Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-24-2011, 11:07 AM   #1516
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What are you reading?

Live Wire by Harlan Coben - 10/10

ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:23 AM   #1517
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I just started The Drunkard's Walk last night. It's pretty much a knock off of Malcolm Gladwell's Blink. A lot of stuff about randomness, and our instincts and intuition. I'm only about 30 pages in.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:19 AM   #1518
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Winter's Bone was so damn good, need to see the film ASAP.

Now reading:

One of my favorite films ever, never read the book though. Enjoying it so far.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:27 AM   #1519
vinsane01
National High School Star

vinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this board

"What I Talk About When I Talk About Running" by Haruki Murakami. I love the manner of writing this author uses. So simple yet so effective.
vinsane01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:17 PM   #1520
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7

About 2/3's of the way through. Fairly interesting bio but the pious tone of her writing is wearing on me.

My major gripe with the book was that she glossed over a ton of her actual life which makes for a somewhat odd autobiography. There are instances where she will be discussing a time in her life and she will just drop something like "and there was a man I was in love with for 2 years" at the end of a sentence. Some of that stuff is what I'd like to hear about and the book isn't all that long so she could have expanded it more and made it a more intimate text.

Day was very humble in the presentation of her life, well at leaast as humble as you can be while writing an autobiograhpy lol. She was extremely well connected and drop names like Trotsky and Kerensky as people she met just randomly in the course of a normal day.

Peter Maurin was the most interesting part of the book for me. I would love to read an enitre biography dedicated to him.

Now moving on to:
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:27 PM   #1521
Nike_jumpman_23
Kids at the park dunk on me

Nike_jumpman_23 has an OK reputation so far

I can't remember the last time I read a good book.

I read for hours a day, but just not books.

I would need for someone to suggest a good novel to me probably.
Nike_jumpman_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 03:14 AM   #1522
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

just finished this:

kinda disappointing, and i find the 9/11 references annoying/out of place. it wasn't supposed to have happened in the ryanverse
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:21 AM   #1523
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Finally broke down and bought it, love it so far.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:26 AM   #1524
Scientist
Banned

Scientist has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts

Finally broke down and bought it, love it so far.

Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 03:19 PM   #1525
irondarts

A book that i'm reading ?
Old 03-29-2011, 03:23 PM   #1526
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Just started reading this

Pretty good so far.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 03:41 PM   #1527
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

so, just finished mccarthy's child of god. WHat an insanely good writer that guy is that he can make you feel empathy for a necrophile hillbilly. Damn, what a good and quick read.

I am now reading his book, The outer dark.

Before these books I had pretty much only read his later novels (which tend to focus on the west/texas), whereas his first 4 or so are all set in TN and surrounding environs. He is cementing himself as my favorite living author.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 03:43 PM   #1528
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
so, just finished mccarthy's child of god. WHat an insanely good writer that guy is that he can make you feel empathy for a necrophile hillbilly. Damn, what a good and quick read.

I am now reading his book, The outer dark.

Before these books I had pretty much only read his later novels (which tend to focus on the west/texas), whereas his first 4 or so are all set in TN and surrounding environs. He is cementing himself as my favorite living author.

Funny, I read Child of God last week. Needless to say I loved it.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 03:46 PM   #1529
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
Funny, I read Child of God last week. Needless to say I loved it.
yep, I picked it up from the library that day after you recommended it.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:17 PM   #1530
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
yep, I picked it up from the library that day after you recommended it.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: