Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-20-2009, 10:58 AM   #16
lazerface
everything must go

lazerface is a pretty well-respected posterlazerface is a pretty well-respected posterlazerface is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: OK, Seth McFarlane, we f*cking get it.

never really liked this show and was very happy when south park called them out on their sh*tty writing.
lazerface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:58 AM   #17
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
yup.

Family Guy is still funny. Are the scripts good? Nope. Are the jokes all relevant to the plot? Hell no. Does it try too hard sometimes? Yep. But is the show still funny? I definitely think so.
Agreed.

Season 7 just aired last night here in the UK and I must say that the two episodes I saw, were much funnier than the previous season. There wasn't as much filler and the humour was better.

Now I've got the f*cking Surfin' Bird song stuck in my head.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:24 AM   #18
Bean
Local High School Star

Bean is a pretty well-respected posterBean is a pretty well-respected posterBean is a pretty well-respected poster

Family Guy has never been funny and will continue to linger in the shadows of superior shows like South Park and Aqua Teen Hunger Force.
Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:30 AM   #19
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I am the only one that thinks that South Park is highly, highly overrated?
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:31 AM   #20
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean
Family Guy has never been funny and will continue to linger in the shadows of superior shows like South Park and Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

Yup.

Frylock > Brian
Shake > Peter
Meatwad > every other character on Family Guy aside Quagmire.
Carl => Quag
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:47 AM   #21
lazerface
everything must go

lazerface is a pretty well-respected posterlazerface is a pretty well-respected posterlazerface is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
yes.
lazerface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:50 AM   #22
Bush4Ever
Local High School Star

Bush4Ever has decent reputation

Cartman sums up my feelings on Family Guy quite nicely.
Bush4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:51 AM   #23
Bean
Local High School Star

Bean is a pretty well-respected posterBean is a pretty well-respected posterBean is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

South Park is the fillet steak of television. It is unmatched in terms of wit, storylines and characters.
Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:15 PM   #24
Bush4Ever
Local High School Star

Bush4Ever has decent reputation

Quote:
South Park is the fillet steak of television. It is unmatched in terms of wit, storylines and characters.

I think the prime Simpsons years match or exceed any South Park seasons.

Obviously that isn't the case now, but watching the old Simpsons episodes is a real treat when I actually do watch "TV".

http://www.wtso.net/
Bush4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:27 PM   #25
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
I can't fault the guy, I have my own fascination with MJ Fox. I'm honestly very depressed by his Parkinson's.

Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:54 PM   #26
Rockbttm88
There is no dark side

Rockbttm88 has decent reputationRockbttm88 has decent reputation

"Michael J Fox always gets the last drop of steak a1 sauce. Because of parkinsons"

I think its terrible about his disease and I dont mean to laugh at him, but I almost spit out my coffee when I read this one.
Rockbttm88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:08 PM   #27
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

I find a lot of people who are a couple of years older than me, in the 24+ range, who didn't really grow up with South Park, don't feel it.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:23 PM   #28
Legendofthe718
Danze Manatee

Legendofthe718 has decent reputation

Quote:
family guy is hilarious of course not top tier with the likes of south park but aqua teen hunger force?? That show is horrible in my opinion.

Enough with the family guy hate it doesn't follow any kind of traditional plotline it's just sporadic jokes, sprinkled with some yesteryear anecdotes and brief fillers that's all, that's the whole intent of the show.

On another note, I don't know but I never found the simpsons funny at all.
Legendofthe718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:47 PM   #29
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I would agree. Its decent, but not nearly as witty as people make it out to be. I would put it on the same level as FG, above mercan dad and below ATHF and simpsons.

Anyone like squidbillies?
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:48 PM   #30
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
you either have never had a good steak or have weak taste in animated comedy.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: