Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-17-2009, 09:30 PM   #16
-primetime-

Default Re: Angels & Demons - Science vs Religion Featurette

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Shark
Well believe it or not, but the Bavarian Illuminati is in fact a real group. You can despute if they still exsist, but in this movie they say that the Illuminati is now the Vatican's enemy.

This is simply not true.

Although, I do remember reading about the Vatican (Roman Catholic Church) persecuting many of those that belong to the Knight's Templar. So maybe they could include this fact in the movie.

I haven't read the book, but it appears to focus on the FIFTH ELEMENT.

1. Fire
2. Water
3. Earth
4. Wind

5. Spirit

If we, humans, gain knowledge of the Spirit... then the human race in my opinion will basically evolve.

That's what many of the 2012 conspiracy crowds believe... Not the end of the world... but rather the human race evolves because they gain knowledge of spirit (the fifth element).

All I know is that I believe in Angels and Demons... and this movie looks pretty f'ing interesting.
my point was that it is a fictional movie based around a book...they can make up whatever they want...it can't really have the "flaws" that you are talking about...they can make the Illuminati into whatever they want to...

that is like saying Jurassic Park has alot of silly flaws...well sure it is unrealistic, but it is a fictional movie based around a book...
Old 04-17-2009, 09:42 PM   #17
D-Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
my point was that it is a fictional movie based around a book...they can make up whatever they want...it can't really have the "flaws" that you are talking about...they can make the Illuminati into whatever they want to...

that is like saying Jurassic Park has alot of silly flaws...well sure it is unrealistic, but it is a fictional movie based around a book...

Oh I agree... but all I was trying to say is that there are facts about this movie that are a mystery.

For example...

The Vault, or hidden archives, in the Vatican church do exsist. In this movie Tom Hanks gets access to them.

So from there... you are correct... the writer (Dan Brown) can make up whatever he wants.

This is why i hated the DiVinci Code... Leonardo made a painting that had a few hidden or sublimonal images in it (The last supper)... So what? He is just an artist... that doesn't expose Christ as having a bloodline.

Last edited by D-Shark : 04-17-2009 at 09:50 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:51 PM   #18
-primetime-

Quote:
Oh I agree... but all I was trying to say is that there are facts about this movie that are a mystery.

For

The Vault, or hidden archives, in the Vatican church do exsist. In this movie Tom Hanks gets access to them.

So from there... you are correct... the writer (Dan Brown) can make up whatever he wants.

This is why i hated the DiVinci Code... Leonardo made a painting that had a few hidden or sublimonal images in it (The last supper)... So what? He is just an artist... that doesn't expose Christ as having a bloodline.
I disliked that movie so much I can't even remember...

wasn't it like hidden symbols that left clues to find "this and that" that revealed that Christ had kids or something?

anyway, from reading a couple posts in here it sounds to me like you need to go purchase the book...I am betting that the movie will not live up to your expectations...
Old 04-17-2009, 09:58 PM   #19
rawimpact
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
The existence of a soul doesn't mean God has to exist. I think God is a man-made creation.

and you would know because?

I think the idea of a prebiotic soup leading to microorganisms has a lot to do with the publics rejection. Science is far fetched but has more support than does religion (and im not talking about faith).
rawimpact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 10:02 PM   #20
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawimpact

I think the idea of a prebiotic soup leading to microorganisms has a lot to do with the publics rejection. Science is far fetched but has more support than does religion (and im not talking about faith).
I think that NDEs provide more evidence for the existance of a "soul" than science can provide for the non-existance of a "soul"...

look what you did here D...

Religion vs. Science right here in this thread...was that your secret agenda?
Old 04-17-2009, 10:05 PM   #21
D-Shark

Quote:

look what you did here D...

Religion vs. Science right here in this thread...was that your secret agenda?

We are suppose to be talking about a movie....
Old 04-17-2009, 10:14 PM   #22
D-Shark

-primetime-

watch this $hit...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2ArbmRdpmk
Old 04-17-2009, 10:16 PM   #23
ruslan
Decent college freshman

damn i was reading this book last tri for english. i will def. watch it when it comes out for dvd or if I can find it somewhere on the net. very interesting
ruslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 10:18 PM   #24
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

DVC as a book was decent, and the film was horrible.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 10:19 PM   #25
-primetime-

Quote:
-primetime-

watch this $hit...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2ArbmRdpmk
due to the state that he is in right now that is really hard to watch...

that was a good flick though...
Old 04-17-2009, 10:22 PM   #26
D-Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruslan
damn i was reading this book last tri for english. i will def. watch it when it comes out for dvd or if I can find it somewhere on the net. very interesting

Yea... I might try to watch in on the net too...

But I've always wanted to go to the theater BY MYSELF.

Something that I've never done. (there was an old thread about this)
Old 04-17-2009, 10:32 PM   #27
D-Shark

Quote:
due to the state that he is in right now that is really hard to watch...

that was a good flick though...

I forgot how good that movie was... I wonder if there is any truth to that movie.

I'm specifically talking about Whoopi's character... Communicating with the dead and all that $hit.

And yea... watching that trailer... it makes you think about Patrick dying. If I was him, I'd be watching that movie several times a week.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:39 PM   #28
-primetime-

Quote:
I forgot how good that movie was... I wonder if there is any truth to that movie.

I'm specifically talking about Whoopi's character... Communicating with the dead and all that $hit.

And yea... watching that trailer... it makes you think about Patrick dying. If I was him, I'd be watching that movie several times a week.
I don't know what a person does in situation like that...

Obvioulsy spending time with family and loved ones would be a top priority...

I am sure he is becoming very spiritual as well...

watching movies of himself is probably something that he doesn't care to do at all...although I could be wrong, maybe he wants to give himself his own little life review...

reading an article about him it sounds like he is hoping he will live it out in time for a cure and work on helping out with that...he also said something about coming to terms with death and saying that is something that every single one of us will have to face...it is unavoidable...you just have to accept the fact that you are going to die...we all are.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:34 PM   #29
vapid
Paranoid Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawimpact

Well I don't want to write a freaking essay here, but there are some cultures without a being that is worshipped like the christian God, and they demonstrate the same human behaviors of compassion and free thought that God-worshipping religious people demonstrate (some time even more). The human mind is incredibly more powerful then the average person believes, and I believe "God" is a creation of millions of these powerful minds.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:42 PM   #30
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
Well I don't want to write a freaking essay here, but there are some cultures without a being that is worshipped like the christian God, and they demonstrate the same human behaviors of compassion and free thought that God-worshipping religious people demonstrate (some time even more). The human mind is incredibly more powerful then the average person believes, and I believe "God" is a creation of millions of these powerful minds.
Yeah it is called the U.S.

I am thinking that even like 90% of the people in this country that claim to be Christian very rarely if ever go to Church or know squat about the Bible...

this country is pretty agnostic for the most part...even if we claim we are not...

I mean...how many people in this country REALLY take their religion that seriously?...I am thinking it is around like 10%-20%...not the majority
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: