Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-16-2018, 02:39 AM   #1
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

Default Go see Black Panther

Best super hero movie I've ever seen. Love the story. Good dialogue. Excellent casting.

What a movie. I think this is Marvel's best work. Believe the hype.

I think this beats Logan which I had at number 1.
RoseCity07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 02:50 AM   #2
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Default Re: Go see Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
Best super hero movie I've ever seen. Love the story. Good dialogue. Excellent casting.

What a movie. I think this is Marvel's best work. Believe the hype.

I think this beats Logan which I had at number 1.
Really? I didn’t think that movie was good. I actually don’t think Marvel movies have been good for a while. I thought the last X-Men was pretty good. Thought Deadpool was garbage. The last Spider-Man was ok.

I actually haven’t seen any trailers or anything for Black Panther but most people are saying it’s pretty good.
NumberSix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 03:09 AM   #3
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
Really? I didnít think that movie was good. I actually donít think Marvel movies have been good for a while. I thought the last X-Men was pretty good. Thought Deadpool was garbage. The last Spider-Man was ok.

I actually havenít seen any trailers or anything for Black Panther but most people are saying itís pretty good.

I loved it because of the quality of acting from Hugh Jackman. The ending was great. When he tells his daughter "so this is what it feels like." Earlier in the film Professor X was telling him it's not too late to feel what it's like to have a family. Just really good stuff.

My dumbass brother thought he was say so this is what it feels like to die. Anyway I don't like most Marvel movies. They are still 100 times better than DC. This one is more story focused. It started off a little slow but it gets better.
RoseCity07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 03:33 AM   #4
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
I loved it because of the quality of acting from Hugh Jackman. The ending was great. When he tells his daughter "so this is what it feels like." Earlier in the film Professor X was telling him it's not too late to feel what it's like to have a family. Just really good stuff.

My dumbass brother thought he was say so this is what it feels like to die. Anyway I don't like most Marvel movies. They are still 100 times better than DC. This one is more story focused. It started off a little slow but it gets better.
I would have to disagree. I think the Dark Knight movies are far beyond anything Marvel has ever done. Man of Steel was pure shit, Iíll give you that. I liked the recent Wonder Woman movie a lot too.
Old 02-16-2018, 07:21 AM   #5
hold this L
Curry 2 > 1 LeBronze

Logan is not the best CBM, it had an poor villain. It is one of the best CBM since everything else is amazing.

Will get to see this, but no way in hell do I think this movie has a chance of coming close to the TDK, which is a masterpiece. If it's in the same level as the other 2 Nolan movies, Coogler has done an imaculate job. I'm more interested about Annihilation, but I'll see this soon enough.
hold this L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 08:13 AM   #6
UK2K
NBA Legend

Am I allowed to see it yet?
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 08:25 AM   #7
fiddy
Raider of Rampage

Quote:
super hero movie

"Grown men" watching superhero movies
fiddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:27 AM   #8
Trollsmasher
The Fam

based Armond White does it again

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...d-race-fantasy

absolutely annihilates the movie, Marvel and its audience too

you literally cannot disagree with a single thing written there
Trollsmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 02:46 PM   #9
ROCSteady
One of One

Just got out.

This is a damn good movie, def top 3 Marvel movie. The casting was great; Michael B. Jordan as Killmonger elevated this into true greatness for a movie of this ilk.

Production values were soilid, great wardrobe and art design, I noticed a great score on occasion and overall, the hype is justified.

Thought it would be a let down because of the nonsense surrounding it politics wise but no, this is a great movie. Really enjoyed it.

It is a worthy purchase to go see it in theaters. Boseman has been in other movies obviously but he disappears into being T'challa
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 03:06 PM   #10
FultzNationRISE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddy

sum dudes grew up with comics and superhero, so from that perspective I can see it.

tbh tho I dont remember it being as popular growing up as it is now with all the same kids who are now adults. if u didnt grow up with this stuff i have a hard time seeing how you can really find it entertaining as an adult.

kinda like tattoos. sum people are really into ink culture, like birdman andersen or lil wayne. You can tell they'd have tattoos no matter who else in society was doin it. While others get an awkward luke walton or richard jefferson tattoo bc they think they wanna be tattoo guys, but then realize its really not their thing and they get kinda caught halfway between.

societys filled with in betweeners.
FultzNationRISE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 03:11 PM   #11
ROCSteady
One of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddy

you're a miserable fck
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 03:19 PM   #12
CelticBaller
You mad?

Bout to watch it on sat
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 03:42 PM   #13
Smoke117
Point God

I can't. I'm white and apparently not allowed to.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 03:43 PM   #14
Smoke117
Point God

Quote:
Originally Posted by hold this L
Logan is not the best CBM, it had an poor villain. It is one of the best CBM since everything else is amazing.

Will get to see this, but no way in hell do I think this movie has a chance of coming close to the TDK, which is a masterpiece. If it's in the same level as the other 2 Nolan movies, Coogler has done an imaculate job. I'm more interested about Annihilation, but I'll see this soon enough.

I disagree that Logan had a poor villain. It was never about some external antagonist, but Logan coming to terms and finding peace in his life before his impending death. I also highly disagree that the TDK was some masterpiece. I've never gotten why people are so high up on it when it was mostly a dull and long winded film whenever Ledger's Joker wasn't on screen. Both it and The Dark Knight Returns run about 30 mins too long. I thought the first film in that trilogy was pretty easily the most enjoyable.

Last edited by Smoke117 : 02-16-2018 at 03:47 PM.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 03:48 PM   #15
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117
I can't. I'm white and apparently not allowed to.
Huh? If anything, wouldnít be racist for whites to not go see this movie?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: