Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-19-2009, 02:24 AM   #1
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default One of the most underrated hip hop albums ever

Production: 9.5
Lyrics: 9.5

Why not 10?

Because it didn't have any significant impact.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:29 AM   #2
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation
Default Re: One of the most underrated hip hop albums ever

LOL at "My man Biggie"
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:28 AM   #3
ikoiko
Local High School Star

ikoiko has decent reputationikoiko has decent reputation

i usually have amjor problems with common's self-righteousness, but this album contains many a dope track.
ikoiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:31 AM   #4
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

my favorites of his are the two right before this (resurrection and one day) but this one was awfully good. However, this was the album with "the light" which was a great track but opened the door to com-sense doing way too many love songs ever since. I used to love HER now means HIS EARLY RECORDS.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:31 AM   #5
playtetris
soundcloud->solarcism

playtetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

easily my favourite common album. however, i will say that the production is >>> the lyrics.: you can't say the beats didn't overshadow com's writing on most of the tracks.
playtetris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:17 AM   #6
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wait its not a 10 because it didnt have any significant impact yet you rated production and lyrics 9.5? That makes little to no sense.

Let me see here.

10, 9.9, 9.8, 9.7, 9.5 So the gap between 10 and 9.5 isnt significant.

Very good Com album, hardly the most underrated album ever.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:21 AM   #7
lolwut
I tip for good cervix.

lolwut has decent reputationlolwut has decent reputation

I've always considered it a classic along with Resurrection.
lolwut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:39 AM   #8
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

i think that common album had some critical succes, whereas one day... was much more under the radar.

i think soul food by goodie moib and a swat ritual healing by witchdoctor present two hugely underrated hiphop albums.

and john forte's'i, john. not really a hiphop album perse, but great and very very underrated
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:45 AM   #9
lolwut
I tip for good cervix.

lolwut has decent reputationlolwut has decent reputation

Pete Rock and CL Smooth - Mecca and the Soul Brother, Black Moon - Total Eclipse a few more vastly underrated albums.
lolwut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:26 AM   #10
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The 6th Sense and The Light are two of my favorite Common tracks ever. Fringe classic in my books.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:16 PM   #11
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Like Water for Chocolate is overrated if anything. Common is one of the least charismatic rappers to ever touch the mic. His flow is mediocre, and he is heavy handed with his lyrics.

Loot is right about Goodie Mob, John Forte, and Witchdoctor. Cool Breeze's East Point's Greatest Hits, like Soul Food and A S.W.A.T Healing Ritual, is a Dungeon Family joint, is an undervalued gem that few people have heard.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:31 PM   #12
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
Like Water for Chocolate is overrated if anything. Common is one of the least charismatic rappers to ever touch the mic. His flow is mediocre, and he is heavy handed with his lyrics.

Loot is right about Goodie Mob, John Forte, and Witchdoctor. Cool Breeze's East Point's Greatest Hits, like Soul Food and A S.W.A.T Healing Ritual, is a Dungeon Family joint, is an undervalued gem that few people have heard.

LOLLLL
Old 04-20-2009, 01:53 PM   #13
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I have to agree with starface on this one. If Common rapped about *****es and hoes people would recognize him for the mediocre rapper he is. He is shielded from criticism because of the image he has as a "conscious" rapper. His flow and wordplay are at best average, and he has been coasting off of "I Used to Love HER" and his beef with Ice Cube.

Quote:
I own the real album. He is at best an okay rapper, and is cited by supposed intellectuals when they want to come off as deep. His lyrics are platitudes and his flow is blah. He is a very mediocre rapper. If he were an NBA team he would be The 76ers.

Quote:
He is not a terrible rapper, he is just not anything special. The 76ers did make the playoffs. Common is the Mike Bibby of hip hop. A solid player capable of a couple of good performances, but he is not and has not ever been an All Star.

My thoughts over the eons on Common.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:04 PM   #14
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
My thoughts over the eons on Common.

LOLL
Old 04-20-2009, 02:05 PM   #15
lefthook00
College star

lefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected poster

Common is a killer but his music gets trite and boring. Good album regardless though.
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: