Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-01-2011, 01:56 PM   #1681
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What are you reading?

Well-written and a lot of the social commentary transfers very effectively into the present. However, parts of the book were painfully dull. Good overall message for people to think about in the context of their lives with meditations on materialism, education, etc.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 02:54 PM   #1682
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I love going to the bookstore. I just bought Candide, On The Road, and Motorcycle Diaries. It took me. Solid hour to choose what to buy lol.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:23 PM   #1683
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I bought Walden for 45 cents a couple of weeks ago. I am gonna finish Raymond Queneau's Exercise de Style, and Thomas Friedman's Thr Lexus and The Olive Tree in the next couple of days. Michael J. Fox's A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Future was a cute book. I didn't love it or hate it. It was a quick read, which is a plus.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 06:03 PM   #1684
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Just started:

So far, it's great. Can't wait to get deeper into it.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 01:10 PM   #1685
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Story about a young man struggling with his ideals of manhood and relationship with God during a polio epidemic in 1944. Quick and easy read. It was good but Roth has better novels.

I see some influence in his writing by Steinbeck which could be a reason why I like him so much.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:17 PM   #1686
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Very informative but I find myself constantly tripping over words. The authors use the scientific names for animals, many foreign scientists with difficult names are mentioned, and overall many scientific terms I've never heard of or understand that make me re-read sentences.

But, you get the idea, and I can pick out the information I'm looking for.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 01:22 PM   #1687
heyhey
stay mad golden state

heyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7

Story about a young man struggling with his ideals of manhood and relationship with God during a polio epidemic in 1944. Quick and easy read. It was good but Roth has better novels.

I see some influence in his writing by Steinbeck which could be a reason why I like him so much.

I like Roth alot myself, although I have only read goodbye columbus and portnoy's complaint.

He's really the pioneer in that jewish american literacy that's very prominent in books and other mediums with guys like Larry David and Woody Allen. Alot of times when I read Portnoy's complaint it's Woody Allen's voice in my head
heyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 01:26 PM   #1688
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I had a slight Roth run in high school. I was big on "My Life As A Man" and "The Professor of Desire".
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 01:40 PM   #1689
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

My favorite Roth is American Pastoral. One of my favorite books of all-time.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:13 PM   #1690
brooks_thompson
Good college starter

brooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputation

craig ferguson-american on purpose.

i really hate biographies, and especially autobiographies, but i love craig ferguson and this is a really easy book to read if you like the guy. he uses too many adverbs at times, but he's still amusing and one of the funniest and most interesting people in showbiz.
brooks_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 11:00 PM   #1691
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:33 PM   #1692
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

[bizarro fiction]

Suicide Girls in the Afterlife by Gina Ranalli - 8/10

Quote:
After Pogue commits suicide, she unexpectedly finds herself an unwilling "guest" at a hotel in the Afterlife, where she meets a group of bizarre characters, including a goth Satan, a hippie Jesus, and an alien-human hybrid.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:14 PM   #1693
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

My third time reading it. Very unique play and actually very funny because of the absurd nature of it. It epitmozes to me the underlying absurdity to our lives. Its very interesting to approach it from different angles.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:11 AM   #1694
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
Just started:

So far, it's great. Can't wait to get deeper into it.
Just finished this. Wow. I've read tons and tons of books in my life, and I can honestly say this may be the best book I've ever read. It provoked more emotion out of me than any other book I've read. What an incredible story, but what an incredibly sad one.

Now about to start:

irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:55 AM   #1695
Fatal9
owwwww

Fatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
You finish this yet? I've really slowed down on reading in the last couple of months, gonna start with David Copperfield now. Only read excerpts of it before, lot of people consider this his greatest novel (though in academic circles they favor Bleak House).

This ISH bookclub still active brahs?
Fatal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: