Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-19-2009, 05:20 AM   #16
shawbryant
To be better

shawbryant is a pretty well-respected postershawbryant is a pretty well-respected postershawbryant is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Chinese People Need to be Controlled

Yes, great! I like the rockets especially root for Yao Ming, but my favourite is LA. Congrats they won the 1st game on road and I believe they can finish the fight in 6 games.
shawbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:24 AM   #17
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawbryant
Yes, great! I like the rockets especially root for Yao Ming, but my favourite is LA. Congrats they won the 1st game on road and I believe they can finish the fight in 6 games.
We kinda hijacked Jizzo's thread, but yea thanks. I like LA too since I grew up around and still live around there.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:34 AM   #18
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by wTFaMonkey

read about some of the tripe that comes out of Jackie's mouth (especially his views on Taiwan vs China), your eyes will roll less.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:45 AM   #19
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I like Jackie Chan, he's spoken English for so long and still doesn't know what the hell he's saying half the time.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:58 AM   #20
Killbot
KillImpaleLiquefyLynch

Killbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I guess Jackie Chan's right to some extent. China needs to control the amount of students studying abroad. The rate of studying abroad to staying at China is insane. This can damage China's future in things like medicine.

There should not be extreme measures in restricting freedom of people. That will make things worse.

Last edited by Killbot : 04-19-2009 at 06:02 AM.
Killbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:10 AM   #21
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Obviously society needs rules to function, but Jackie's comments are just going to give the government more propaganda firepower.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:11 AM   #22
Killbot
KillImpaleLiquefyLynch

Killbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
Obviously society needs rules to function, but Jackie's comments are just going to give the government more propaganda firepower.

I haven't really read up on China, but I'm assuming they have pretty strict rules? If that's the case, then I'll probably lean more on the side of disagreeing with Jackie Chan's comments.

EDIT: By having "not really read up," I meant I haven't experienced going to China to experience it for myself.

Last edited by Killbot : 04-19-2009 at 06:14 AM.
Killbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:23 AM   #23
vapid
Paranoid Android

Yea... you could say China has strict rules.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:21 AM   #24
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

China is like Shawshank...
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:12 AM   #25
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Yea... you could say China has strict rules.

Understatement of the year

Although I have to say I'm not at all surprised that many Chinese people choose to stay in the US or Europe after uni. because frankly, as of right now, China's standard of living compared to those countries is still abysmal unless you are in the top 5% $-wise in the country.

But I always find people saying, 'Ah, Chinese kids are better at maths than Western kids' or 'Chiense students just work harder' but I've been to both (high schools) and frankly, the amount of Smart/Average/Lazy students in a school year is pretty much the same in either country.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:46 PM   #26
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Well yea. He didn't get a proper education, got sold to be a theatre performer as a kid.

Link?
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:28 PM   #27
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawbryant
Actually in China, the majority of the kids are doing what their parents planned for them. When you are 5or even 4years old, you have to learn English even you can't recognize or write one Chinese character. when you grow up then you have to learn painting or playing instruments during weekends. IMO, some kids in China lack of freedom b/c the parents put so much hope and burden on their shoulders. That's why Chinese young kids alway win many academic competition over the rest of the world but yet there's no university being able to be ranked in top 100 in the world.

and that's why they commit suicide when they get B's in school.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:49 PM   #28
vapid
Paranoid Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
and that's why they commit suicide when they get B's in school.
And that's why we are seeing a power-shift to the eastern world.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: