Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-21-2016, 04:27 PM   #1
DaHeezy
NBA lottery pick

Default Mexicans will be protesting and booing the National Anthem at tonight's NFL game

I heard from a friend down in Houston that Mexicans will be booing and protesting the Anthem tonight. Although I do believe people have the right to express themselves I find it funny that citizens that long to be Americans would protest and boo the anthem. My friend agrees with the protest. Probably because she married a Mexican-American. Curious to see and hear the reaction tonight

Last edited by DaHeezy : 11-21-2016 at 04:30 PM.
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 04:33 PM   #2
UK2K
NBA Superstar

Default Re: Mexicans will be protesting and booing the National Anthem at tonight's NFL game

Everyone just wants to belong to something so badly. Meanwhile, Texans players were ordered not to drink the water and told they were not allowed to order food delivery...

Because BOO America!!

You'd think they'd be cheering us on since we are taking care of half their country for free.
UK2K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 04:39 PM   #3
DaHeezy
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Mexicans will be protesting and booing the National Anthem at tonight's NFL game

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
Everyone just wants to belong to something so badly. Meanwhile, Texans players were ordered not to drink the water and told they were not allowed to order food delivery...

Because BOO America!!

You'd think they'd be cheering us on since we are taking care of half their country for free.

Or the opportunity to be given a live NFL game played in their country.
Old 11-21-2016, 04:41 PM   #4
UK2K
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeezy
Or the opportunity to be given a live NFL game played in their country.

Wrong futbol.

NFL is desperate for money... they're losing American viewers by the boatload thanks to Kap's protests and Mothers of America's concern for player safety.
Old 11-21-2016, 04:59 PM   #5
Nick Young
Prophet of the Mamba

Kaepernick has singlehandedly lead to the destruction of the most popular sports league in America.

Social justice fails again.
Nick Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 05:11 PM   #6
UK2K
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
So your source of news is "a friend down in Houston"

Also, "Mexicans" will be booing? Like, all Mexicans everywhere? Or three buddies, or what?
My source is USA Today...

Quote:
“I am ready,” Hector Diaz, 24, said, as he made preparations to attend Monday’s game at the cavernous Azteca Stadium with a group of friends. “When they play the anthem … I am going to boo.”
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...them/93924238/

This has been planned for the past week.
Old 11-21-2016, 05:19 PM   #7
dude77
NBA sixth man of the year

thought this was in the U.S. .. it's mexicans protesting the U.S. in mexico .. have at it
dude77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 05:22 PM   #8
tmacattack33
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:

Because BOO America!!

They told them not to drink their water and eat their food because it's not clean...I don't think they were trying to say that the mexican hotel staff was going to poison their food on purpose because they hate americans.
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 05:34 PM   #9
DaHeezy
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
It's nothing against you, it's just that in general every couple of threads lately are about what a race/ethnicity/etc. is doing wrong that day, and it's becoming a bit much, and this looked like another one of those
Ah, gotcha.
But you do sound emotionally invested. Not a good look if you're taking over head admin.
Old 11-21-2016, 05:45 PM   #10
UK2K
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacattack33
They told them not to drink their water and eat their food because it's not clean...I don't think they were trying to say that the mexican hotel staff was going to poison their food on purpose because they hate americans.

Yeah, I don't think so either lolol

Its just ironic you would boo America for being America, meanwhile the visiting teams are told not to drink the water you drink every day.
Old 11-21-2016, 05:57 PM   #11
senelcoolidge
NBA rookie of the year

Aren't NBA numbers down too? Big mistake for a league to get political.
senelcoolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 07:59 PM   #12
knickballer
NBA All-star

Quote:
My source is USA Today...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...them/93924238/

This has been planned for the past week.

I'm sure Donald Trump and his cabinet will be reconsidering their decision on building a wall on the border after hearing that 24 year old Mexican National Hector Diaz will be booing the US national anthem in a football match.

I know my opinions on the matter has changed after hearing Hector's take.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 09:26 PM   #13
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

well the fans were completely silent for the anthem, no booing at all...
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 09:26 PM   #14
DaHeezy
NBA lottery pick

That was well recieved. Stay classy Mexico
Old 11-21-2016, 09:37 PM   #15
ROCSteady
One of One

Fans did not boo a smidgen audibly

UK2K loves fake news stories he's a sucker, exactly the type of eyeballs modern media outlets feast on for revenue
ROCSteady is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: