round. Or let's put it this way, the probability of 3 upsets IMO is higher than no upset at all.
None of the results in the West can be called an "upset" other than Utah/LA because Utah isn't capable of winning on the road and their frontcourt can't contend with LA's. NOH beating Denver can't be considered an upset, mostly because there's a 5 game difference between their win total and NOH has been plagued with injuries. I'm pretty sure they have a better record with Chandler playing because he really helps their interior defense and rebounding. Rockets/Blazers can't be called an upset either. Rockets have the upper hand due to experience and some of their perimeter defenders but Portland does have a shot. Neither can Dallas/SAS be considered an upset. Mavs match up well with the Spurs and the Spurs have a declining Duncan and are without Ginobili.
AirJordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 06:13 PM   #8
Doranku
NBA sixth man of the year

Doranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation here

Dallas will beat San Antonio. Dallas has been playing great ball of lately and San Antonio doesn't have their key ingredient: Ginobili. The Spurs aren't getting any younger either, and Tim Duncan's health is still questionable. I'll take the surging Mavericks in 6.

Miami will beat Atlanta and take the Cavaliers to 7 games. No one on Atlanta can touch Dwyane Wade, and there's no way he lets his team lose in the first round. Miami has proven they can beat the Cavaliers on their home floor, and I see Miami being a very formidable home team this Playoffs with an energized Dwyane Wade.

Chicago will take Boston to 7 games. With the addition of Salmons and the news about Garnett, I think it's very plausible that Chicago may even win this series. However, Boston still has two great Playoff performers in Ray Allen and Paul Pierce, and I don't believe they'll drop a game at the Garden.

Hornets will beat the Nuggets. I still can't take the Nuggets seriously, especially after that embarrassing loss against the Blazers to close out the season. Chris Paul is a magician out there, and even though Billups is an above average defender, I can't see him being stopped. This series could go either way, really, with Denver having homecourt, but I have a feeling we're going to see some very special games from Chris Paul this series.

Last edited by Doranku : 04-16-2009 at 06:17 PM.
Doranku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 06:14 PM   #9
bruceblitz
blitzsportsnetwork.com

bruceblitz has not been impressing people

I have CP3 pulling the Hornets through 2 rounds and dropping off against the Lakers.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=128563
I posted it there first. Hey pleeezebelieve, the guys in that thread want you to back up your Lakers dropping out prediction with some type of analysis. Would love to read it.
bruceblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 06:15 PM   #10
PleezeBelieve

Houston will not beat Portland. In fact, this is another series I don't see be all that close. Trailblazers may need 7, but I could see them winning games 1, 2, 4, and 5 to make it 4-1. I see the Rockets getting blasted in Portland. Blazers PG play and overall depth will be the difference.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:15 PM   #11
bruceblitz
blitzsportsnetwork.com

bruceblitz has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doranku
Dallas will beat San Antonio.

Miami will beat Atlanta and take the Cavaliers to 7 games.

Chicago will take Boston to 7 games.

Hornets will beat the Nuggets.

Oh yes, Hornets over the Nuggets. Repped!
bruceblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 06:17 PM   #12
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirJordan23
None of the results in the West can be called an "upset" other than Utah/LA because Utah isn't capable of winning on the road and their frontcourt can't contend with LA's. NOH beating Denver can't be considered an upset, mostly because there's a 5 game difference between their win total and NOH has been plagued with injuries. I'm pretty sure they have a better record with Chandler playing because he really helps their interior defense and rebounding. Rockets/Blazers can't be called an upset either. Rockets have the upper hand due to experience and some of their perimeter defenders but Portland does have a shot. Neither can Dallas/SAS be considered an upset. Mavs match up well with the Spurs and the Spurs have a declining Duncan and are without Ginobili.

I agree, it was bad wording on my part. With upset I simply meant that the lower seed is winning
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 06:28 PM   #13
GiveItToBurrito

Default Re: Before it happens, post the unlikely here so people can't claim you as a bandwago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
rockets get out of the 1st round

magic shocks a good team in the east

i really want magic vs either rockets/blazers in the finals too bad they play each other in the first round

Agreed. The Magic will most likely beat the Celtics since KG is out, and the Cavs just don't match up well with them. No team in the league can really keep Lebron out of the paint, but there isn't anyone in the league better than Dwight Howard at contesting shots. Also, since the Cavs lack a scoring power forward, Rashard Lewis' lack of strength won't really be as much of an issue as it might normally be.

I could also see the Mavericks going far this year, too. The Hornets and Nuggets are both beatable (especially the former), even though there's no way the Mavericks beat the Lakers in a a seven game series.

The one real shocker that I could see happening would be the Bulls beating the Celtics in the first round. Boston's cold, Chicago's hot, and the Celtics could be deflated or distracted by Garnett's injury, as well as overconfident. I'm not saying it will happen, but it wouldn't completely surprise me.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:40 PM   #14
vert48
Can You?

vert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat cool

More complete teams will finally figure out that the Cavs only have 1 play when the game is on the line, and even with the Ref's trying their hardest, the Cavs will not make the finals
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 06:59 PM   #15
GiveItToBurrito

Default Re: Before it happens, post the unlikely here so people can't claim you as a bandwago

Quote:
Originally Posted by vert48
More complete teams will finally figure out that the Cavs only have 1 play when the game is on the line, and even with the Ref's trying their hardest, the Cavs will not make the finals

How many teams can stop that one play, though? LA, Houston, and Orlando (because of the help defender) are the only ones who I can think of. Maybe Boston (Pierce did a good job on Lebron, but Lebron still scored 40-some in game seven last year, so it's not like he shuts him down).
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: