Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-17-2009, 10:43 PM   #31
D-Shark

Default Re: Angels & Demons - Science vs Religion Featurette

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
Well I don't want to write a freaking essay here, but there are some cultures without a being that is worshipped like the christian God, and they demonstrate the same human behaviors of compassion and free thought that God-worshipping religious people demonstrate (some time even more). The human mind is incredibly more powerful then the average person believes, and I believe "God" is a creation of millions of these powerful minds.

well, what most Christians don't understand is that Jesus said: "you are my brother". That means you have the same power as him. I've seen examples of this in Africa (of course it was on video so it's not proof)... but I've seen examples of a woman being raised from the dead because the people surrounding her were so strong in their faith.

America does a piss poor job at reperesenting Christianity if you ask me... IF you want to see some real faith in Christ, it's in Africa.

That's my opinion.

I repeat...

that's my opinion.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:45 PM   #32
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Shark
well, what most Christians don't understand is that Jesus said: "you are my brother". That means you have the same power as him. I've seen examples of this in Africa (of course it was on video so it's not proof)... but I've seen examples of a woman being raised from the dead because the people surrounding her were so strong in their faith.

America does a piss poor job at reperesenting Christianity if you ask me... IF you want to see some real faith in Christ, it's in Africa.

That's my opinion.

I repeat...

that's my opinion.
wow I just got done typing that exact same thing...

the vast majority of Christians in this country don't really care that much about it, go to church, study the Bible, ect...it is just something they label themselves and think very little of...

not ALL of them...but most of them...
Old 04-17-2009, 10:48 PM   #33
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Its easier to believe in a religion then to require a proper education anyways.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 10:51 PM   #34
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
Its easier to believe in a religion then to require a proper education anyways.
what do mean?

what does religion have to do with education?
Old 04-18-2009, 01:27 AM   #35
D-Shark

Spurs play the Mavs (playoffs) tomorrow

that's my religion.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: