Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 04-26-2009, 08:15 AM   #16
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

blazerjimmy has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Hard Loss to Swallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
But coaches in the nba dont realise that these rookies are not proper rookies,look at scola,marc gasol,pau gasol,sabonis etc all these players know what it is to play in similar conditions,it's crazy coaches in the nba dont see that,luckily for the rockets Scola is now a pillar in their system.Adelman knows exactly what he can get from him.

I completely get your point and I love Rudy's game - I am a huge proponent of searching for / finding talent from overseas, but look at Tony Parker when he arrived in San Antonio.......I don't think anyone outside of Popovich thought he'd EVER be as good as he has become - but even then Popovich didn't just hand him the reins to the team in his first season.

Portland has a LOT of young talent and while that IS a bonus, it must also make Coach McMillan's job very difficult, in balancing out minutes and determining who plays when.

I'm not happy with the loss, but we're in the playoffs -- we're being competitive -- and we don't have to worry about any of these guys pulling any thuggery.

GO BLAZERS!!!
blazerjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:10 PM   #17
mamba24
read this you homer

mamba24 has decent reputationmamba24 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerjimmy
I completely get your point and I love Rudy's game - I am a huge proponent of searching for / finding talent from overseas, but look at Tony Parker when he arrived in San Antonio.......I don't think anyone outside of Popovich thought he'd EVER be as good as he has become - but even then Popovich didn't just hand him the reins to the team in his first season.

Portland has a LOT of young talent and while that IS a bonus, it must also make Coach McMillan's job very difficult, in balancing out minutes and determining who plays when.

I'm not happy with the loss, but we're in the playoffs -- we're being competitive -- and we don't have to worry about any of these guys pulling any thuggery.

GO BLAZERS!!!

As a laker fan i am rooting against you guys....last thing i want is to see my lakers take on a team it cant beat on their homecourt....well its not the end of the series...but i hope the rockets can close this out in 6....we have swept them so its a better matchup
mamba24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:06 PM   #18
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamba24
As a laker fan i am rooting against you guys....last thing i want is to see my lakers take on a team it cant beat on their homecourt....well its not the end of the series...but i hope the rockets can close this out in 6....we have swept them so its a better matchup

Thats for the compliment despite being without support
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:42 AM   #19
Orzowei
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Orzowei has an OK reputation so far

You have a young and talented team. Please, sign a good coach for the next season.
With your team how can you play only for Roy? He is the best player of the team but you cant win in playoffs only with one player in the offense.
Sorry but after the 2nd game was clear that Houston will pass the round. Above all becouse MacMillan is not able to change his plans "on-line".
Orzowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:27 AM   #20
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orzowei
You have a young and talented team. Please, sign a good coach for the next season.
With your team how can you play only for Roy? He is the best player of the team but you cant win in playoffs only with one player in the offense.
Sorry but after the 2nd game was clear that Houston will pass the round. Above all becouse MacMillan is not able to change his plans "on-line".

A "good coach"!?!?!??! REALLY!??!?!??!? Thanks for the compliments about our players, but we HAVE a good coach!!!!
Old 04-30-2009, 05:48 AM   #21
Orzowei

Quote:
A "good coach"!?!?!??! REALLY!??!?!??!? Thanks for the compliments about our players, but we HAVE a good coach!!!!
Yes, you have a good team and a good coach, and probably you will be out of playoffs in the first round. dont you think that something could be wrong?

You have to admit: you dont have a good coach and Portland has not good weather. Thats the way it is. ;)
Old 04-30-2009, 12:57 PM   #22
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Yes, you have a good team and a good coach, and probably you will be out of playoffs in the first round. dont you think that something could be wrong?

You have to admit: you dont have a good coach and Portland has not good weather. Thats the way it is. ;)

This team has drastically improved each year Nate has been the coach. Will he get us a championship? I don't know. But I say we stick with him AT LEAST until we see that the team is no longer improving.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:33 AM   #23
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
This team has drastically improved each year Nate has been the coach. Will he get us a championship? I don't know. But I say we stick with him AT LEAST until we see that the team is no longer improving.

Ditto. This team is beginning to take shape and I'm really looking forward to what we do in the off season and how much we improve on this good season.

GO BLAZERS!!!
Old 05-02-2009, 08:37 AM   #24
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

Quote:

I will have to agree to disagree - I like our coach - I like our core of young talented players.........and I don't have a freaking clue what the weather has to do with anything.....HOWEVER, I happen to like the weather in the Pacific Northwest.......is it Miami? Malibu? San Diego? Uhhh, no it isn't but guess what those three places have in common??? I don't WANT to live there - I like it where I am......that's why I live here!!!
Old 05-04-2009, 03:17 AM   #25
Orzowei

Quote:
I will have to agree to disagree - I like our coach - I like our core of young talented players.........and I don't have a freaking clue what the weather has to do with anything.....HOWEVER, I happen to like the weather in the Pacific Northwest.......is it Miami? Malibu? San Diego? Uhhh, no it isn't but guess what those three places have in common??? I don't WANT to live there - I like it where I am......that's why I live here!!!

Opppss, sorry, i didnt know that you cant understand a joke with the weather.

Lets talk about basketball then. There are some people who have my opinion:

http://www.dwightjaynes.com/the-trai...y-season-ender

Portland in playoffs is very easy to scouting. I think that Portland had to beat Houston clearly.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: