Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 12:08 PM   #31
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: 2009 NBA playoffs: Round 1 - #1)Cleveland Cavs vs #8)Detroit Pistons

We've had some great rivalries with Detroit in the past, but honestly I just don't see it happening this time, Cavs in 5.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:10 PM   #32
Torious
Great young streetballer

Torious has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: 2009 NBA playoffs: Round 1 - #1)Cleveland Cavs vs #8)Detroit Pistons

Detroit in 4.

*leans back*

*mumbles to self* (when they actually do pull it off, I'll look like a frickin' genius and when they lose I can always claim I was just kidding. Flawless.)

:smug:
Old 04-17-2009, 12:53 PM   #33
Cabbage
Thugget

Cabbage has an OK reputation so far

Cleveland in 4
Old 04-17-2009, 01:41 PM   #34
lazerface
everything must go

lazerface is a pretty well-respected posterlazerface is a pretty well-respected posterlazerface is a pretty well-respected poster

i hope it doesn't go past 5 games, but it definitely has a chance to go 6.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:15 PM   #35
azngaucho
Can barely lace up my sneakers

azngaucho has an OK reputation so far

looks like an easy one for bron-bron according to accuscore

Old 04-17-2009, 10:58 PM   #36
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

During the last few weeks of the season, I was hoping that Detroit didn't get that 8th seed. They seemed like the toughest matchup of any of the lower half of the East. But, after watching them the last couple of weeks, I just don't see it. Going from a killer like Billups to these young, inexperienced point guards is a recipe for disaster when going against a great defensive team like the Cavs, who has significant playoff experience, as well. I wouldn't trust any of those guys to handle the ball if I were a Detroit fan.

To be blunt, the Pistons have lost their mojo. I'll be shocked if this goes past five.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:19 PM   #37
KobeRules24
Kobe is the assassin

KobeRules24 has an OK reputation so far

Lebron will be dancing like this by the end of the series...
Old 04-18-2009, 12:55 AM   #38
JayGuevara
Hellbound

JayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

For those that are saying the Pistons aren't the same threat without Chauncey, you all seem to forget that he wasn't exactly killin it the past couple postseasons. Last year Stuckey's emergence was the main reason he was "expendable" this year.

I don't think the Pistons are gonna win, but there is an outside chance that they could upset the Cavs if Rasheed is focused, McDyess is outta his mind (realizing his career is headin towards the end), and Stuckey reminds us all why Dumars was willing to part with Chauncey (contracts excluded)

That's alotta ifs though. In reality, I'm expecting the Cavs in 5.
Old 04-18-2009, 05:10 AM   #39
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGuevara
For those that are saying the Pistons aren't the same threat without Chauncey, you all seem to forget that he wasn't exactly killin it the past couple postseasons. Last year Stuckey's emergence was the main reason he was "expendable" this year.

I don't think the Pistons are gonna win, but there is an outside chance that they could upset the Cavs if Rasheed is focused, McDyess is outta his mind (realizing his career is headin towards the end), and Stuckey reminds us all why Dumars was willing to part with Chauncey (contracts excluded)

That's alotta ifs though. In reality, I'm expecting the Cavs in 5.
I wasn't even referring to Billups' scoring when I said that things aren't the same for the Pistons without him. I was thinking more of his steady hand, which is something you need in the playoffs. Regardless of how he was shooting... One thing you could almost always be sure of was that, when he had the ball in his hands, you were going to have a damn hard time forcing turnovers and disrupting the Pistons' offense.

With Stuckey out there, I feel much more comfortable. Against the Cavs' pressure defense (which is always kicked up about 10 notches in the playoffs), I will be surprised if the kid does not get rattled at some point. I know that he has shown that he can run the offense and he really hasn't turned the ball over much, but in the playoffs against a great defensive team, experience is huge.

Also, you could always expect solid defense from Billups. I just always sort of felt like, even when he was shooting poorly, his ability to stay cool under pressure gave the Pistons an advantage over most teams. Stuckey will have to prove to me that he can do the same in the post-season.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:42 AM   #40
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I can't wait for this game.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:44 AM   #41
lilmarcgasol
Banned

lilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this board

Detroit in 7 lol poor Cleveland Kwame Brown is HUNGRY
Old 04-18-2009, 08:42 AM   #42
Torious
Great young streetballer

Torious has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmarcgasol
Detroit in 7 lol poor Cleveland Kwame Brown is HUNGRY

Hungry for what? Cheez Doodles?
Old 04-18-2009, 09:23 AM   #43
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I hope big Z grows his playoff beard this year

Old 04-18-2009, 09:37 AM   #44
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year

DukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation here

Ball Don't Lie!!!!!!

Playoffs TODAY!!!!!!!
Old 04-18-2009, 10:14 AM   #45
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
I hope big Z grows his playoff beard this year

He needs to keep that beard all the time. That's awesome.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread