Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-19-2009, 07:39 PM   #16
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: facebook is overrated; face-to-face connections matter more

Clearly this looney, senile old man needs to be sent into a senior citizen home, or sent to polish younger, more hip folks' shoez.

How could you listen to this fool?
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:41 PM   #17
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-_-b
Forget facebook, what about Ipods and mp3 players, because of them we miss so much daily interaction.

I would have died if I didn't have my ipod or music for the bus/subway rides home ever since 2004.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:47 PM   #18
d-_-b
Look Of Dissaproval

d-_-b has decent reputationd-_-b has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersmashbros
well now many ppl i know can access the splenders of FACEBOOK on the go from the iphones or Blackberries! So Facebook is now a portable phenomenon!
Yah, I take the bus daily and notice too often that most passengers will go into their high tech bubbles and sometimes not even notice whats going on around them. So irritating when you are standing there waiting for a person to move so you can get past them but their head is so far up their digital devices anus that they don't notice till you actually make contact. It's like anybody with a mp3 has a invisible barrier around them and you actually pretty much have to do somthign to catch their attention if you want to say something.
d-_-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:48 PM   #19
d-_-b
Look Of Dissaproval

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba
I would have died if I didn't have my ipod or music for the bus/subway rides home ever since 2004.
Yah but since 2004 how many people have you gotten to know by chance on the street or on the bus, any conversations. I'm not saying you are devoid of them but you know it does make a difference.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:50 PM   #20
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I wish they would clean up Facebook's layout. The new one is pretty bad. I like the ideas of it, but it's way to cluttered.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:57 PM   #21
d-_-b
Look Of Dissaproval

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
I wish they would clean up Facebook's layout. The new one is pretty bad. I like the ideas of it, but it's way to cluttered.
that and stop alerting the world when you change your pick, or leave a comment or take a **** or whatever. Gets annoying.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:59 PM   #22
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
that and stop alerting the world when you change your pick, or leave a comment or take a **** or whatever. Gets annoying.

That too. Or make the alert subtle like in the notifications area and not right on your home page.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:05 PM   #23
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Yah but since 2004 how many people have you gotten to know by chance on the street or on the bus, any conversations. I'm not saying you are devoid of them but you know it does make a difference.

uhh... why the hell would I want to get to know more people on the way to school or on the way home? Who am I, Mr. Rogers? Makes no sense. I need my music to separate myself from the idiocy surrounding me on the way to my destinations.

Edit: And facebook is for college students ONLY. I hate it when people that aren't college students use it. gtfoff facebook.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:31 PM   #24
d-_-b
Look Of Dissaproval

Quote:
uhh... why the hell would I want to get to know more people on the way to school or on the way home? Who am I, Mr. Rogers? Makes no sense. I need my music to separate myself from the idiocy surrounding me on the way to my destinations.

Edit: And facebook is for college students ONLY. I hate it when people that aren't college students use it. gtfoff facebook.
this is a unrelated question to the previous quote about gettign to know people etc. but say you are going to be busing with a couple of people by acquaintance such as from your classes, or freinds of freinds. Would you talk ot them or set up the boudries with your ipod?
Old 04-20-2009, 12:46 AM   #25
YAH trick YAH
Local High School Star

YAH trick YAH has decent reputationYAH trick YAH has decent reputation

I'm sure he and any normal person would talk to their friends if they were with them. But if its just me and I dont know anyone, I would listen to my ipod also
YAH trick YAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:26 AM   #26
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
this is a unrelated question to the previous quote about gettign to know people etc. but say you are going to be busing with a couple of people by acquaintance such as from your classes, or freinds of freinds. Would you talk ot them or set up the boudries with your ipod?

Obviously talk to them since they're my friends. If it's just an acquaintance, I'd just say hello and go on my way.

I don't like small talk, so only friends.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:29 AM   #27
dwight20-20
future footer

dwight20-20 has an incredible reputation heredwight20-20 has an incredible reputation heredwight20-20 has an incredible reputation heredwight20-20 has an incredible reputation heredwight20-20 has an incredible reputation heredwight20-20 has an incredible reputation heredwight20-20 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

it used to be for college students only. now they have networks for all the high schools.
dwight20-20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:40 AM   #28
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-unit
I disagree.

This is just a stupid biased article trying to sell apoint. All it takes is a click and applications are blocked from your account. Also, you can't always meet up with people or find people. I wouldn't have met so many people had I not used facebook. Not to mention it's basically a free answering machine, just leave a message and people get back to you. It also has instant messaging on it so it's just an overall package.

cosign on that one

I hate people saying things like "forget facebook I'd rather talk face to face". I use facebook when i'm bored sitting around doing homework, or when I'm up late like this and just wanna chat with some people. Not EVERY situation calls for a face to face.

For example, I see a friend online and just wanna say hi and start up a convo cuz i'm bored. I message them sayin "what are you up to?". Now doesn't that seem more normal than getting in the car, driving to her apartment, knocking on the door and then asking 'what are you up to?' when she answers the door? Face to face is better but not always necessary
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 05:52 AM   #29
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i think the main point of the article was using facebook exclusively to the detriment of face to face contacts-- with business concerns

regarding personal usage, as a tool facebook has its advantages with regards to convenience and expediency. but given the choice, i would rather get together with a friend over lunch or a beer and interact than spending hours on facebook.

most people use it prudently. but some get addicted to it at the expense of their off-line lives
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:56 AM   #30
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Why use facebook when insidehoops is all anyone really needs?
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: