Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 10:06 PM   #16
ruslan
Decent college freshman

ruslan is considered somewhat coolruslan is considered somewhat coolruslan is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: 2009 NBA playoffs: Round 1 - #1)Cleveland Cavs vs #8)Detroit Pistons

Old 04-16-2009, 10:53 PM   #17
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2009 NBA playoffs: Round 1 - #1)Cleveland Cavs vs #8)Detroit Pistons

Pistons in 6!
Old 04-16-2009, 10:57 PM   #18
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I actually like the Pistons in this series but I'm worried that it's just residual belief in how good they've been in the 2000's. Just seems like of anybody in the lower half of the east, they might be able to "flip the switch" and be the savvy vets to spoil the one pony show of cleveland. I think it'll be a long series either way.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:57 PM   #19
tastystaci
Local High School Star

tastystaci has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruslan

fail. The Pistons will win a game. They have the same team essentially, minus Chauncey. And in case you forgot, Chauncey scored 15 ppg, shot 39%, with a .91 turnover/assist ratio in the '07 ECF against the Cavs.

I promise Stuckey and Bynum will post better numbers than that. And it depends on how much the refs favor Lebron also(he shot 13 free throws per game in the '07 ECF victories) If they keep him around 10 ft/game this is going 6, maybe even 7. Cavs will win of course.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:57 PM   #20
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

cavs in 4, detroit is horrible.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:51 AM   #21
Toizumi
veteran savvy

Toizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I love the pistons, but they're done. Yes, they have some smart veteran player (dice, sheed, rip, tay), but they're old an none of them can really step up to carry the team anymore (billups could). Their younger players lack experience and I don't see Stuckey having a good series against the Cavs. For some reason I can see Maxxiel coming up big though...
aah well.
Cavs in 5

Old 04-17-2009, 07:05 AM   #22
lilmarcgasol
Banned

lilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this board

You guys forget, Stuckey made his career on last years playoffs where he looked like possibly the next Dwayne Wade. Yes he has sucked all year but who knows, maybe he is the kind of player who always raises his game at the big time?
Old 04-17-2009, 07:27 AM   #23
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy>
cavs in 4, detroit is horrible.

It's time to end their dominance in the Eastern Conference. The Reason that they always advanced in the ECF because the Eastern Conference was weak after Michael Jordan retired in 1998.

But this season the East have 3 of the best teams in the NBA, and they beat the Western Conference in their head to head matchups.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:27 AM   #24
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year

DukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I refuse to underestimate the pistons. They are a tough team with lots of experience. I have a feeling this a going to be a tough series for the cavs.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:35 AM   #25
Hotbullets
High School Starter

Hotbullets has an OK reputation so far

Cavs in 6
Old 04-17-2009, 09:06 AM   #26
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
Pistons in 7.

i hope ALL series go 7 games

i am cheering for the pistons in this series and am hoping that the low seed and expectations work to their advantage. experience is their only advantage.

anything can happen in the playoffs

stern and the networks would have a $hitfit without lebron in the second round!!
Old 04-17-2009, 09:17 AM   #27
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I hope the Cavs don't read the press clippings about this series.

Yeah, I think it will be a short one, but we have a key cog (Mo) who hasn't been through the battles with us yet. I hope that if this team faces any sort of adversity in this series, that they can remain the same loose/confident bunch that they have been all season.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:55 AM   #28
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toizumi
I love the pistons, but they're done. Yes, they have some smart veteran player (dice, sheed, rip, tay), but they're old an none of them can really step up to carry the team anymore (billups could). Their younger players lack experience and I don't see Stuckey having a good series against the Cavs. For some reason I can see Maxxiel coming up big though...
aah well.
Cavs in 5

yeah, billups really "carried" the team the last 2 post seasons didnt he? pistons in 4!
Old 04-17-2009, 10:14 AM   #29
MD23
Can barely lace up my sneakers

MD23 has an OK reputation so far

Depending which Pistons team turns up this could be over in 4 with 3 blowouts or it could take 6. depends which Sheed and which Rip Hamilton turn up.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:28 AM   #30
Detroit
H8s Laker Homers!

Detroit has decent reputationDetroit has decent reputation

im not giving up on the pistons lol

i say pistons in 7
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread