Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Orlando Magic Forum

Orlando Magic Forum Orlando Magic forum - Orlando Magic message board

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 08:44 PM   #1
iLoveNBA

Default 2009 NBA Playoffs Round 1: #3 Magic vs #6 76ers

Game 1 - Sun. April 19, Philadelphia at Orlando, 5:30 p.m., TNT
Game 2 - Wed. April 22, Philadelphia at Orlando, 7 p.m., NBA-TV
Game 3 - Fri. April 24, Orlando at Philadelphia, 8 p.m., ESPN2
Game 4 - Sun. April 26, Orlando at Philadelphia, 6:30 p.m., TNT
Game 5 * Tue. April 28, Philadelphia at Orlando, Time TBD
Game 6 * Thu. April 30, Orlando at Philadelphia, Time TBD
Game 7 * Sat. May 2, Philadelphia at Orlando, Time TBD, TNT

Predictions before the Series start please.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:47 PM   #2
NastaMaverick
College superstar

NastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2009 NBA Playoffs Round 1: (#3) Orlando Magic vs (#6) Philadelphia 76ers

Orlando in 5 or 6.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:51 PM   #3
iLoveNBA

Default Re: 2009 NBA Playoffs Round 1: (#3) Orlando Magic vs (#6) Philadelphia 76ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastaMaverick
Orlando in 5 or 6.
Reasonings please...

Well, I would say the 76ers have a good chance at upsetting the Magic. Avery Johnson also said this last night on Sportscenter. I think with the bigs the 76ers have they can contain Howard easily with Dalembert, Evans, Ratiliff, etc.... I also think those 3 pointers the Magic have will be contained as well and I don't think they are comfortable either with Lewis and Hedo just recently being hurt.

I would say the Key matchup falls around the Small forward position, Iggy vs Hedo. Should be a fun matchup.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:08 PM   #4
yeaaaman
Local High School Star

yeaaaman has decent reputationyeaaaman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLoveNBA
Reasonings please...

Well, I would say the 76ers have a good chance at upsetting the Magic. Avery Johnson also said this last night on Sportscenter. I think with the bigs the 76ers have they can contain Howard easily with Dalembert, Evans, Ratiliff, etc.... I also think those 3 pointers the Magic have will be contained as well and I don't think they are comfortable either with Lewis and Hedo just recently being hurt.

I would say the Key matchup falls around the Small forward position, Iggy vs Hedo. Should be a fun matchup.

I say the magic win in 6, possibly even in 5

The sixers like to run, and that's just going to play in to the hands of the magic who could potentially blow some of these games wide open. I expect Dwight to come in focused playing like he did last year against the raptors. Iggy needs to play well for the sixers to have a chance, because he can at times be off with his shot although he usually fills out the rest of the stat sheet.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:14 PM   #5
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i say magic in 6. the sixers have contained dwight pretty well all season. but the 3's have rained down on us all season. things sixers need to focus on is making free throws knocking down the open 3 and gaurding the perimeter.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:17 PM   #6
iLoveNBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeaaaman
I say the magic win in 6, possibly even in 5

The sixers like to run, and that's just going to play in to the hands of the magic who could potentially blow some of these games wide open. I expect Dwight to come in focused playing like he did last year against the raptors. Iggy needs to play well for the sixers to have a chance, because he can at times be off with his shot although he usually fills out the rest of the stat sheet.
Howard also was guard by Chris Bosh and Rasho.
Not taking away his credit, but that just means that he owned a bunch of international scrawny big men. He's playing against men again in this series.

I don't think the 3's will rain down simply because Hedo and Shard have been injured in the last 2-3 games. I don't see the 3's being hit for them.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:43 PM   #7
LaLion13
Can barely lace up my sneakers

LaLion13 has an OK reputation so far

this should be an ez series for us ... we could take them in 5 games ....
Old 04-16-2009, 09:50 PM   #8
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

first sixers playoff series I won't be able to attend unless this makes it to a game 6
Old 04-16-2009, 10:51 PM   #9
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

magic in 5, this is a bad matchup for us.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:42 PM   #10
iLoveNBA

X-Factors for Both teams..

76ers: T. Young - Their team's best shooter, Efficient scorer, Can hurt the Magic easily

Magic: Courtney Lee - Rookie sleeper, pretty good defender, can score and shoot.

Old 04-16-2009, 11:51 PM   #11
ruslan
Decent college freshman

ruslan is considered somewhat coolruslan is considered somewhat coolruslan is considered somewhat cool

Sixers in 7
Old 04-17-2009, 02:15 AM   #12
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If Shard and Hedo are back healthly this series will be Magic or 4 or 5...can't see any other result. Sixers just aren't good enough to compete IMO
Old 04-17-2009, 02:36 AM   #13
JayGuevara
Hellbound

JayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLoveNBA
Howard also was guard by Chris Bosh and Rasho.
Not taking away his credit, but that just means that he owned a bunch of international scrawny big men. He's playing against men again in this series.

Texas is international now? Chris Bosh is clearly much more international than Samuel Dalembert, who is actually a Canadian citizen (the country where Bosh plays) and was born in Haiti.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:19 AM   #14
Sriracha
Clubbing baby seal

Sriracha has decent reputation

Sixers in 4, Dwight will be Dalembert b!tch. They make the basket smaller during the playoff so if you shoot from the outside its harder to make it. Right OP?
Old 04-17-2009, 10:25 AM   #15
mmsupra
MDOTM

mmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Im Going To Game 1
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread