Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 04-18-2009, 05:24 PM   #1
la bomba
Local High School Star

la bomba has an OK reputation so far
Default Final Four

You have to have a thread for the best event in Basketball,so let's start the debate and the guessing.
CSKA v Barca. CSKA are not the same team without papaloukas and anderson, however Lorbek has been a great addition and Messina is too good to let his team slip.Barca will have to have a day where Basile,Lakovic and Navarro are on fire behind the arc and a strong vazquez and ilyasova effort on boards.I guess Barton,Sada,Grimau and Basile will take turns on siskauskas,holden and langdon.Barca success so often its defence.
Olympiakos Pannathinaikos?? All I can say is that I am so sad that for the first time in 4 years i wont make the event live and I will miss my first olympiakos v panna game! I think this will be a close game with a lot of tension,Childress will have never seen anything like this in the NBA and will struggle to cope with his shock.I think Panathinaikos have the experience overall, but Olympiakos have halperin,vujcic and papaloukas all with tons of experience in recent final fours!olympiakos will try and slow the game down as all of yiannakis teams do.low score i predict with a narrow win by panna.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 07:19 PM   #2
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

b.jerk has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Final Four

Olympiacos is the most talented team but I like Barcelona as champions. Vujcic is too soft in the paint, and Childress on the court is more of a detriment than a asset. CSKA looks more like an old pseudo-dynasty, for me real dynasty must at least three-peat, and panathanikos roster is either too old or too inexperienced. As for Barcelona they seem just right as champions.
b.jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:42 AM   #3
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Lakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputation

I predicted the final four right, so maybe I can keep that going. I think CSKA against PAO in the finals. The last game I really am not sure, I think it's about a 50/50. But any of these 4 teams can definitely win it. Maybe the closest final four ever in terms of the difference between all the 4 teams.
Lakas Fan Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:33 AM   #4
la bomba
Local High School Star

1 week to go. have they announced where it will be next year??hope it is not London!
Old 04-26-2009, 04:43 PM   #5
Taras Bulba
I airball my layups

Taras Bulba has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.jerk
Olympiacos is the most talented team but I like Barcelona as champions. Vujcic is too soft in the paint, and Childress on the court is more of a detriment than a asset. CSKA looks more like an old pseudo-dynasty, for me real dynasty must at least three-peat, and panathanikos roster is either too old or too inexperienced. As for Barcelona they seem just right as champions.
According to you there are no dynasty trams in Europe? Because I really doubt if any European has ever done this since the Final Four system I'd say a three-peat in Euroleague is next to impossible nowadays. CSKA has been competing in the last 7 Final Fours. If this is not a dynasty I don't know what is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
1 week to go. have they announced where it will be next year??hope it is not London!
Yes, London. As for Pana-Oly derby, you are welcome to watch one in Athens when you want.
Taras Bulba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:15 PM   #6
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taras Bulba
According to you there are no dynasty trams in Europe? Because I really doubt if any European has ever done this since the Final Four system I'd say a three-peat in Euroleague is next to impossible nowadays. CSKA has been competing in the last 7 Final Fours. If this is not a dynasty I don't know what is.

Yes, London. As for Pana-Oly derby, you are welcome to watch one in Athens when you want.
london confirmed? all i heard was that there was an agreement with aeg and they would have final four in berlin o2 2009 and o2 in london 2010 or 2011.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:55 AM   #7
evank
Can barely lace up my sneakers

evank has an OK reputation so far

Hi all,

Anyone interested in a ticket for the Final Four in Berlin?If so just send an email at paradoxo2001@yahoo.com.

Cheers guys.
evank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:37 PM   #8
la bomba
Local High School Star

siskauskas was inmense today.Pascual proved that he has no experience,he had no reply to cskas run other than desperate 3s.Navarro getting in foul trouble early was crucial ,that and the fact that very few players helped a wonderful andersen today.Ilyasova has been really good this year but for some reason Pascual only played him in a very intermittent 12 minutes.CSKA proved that they are the champs as soon as they went 1 point up they never looked like losing the lead.Barca had no answer.Off to watch the battle of the greeks.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:05 PM   #9
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Lakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
siskauskas was inmense today.Pascual proved that he has no experience,he had no reply to cskas run other than desperate 3s.Navarro getting in foul trouble early was crucial ,that and the fact that very few players helped a wonderful andersen today.Ilyasova has been really good this year but for some reason Pascual only played him in a very intermittent 12 minutes.CSKA proved that they are the champs as soon as they went 1 point up they never looked like losing the lead.Barca had no answer.Off to watch the battle of the greeks.

CSKA won because of superior coaching. The semifinal game is the coaching game because they have so much time to prepare. bad luck for Barca. PAO won because they are better, CSKA won because their coach is better.

The final should be incredible.
Lakas Fan Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 01:35 AM   #10
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
CSKA won because of superior coaching. The semifinal game is the coaching game because they have so much time to prepare. bad luck for Barca. PAO won because they are better, CSKA won because their coach is better.

The final should be incredible.
I agree with you. The coaching liabilities of Pascual were evident.Siskauskas was on fire so Messina leaves him in and plays for him,Andersen is on fire and pascual takes him off to rest him!! There is no rest at this stage.Plus you don't allow a guy to score 13 points in a row,you put a guy on him.
Two Lithuanians the stars of the semis I think,Siskauskas and Jasikevicius.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:03 PM   #11
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

b.jerk has an OK reputation so far

Panathanaikos are champions once again. The games were so close it could be time to make a best of series rather than one game.
b.jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 04:15 AM   #12
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.jerk
Panathanaikos are champions once again. The games were so close it could be time to make a best of series rather than one game.
That's a good point but I think a final four is a better option.It makes the whole event more interesting.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: