Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-19-2009, 08:56 PM   #1
Round Robin
Kids at the park dunk on me

Round Robin has an OK reputation so far
Default Rick Ross: Deeper than Rap

What is everyone expecting from his new album??

Will the 50 feud affect his album sales?

What do you think or ross in general?

thoughts??

thanks...
Round Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:00 PM   #2
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Jordandunk23 has decent reputationJordandunk23 has decent reputation
Default Re: Rick Ross: Deeper than Rap

realistically speaking, he will probably struggle to go gold... 75,000 first week sales maybe?? i dont pay much attention to him, though he has had some nice singles...
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:51 PM   #3
IBLEEDGREEN20
Local High School Star

IBLEEDGREEN20 is considered somewhat coolIBLEEDGREEN20 is considered somewhat cool

his album leaked this past wednesday, its been in my car rotation since and i have listened to it about 3 times.. its pretty good. rick ross makes better music than 50 cent, and his albums have not dissapointed..

jadakiss sold 125 thousand first week with " the last kiss" so i expect rick ross to sell around that or more first week, depending on if def jam buys some albums or not..

either way.. its a good album, favorite song is " valley of death", but theres plenty of standouts like usual suspects with nas or cold blood... rick ross' albums are always top notch..

50 cent just made a remix with the black eyed peas

rick ross is a major artist in the game and even 50 cent isn't stopping his album from coming out.. where the hell is " before i self destruct"?!?! lol 50 sucks.
IBLEEDGREEN20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:57 PM   #4
lefthook00
College star

lefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBLEEDGREEN20
his album leaked this past wednesday, its been in my car rotation since and i have listened to it about 3 times.. its pretty good. rick ross makes better music than 50 cent, and his albums have not dissapointed..

jadakiss sold 125 thousand first week with " the last kiss" so i expect rick ross to sell around that or more first week, depending on if def jam buys some albums or not..

either way.. its a good album, favorite song is " valley of death", but theres plenty of standouts like usual suspects with nas or cold blood... rick ross' albums are always top notch..

50 cent just made a remix with the black eyed peas

rick ross is a major artist in the game and even 50 cent isn't stopping his album from coming out.. where the hell is " before i self destruct"?!?! lol 50 sucks.

Fiddy's mixtapes are actually pretty good. His Elephant In The Sand mixtape numbers > what Ross' actual album numbers will be.
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:04 AM   #5
A. Blackmon
Banned

A. Blackmon has an OK reputation so far

F*ck Rick Ross
A. Blackmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:52 AM   #6
ruslan
Decent college freshman

ruslan is considered somewhat coolruslan is considered somewhat coolruslan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Blackmon
F*ck Rick Ross

co-sign and album was nothing special. ****ed up some beats as usual.
ruslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:29 AM   #7
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I read "Rick Roll: Deeper than Rap"
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:07 PM   #8
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Link to his album?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:15 PM   #9
GSW1984
I airball my layups

GSW1984 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruslan
co-sign and album was nothing special. ****ed up some beats as usual.

Im sick of these mediocre rappers getting these hot beats it makes them seem hotter than they really are.
GSW1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:24 PM   #10
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW1984
Im sick of these mediocre rappers getting these hot beats it makes them seem hotter than they really are.
The one that pissed me of the most was the Fat Joe and Lil Wayne with the make it rain beat. I would have killed that.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:10 PM   #11
lefthook00
College star

lefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix18
The one that pissed me of the most was the Fat Joe and Lil Wayne with the make it rain beat. I would have killed that.

Or the "Fat Joe - Safe 2 Say" beat. That was one of the HARDEST TRACKS EVER MADE by Just Blaze. Shoulda given it to a prime Jay-Z, or some other rapper that could have murked it.
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:51 PM   #12
JayGuevara
Hellbound

JayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Gucci can't rap, doesn't rhyme half the time, but he has some ridiculous ass beats. Therefore, the song just goes hard.
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:44 PM   #13
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Jordandunk23 has decent reputationJordandunk23 has decent reputation

Quote:

100% agree, hot beat+hot hook+decent rhymes is basically the formula for a hot song these days, the radio play goes crazy over them... im not even going to front though, i listen to a lot of those hot beats and hot hooks...
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 05:21 PM   #14
IBLEEDGREEN20
Local High School Star

IBLEEDGREEN20 is considered somewhat coolIBLEEDGREEN20 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

rick ross has been getting amazing production since port of miami
IBLEEDGREEN20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 05:33 PM   #15
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Mile High Crew has an OK reputation so far

With all this beef between 50 and Ross its more of an attention thing if anything. Rick Ross "The Boss" does what he does, his Maybach Music and so on. 50 is losing it...meaning he aint what he used to be in Get Rich or Die Tryin', argubly the best album from him, everything else was marginal at best. I got no hate for any of em, if you make good music then it does what it does.
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: