Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 08:53 PM   #16
ScolaFan
Spurs Forum Moderator

ScolaFan has decent reputationScolaFan has decent reputation
Talking Re: 2009 Playoffs Round 1: #3 Spurs vs #6 Mavericks

Spurs in 5.... yeah the mavs will win one just to shut Cuban up.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:13 PM   #17
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2009 Playoffs Round 1: #3 Spurs vs #6 Mavericks

Spurs in 6. No Manu no problem, its Duncan time b!tch
Old 04-16-2009, 09:54 PM   #18
LBJames2010
Local High School Star

LBJames2010 has an OK reputation so far

Did nobody see the Mavs beat the Rockets? I think the mavs can do this if they bring thier A game.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:58 PM   #19
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I am not a fan of Dirk Nowitzki and the Dallas Mavericks, but i want to see them eliminate the Spurs in the First Round of the playoffs because It's the Spurs last chance to win another NBA Championship this year.

Dirk is going to own Duncan in the playoffs.

Dallas in 6.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:18 PM   #20
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

For people that are saying the spurs will win, is losing Devin Harris and gaining Jason Kidd really that much of a change to say that the spurs will win? Duncan has gotten worse and ginobili is out.

Rewind to the 2006 playoffs and we beat yall in 7 and we were even up 3-1.

I see the Mavs winning in 6 or 7.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:21 PM   #21
Biddy77
Keyless' gimmick acct

Biddy77 has a terrific reputationBiddy77 has a terrific reputationBiddy77 has a terrific reputationBiddy77 has a terrific reputationBiddy77 has a terrific reputationBiddy77 has a terrific reputation

Mavs in 5. duncan will prove to be more ground down and worn out that people realize. Jet will go nuts, Dirk will show up big time, and Eric Dampier leaning on Duncan will be the catalyst for the Mavs to advance to the 2nd round.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:04 PM   #22
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

mavs in 6, no manu=first round exit
Old 04-16-2009, 11:05 PM   #23
iLoveNBA

This is still an interesting series despite no Manu. Homecourt plays no factor in this series, it depends on matchup, strategies and executions.

Both of these guys are capable of winning on the road and at home. It's probably going to be 1-0, then 1-1, then 2-1, then 2-2, It's going to be like that till Game 7.

I still think the Mavericks win though, in 6 or 7. I don't see the Spurs advancing.

Old 04-16-2009, 11:11 PM   #24
JustinJDW

JustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this board

Spurs in 6. The Spurs always bring their best Game in the Playoffs. Parker will mop the floor with Kid, and Duncan and Dirk will occupy each other pretty well, but Duncan has always been better than Dirk. With guys like Mason, Finley and even the surprising Udoka playing their roles, add Homecourt Advantage and the experience of Popovich and the Spurs, and we are going to win the Series.

The only way the Mavs have a real shot is if Terry goes crazy and has MVP Performances, but with the Spurs A+ Defense, that's not going to happen.

Spurs in 6.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:37 PM   #25
spursdynasty420
Banned

spursdynasty420 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayspursdynasty420 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biddy77
Mavs in 5. duncan will prove to be more ground down and worn out that people realize. Jet will go nuts, Dirk will show up big time, and Eric Dampier leaning on Duncan will be the catalyst for the Mavs to advance to the 2nd round.

yah i mean after that 20 point 19 rebound 6 assist game he had uh last NIGHT vs the hornets. ya duncan is finished..
Old 04-17-2009, 12:15 AM   #26
Silverbullit
Good college starter

Silverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected poster

I have a good feeling about my Mavs.
The Spurs are always hard to beat, but with Dirk in MVP shape (as all season long) I see us advancing in 6.
Key factor: Josh Howard has to play like he is capable.

Parker will have a monster series (25+ ppg), Duncan like Duncan (20+ ppg, 15 rpg), but Dirk/Jet/Kidd/Josh are enough to go on a deep playoff run.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:16 AM   #27
Silverbullit
Good college starter

Silverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursdynasty420
yah i mean after that 20 point 19 rebound 6 assist game he had uh last NIGHT vs the hornets. ya duncan is finished..

Duncan isn't finished, I hope he plays at his best and we see an epic battle like 2006.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:31 AM   #28
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan

TMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation here

Spurs win it in 6 games. Book it.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:35 AM   #29
NY Comeback
Banned

NY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Minus the few in this thread, the majority of ISH has San Antonio winning...but I just don't see it. The Mavs have a little hot streak going, and imo, San Antonio doesn't have the pieces to hang with the Mavs. Dirk has been killing it lately, San Antone with no Ginobili, add to the fact that their defense isn't as great as it once was, I don't see how they'd stand a chance honestly. I got the Mavericks in 6.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:52 AM   #30
Wonder Bread Kid
My Pimp Hand Is Lethal

Wonder Bread Kid has an OK reputation so far

Do people forget the Spurs have Drew Gooden?

He's added fire power to a bench missing Manu.

He can't replace Manu but his offense is better than expected.

In his last ten games he's averaging 13 points and 4 rebounds in 21 minutes.

Last edited by Wonder Bread Kid : 04-17-2009 at 12:56 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread