Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-19-2009, 11:51 PM   #1
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this board
Default Good, Hard Basketball.

I love a game of good played, hard fought, slightly physical ball. I played some ball earlier today and it was perfect. Everyone on the court was playing good hard ball. It was no slackers. It was physical but not to physical.

PERFECT
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:57 PM   #2
PistolPete
The Pistol

PistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Good, Hard Basketball.

It's very rare to find a game like that being played. Were they calling fouls? Cause I like games where a guy gets a good hack but ain't concerned about calling a foul, he's more concerned with going after the ball and putting it back up. That's good ball right there.
PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:00 AM   #3
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolPete
It's very rare to find a game like that being played. Were they calling fouls? Cause I like games where a guy gets a good hack but ain't concerned about calling a foul, he's more concerned with going after the ball and putting it back up. That's good ball right there.
Yeah, we was calling fouls, but no little knick-knack NBA type calls. We ran about 4our games like this. It was amazing.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:08 AM   #4
D-Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolPete

When I played... Fouls weren't even really called... They were just obvious.

I think in street ball... you look like a b*tch if call a charging foul.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:09 AM   #5
halffttime
shorty doowop

halffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation here

i played hardball yesterday..i cramped my calves..

plus i was battling in the post the whole game.. my back, left wrist, and forearm are sore..
halffttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:13 AM   #6
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
I love a game of good played, hard fought, slightly physical ball. I played some ball earlier today and it was perfect. Everyone on the court was playing good hard ball. It was no slackers. It was physical but not to physical.

PERFECT

thats what im sayin. specially when your playin that team d. i love that ****.

my senior year in high school i think we allowed something like 39 ppg. would would just straight up lock teams up. i remember our first game of league the team we played had 7 points at halftime. none of the starters played the 2nd half and they ended up scoring 17 points for the game.
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:36 AM   #7
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

emsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation here

i never call fouls, and i usually get SWARMED when i get the ball. and since i'm not used to caling fouls on me, and i'm a below average defender, i never call fouls when i foul someone, unless it's a blatant shooting foul. people get mad.
emsteez forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:44 AM   #8
thejumpa
Sonics bandwagoner

thejumpa is considered somewhat coolthejumpa is considered somewhat cool

It's hard to play physical basketball where I play at. Everybody is either wealthy,older,or just plain pu$$y. I can't ****ing stand it when the defense calls fouls on themselves, that **** is stupid as hell.
thejumpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:00 AM   #9
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsteez forreal
i never call fouls, and i usually get SWARMED when i get the ball. and since i'm not used to caling fouls on me, and i'm a below average defender, i never call fouls when i foul someone, unless it's a blatant shooting foul. people get mad.

yup ill never call fouls. you either call the foul, or there was no foul.
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:03 AM   #10
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I hate people that don't call fouls. I want to win, and if you get ****ing hacked, call the foul. I'm not trying to sit out the next 3 games because we lost and people continually got hacked without calling it. Obviously don't call ***** fouls, but if you get straight up fouled, call that ****. I don't like playing with these people. I'm all for playing hard, and games suck if people don't play hard, but fouls need to be called sometimes.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: