Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-19-2009, 03:59 AM   #1
Hawker
Banned

Default What would have to happen to you to really not want to live life anymore?

I don't think it would be something so tragic in my life but I think losing your privates would seriously kill any man's will to live.

That would probably be the only thing for me.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:03 AM   #2
iamgine

Default Re: What would have to happen to you to really not want to live life anymore?

finding out there is no God.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:04 AM   #3
Hawker
Banned

Default Re: What would have to happen to you to really not want to live life anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
finding out there is no God.

That would make me want to live life even more b/c I would know this one would be my last.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:05 AM   #4
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Losing my rep squares.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:05 AM   #5
B-Low
The Love B-Low

If i ever went blind I've always said I wouldn't want to live anymore. Not saying blind people's lives are worthless, but personally speaking I just don't think i could do it
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:06 AM   #6
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
I don't think it would be something so tragic in my life but I think losing your privates would seriously kill any man's will to live.

That would probably be the only thing for me.
I agree, a dog is not a man's best friends at all, not by a long shot ...
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:06 AM   #7
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
If i ever went blind I've always said I wouldn't want to live anymore. Not saying blind people's lives are worthless, but personally speaking I just don't think i could do it
Just learn to play piano and you'll be fine.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:11 AM   #8
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

deep thread seeing as iam a guy losing my pee pee would be devastating

hmmmmm imagine your married with 2 young kids life is great all of sudden they are gone lets say you were at work when somebody broke into your house and killed them

honestly i dont think i can handle that if it was my family
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:14 AM   #9
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

This is a rather relevant thread for me. An old school buddy of mine, knew him since I was probably 9 or so, passed today after willfully stepping in front of a car. Kid was literally the happiest person I knew, hang out with him you're going to have a good time, never anything but a smile on his face, that type of guy. Myself and some other friends of his passed a few bottles tonight trying to figure it out to no avail. None of us could understand how things would come to that point, and most likely, and hopefully, never will understand it.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:16 AM   #10
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
This is a rather relevant thread for me. An old school buddy of mine, knew him since I was probably 9 or so, passed today after willfully stepping in front of a car. Kid was literally the happiest person I knew, hang out with him you're going to have a good time, never anything but a smile on his face, that type of guy. Myself and some other friends of his passed a few bottles tonight trying to figure it out to no avail. None of us could understand how things would come to that point, and most likely, and hopefully, never will understand it.

he was probably a very sad guy by himself something behind closed doors was probably very troubling to him

sorry to hear this
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:20 AM   #11
PistolPete
The Pistol

Becoming paralyzed is the ticket to not wanting to live anymore. I've seen some paralyzed people just have that "kill me now" look on their face too many times.
PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:24 AM   #12
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
he was probably a very sad guy by himself something behind closed doors was probably very troubling to him

sorry to hear this

I'm sure, I mean even the outwardly happiest of us battle our internal demons. Just I never expected him, the guy was like bottled sunshine man, I know we're prone to hyperbole in times like this, but with no exaggeration he always seemed to be the happiest, most good-natured, don't sweat the small stuff kinda guy I knew. It's honestly thrown me for somewhat of a loop, they always say people bottle it up until the dam bursts, but I'd always just assumed there was a fair bit of exaggeration in that. Now I don't know what to think, honestly man, this guy was the mightiest of the mighty, just a wonderful person. If he can crack any of us can.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:25 AM   #13
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

if there was some sort of apocalypse on earth and i was left alone and quadriplegic just waiting to starve to death or be eaten, PICKED APART rather, by angry, hungry, radioactive birds. then i'd be like "f*ck it".
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:27 AM   #14
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Sorry for your loss. It's got to be tough to lose a friend.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:32 AM   #15
ikoiko
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
if there was some sort of apocalypse on earth and i was left alone and quadriplegic just waiting to starve to death or be eaten, PICKED APART rather, by angry, hungry, radioactive birds. then i'd be like "f*ck it".

goddamn, imagine that. like christopher reeve starring in i am legend.
ikoiko is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: