Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-18-2009, 06:19 PM   #31
Smokee
Banned

Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Janeane Garofalo = Ignorant Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
Ya right, democrats arent racist. I think yall need to watch that video about West Virginian Democrats.

And btw, any liberals here participate in any related protests while Bush was in office or even bother to organize something like these tea parties?

I cant remember any similar protests like these that went on.

I don't even know how the left can be racist when their policy supports more minority agendas than white by far. I mean could/would a racist really vote/support Obama? I don't think so. On the other hand gun rights advocates and small town America supporters? Cmon, you have to at least admit one party is far more likely to have racists than the other, a lot more.

Yeah i remember a lot of protests against the Bush Administration against things like torture, invasion, etc. Turns out the protesters were completely right Hope you've followed the news lately, and no wonder the Bush Administration tried to keep that all secret under the false guise of national security risk, while pretending to preach to other nations about human rights lol @ water boarding not being considered torture They were just so shady in so many ways, its kind of a shame they aren't being prosecuted, but i understand and agree why Obama isn't pursuing it.

Last edited by Smokee : 04-18-2009 at 06:24 PM.
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 06:34 PM   #32
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Ya right, democrats arent racist. I think yall need to watch that video about West Virginian Democrats.

And btw, any liberals here participate in any related protests while Bush was in office or even bother to organize something like these tea parties?

I cant remember any similar protests like these that had a lot of media attention.
there were scads of protests. even in CS. Both against the war and more generally against bush. but you are right about one thing. they certainly didnt get the media attention of these tea parties. Hell, most protestors werent allowed within miles of the route of the president during bush and you can bet that the major media conglomerates didnt seek them out. and you wonder why the term liberal media is about as inaccurate as you can get.

Now, when the smokers decided to send teabags to the Whitehouse after the increase in tobacco tax, I could appreciate it. But this overblown strategy by the extreme branch of the repubs to use this as a symbol against the stimulus is silly and a reach.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 06:34 PM   #33
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokee
I don't even know how the left can be racist when their policy supports more minority agendas than white by far. I mean could/would a racist really vote/support Obama? I don't think so. On the other hand gun rights advocates and small town America supporters? Cmon, you have to at least admit one party is far more likely to have racists than the other, a lot more.

Yeah i remember a lot of protests against the Bush Administration against things like torture, invasion, etc. Turns out the protesters were completely right Hope you've followed the news lately, and no wonder the Bush Administration tried to keep that all secret under the false guise of national security risk, while pretending to preach to other nations about human rights lol @ water boarding not being considered torture They were just so shady in so many ways, its kind of a shame they aren't being prosecuted, but i understand and agree why Obama isn't pursuing it.

I understand and agree why he isnt. Because he's just like Bush and doesnt own a pair of balls. He wont pull out of Iraq. He is getting involved in Pakistan and wants to try and instill democracy by spending 1.5 billion once a year for 5 years. That's exactly what Bush tried to do with Iraq and guess what, it aint happening.

Racists not voting for Obama b/c he isnt black is the same as black people voting for Obama b/c he is black. Just further proof that the two parties are the same.

Those protests never really got as much media attention as these. Even if it may be a little dumb, at least they organized it and got as much attention as they have.

And just b/c one party has more minority policy doesnt mean that policy is necessary right.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 06:36 PM   #34
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Another thing, just because someone is getting their taxes decreased doesnt mean they cant protest against higher taxes against the rich.

That would be protesting against a principle and I really dont see the problem with it.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:38 PM   #35
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
White people not voting for Obama b/c he is black is the same as black people voting for Obama b/c he is black. Just further proof that the two parties are the same.
this is terrible logic hawker. one is a positive association (I like him because he is _____) and one is a negative association (I dont like him because he is ________). no wonder your gpa is in the tank.

Lets look at two iterations of your statement.

White people lynching Obama b/c he is black is the same as black people not lynching Obama b/c he is black.

Protestants not voting for Obama b/c he is catholic is the same as catholics voting for Obama b/c he is catholic.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:40 PM   #36
Hawker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
this is terrible logic hawker. one is a positive association (I like him because he is _____) and one is a negative association (I dont like him because he is ________). no wonder your gpa is in the tank.

Lets look at two iterations of your statement.

White people lynching Obama b/c he is black is the same as black people not lynching Obama b/c he is black.

Protestants not voting for Obama b/c he is catholic is the same as catholics voting for Obama b/c he is catholic.

It's not terrible logic. They are both voting based on skin color and not on policies, platform etc. That does nothing positive. And may GPA isnt in the tank. You dropped out geophysics and you're now in anthropology. lol You couldnt even handle science probably b/c you werent making the grades. So dont be talking about my GPA.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:47 PM   #37
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
It's not terrible logic. They are both voting based on skin color and not on policies, platform etc. That does nothing positive. And may GPA isnt in the tank. You dropped out geophysics and you're now in anthropology. lol You couldnt even handle science probably b/c you werent making the grades. So dont be talking about my GPA.
See, the difference is you are making huge ASSumptions. I know your gpa cause you posted about it. you know nothing about my academic background, but if you care, I graduated with honors from a top university in this country. with lots of science credits.

actually, never dropped out of anything. I had excellent grades throughout science and still use chemistry, ecology, microscopy, atomic physics in my research.

Positive association doesnt mean good in logic. it means you are doing something rather than you are not doing something.
here is an example of its use in circuitry. http://www.tpub.com/content/neets/14...s/14185_85.htm
Old 04-18-2009, 06:49 PM   #38
Hawker
Banned

Quote:
actually, never dropped out of anything. I had excellent grades throughout science and still use chemistry, ecology, microscopy, atomic physics in my research.

Positive association doesnt mean good in logic. it means you are doing something rather than you are not doing something.
here is an example of its use in circuitry. http://www.tpub.com/content/neets/14...s/14185_85.htm

And that was the point of my very ignorant statement as yours was just as ignorant.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:50 PM   #39
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
And that was the point of my very ignorant statement as yours was just as ignorant.
but again, I know your gpa is below a 3, which i consider in the tank for a bright young man.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:51 PM   #40
Smokee
Banned

Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
I understand and agree why he isnt. Because he's just like Bush and doesnt own a pair of balls. He wont pull out of Iraq. He is getting involved in Pakistan and wants to try and instill democracy by spending 1.5 billion once a year for 5 years. That's exactly what Bush tried to do with Iraq and guess what, it aint happening.

Racists not voting for Obama b/c he isnt black is the same as black people voting for Obama b/c he is black. Just further proof that the two parties are the same.

Those protests never really got as much media attention as these. Even if it may be a little dumb, at least they organized it and got as much attention as they have.

And just b/c one party has more minority policy doesnt mean that policy is necessary right.

Think of it logically. You can't set a precedent where one President can go back on the other, change law/perspective from that time and prosecute based on breaking that law. I mean it sets a terrible precedent, its not about balls

I'm pretty sure i read they want to pullout by 2011 or somethign along those lines. Don't forget Obama inherited Iraq/Afghanistan, he didn't bring us into them, in fact he was one of the few senators to be against it. I never expected an immediate pullout, and i understand things like that should be gradual to what makes the most sense based on the situation. No they aren't the same btw, since the Bush Administration stalled and stalled, never really wanting to pullout and never gave a definitive pullout date. Besides who really trusted them on any level? They lied to us about torture, they lied to us about emails, they lied about so many things and covered up under the false pretenses of sensitive national security information. They were a Nixon era Administration, while Obama's has been the complete opposite. Are you really denying this?

I don't really think hating someone based on skin color is the same as liking someone because he's your same race. They are similar in a way, but i'd hope you can tell the difference.

Honestly don't you ever read some of this stuff with an open mind, and reach a conclusion that your party is guilty of a lot of its criticisms? Is your agenda here to just defend them at all costs, and counter the 'liberals' period, and being completely close-minded to reason? I swear with a lot of you here, well all 5~ of you, its like you're all more into attacking 'liberals', and being close minded completely to reason. Its why i'll never understand a lot of you if you follow mainstream news
Old 04-18-2009, 06:57 PM   #41
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokee
Don't forget Obama inherited Iraq/Afghanistan, he didn't bring us into them, in fact he was one of the few senators to be against it.
first, he was not a US senator and had no voice in the national debate.

second, why do people conflate the legitimate invasion of afghanistan and the overthrow of the taliban with the invasion of iraq on false charges of WMD? One was a very real front in the war on terror (and possibly could have mortally wounded al qaeda had we bothered to send our own troops into the Tora Bora mtns- not to mention the "war on terror" funds hoarded by the bush admin for months until we invaded iraq) and the other has only become a battleground in the war in terror after we destabilized one of the most secular nations in the middle east (sure saddam was a bad guy, but so are many of our allies when its convenient).
Old 04-18-2009, 07:00 PM   #42
Hawker
Banned

Quote:
but again, I know your gpa is below a 3, which i consider in the tank for a bright young man.

Maybe for everything but engineering. As far as I'm concerned, it's not in the tank. Engineering is probably the most difficult curriculum there is and this is very well-known among undergraduate students. Call me pompous but I've seen stuff that other majors have to do and it doesnt compare.

Last edited by Hawker : 04-18-2009 at 07:03 PM.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:07 PM   #43
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Maybe for everything but engineering. As far as I'm concerned, it's not in the tank. Engineering is probably the most difficult curriculum there is and this is very well-known among undergraduate students. Call me pompous but I've seen stuff that other majors have to do and it doesnt compare.
I agree. I have been less than impressed with the rigor of the undergraduate education at TAMU, especially the marketing, business, etc. I recognize that most engineering degrees take a great deal of specialized and detailed coursework (my dumb sibling is an engineer). I still think below a 3 is below your potential.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:14 PM   #44
Smokee
Banned

Quote:
first, he was not a US senator and had no voice in the national debate.

second, why do people conflate the legitimate invasion of afghanistan and the overthrow of the taliban with the invasion of iraq on false charges of WMD? One was a very real front in the war on terror (and possibly could have mortally wounded al qaeda had we bothered to send our own troops into the Tora Bora mtns- not to mention the "war on terror" funds hoarded by the bush admin for months until we invaded iraq) and the other has only become a battleground in the war in terror after we destabilized one of the most secular nations in the middle east (sure saddam was a bad guy, but so are many of our allies when its convenient).

My bad he wasn't a senator at the time, but he did voice he was against the invasion of Iraq and wanted to pursue diplomacy. It doesn't matter if he had no voice during that time in the national debate, more than he was correct in hindsight and him currently being our Prez. Even then the Democrats favored diplomacy, and only gave Bush the power to go to war as a last resort. Which he didn't really use as a last resort, more than a opportune moment to kill Sadaam and his sons based on info.

You're right. Afghanistan was a completely different situation, but its still a war we're fighting based on being the world police, and backlash from 9/11. We acted hastily based on 9/11 anger. I think the biggest mistake was attacking Iraq while still being engaged in Afghanistan, and thats generally why they are brought up together in terms of our screwups. The Bush Administration also tried to link Sadaam to Al Qaeda through that egyptian terrorist being in baghdad or some crap if i remember right. I'm not even sure we should've gone into Afghanistan more than sending strike teams to take out Bin Ladin, and hitting the Taliban from far away for refusing to give him up.

I also agree Sadaam at least kept the middle east worried about each other where they were less of a threat to us. If the justification is about taking out a ruthless dictator...after WMD justifications were proven to be false.

Last edited by Smokee : 04-18-2009 at 07:24 PM.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:15 PM   #45
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

All I know is this guy I worked with at a grocery store got 60's throughout his four years as an engineering major. Graduated 1 1/2 years ago I guess. Went through a couple jobs, but with that experience he was hired a few months ago at 80 grand to start. Not bad.

So **** good grades. lol
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: