Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-04-2011, 04:33 PM   #1756
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What are you reading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts

I've had this on my shelf for years but have nver gotten to it. Let me know what you think when you finish.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 04:37 PM   #1757
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Possibly my favorite Murakami. Feels like a more well thought out, grown-up Norwegian Wood, and NW used to be my favorite. I feel like I've spouted the same lines and thought the same thoughts as Hajime.

This also made me re-read his short story: "On seeing the 100% perfect girl one beautiful April morning" which is basically my favorite parts of his storytelling (Minus the surrealism) distilled into a 5 minute read.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 05:32 PM   #1758
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Nice choice vap. I'm currently reading the wind-up bird chronicle. Just started the third book of it
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:07 PM   #1759
thebirdman
Kids at the park dunk on me

thebirdman is considered somewhat coolthebirdman is considered somewhat cool

nothing original about this choice, you'll all know of it and many will have read it. there's also nothing original about my opinion, masterpiece. oh and terrifying.

afterwards i read animal farm. turns out it's basically 1984 lite. with plenty of focus on revolution and methods of manipulation.
thebirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:54 PM   #1760
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
I've had this on my shelf for years but have nver gotten to it. Let me know what you think when you finish.
Will do. So far I'm really enjoying it.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:25 PM   #1761
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
Great book. If younwere thinking of reading the 2nd book in the Enders Game series, Speaker for the Dead, I warn you it's very different from Enders game. It goes from intergalactic space battle in Enders Game to one long guilt trip redemtion for Ender by helping out some people on a far away planet who made contact with a third type of intelligent life form. There's not really any action but it was still a good book in my opinion.

Actually I just started that tonight. Ender's Game was GREAT! Loved it. I have a few nitpicks but nothing that won't stop me from reading it again sometime. As to Speaker of the Dead, I didn't get too far into it, thinking of starting something else instead then reading that next. I also finished Stephen Colbert's book today. Lots of insightful and funny stuff.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:57 PM   #1762
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
Actually I just started that tonight. Ender's Game was GREAT! Loved it. I have a few nitpicks but nothing that won't stop me from reading it again sometime. As to Speaker of the Dead, I didn't get too far into it, thinking of starting something else instead then reading that next. I also finished Stephen Colbert's book today. Lots of insightful and funny stuff.

I'm not sure about putting Speaker for the Dead on hold, only because its so different from Ender's Game as far as setting and other areas of the story goes. I feel like if I were to have read something else between Ender's Game and Speaker for the Dead that when I came back to Speaker for the Dead I would be like what the **** is this, this isn't what I remember it being like? That would probably throw the whole thing off for me. I would suggest reading it now while you still have the desire to know what happens to Ender after the first book. I know I'm making the books out to seem like they are 2 books from totally different stories but alot of the central themes that were focussed on in Ender's Game are relevant in Speaker For the Dead, such as isolation and relationships. Pretty much what I'm trying to say is you shouldn't expect the same from this book as what you experienced in Ender's Game, but it is still a good book.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:36 AM   #1763
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

Fighting Spirit vol. 53 online manga:

After Robotech, my 2nd alltime favorite anime/manga series.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:21 PM   #1764
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
I'm not sure about putting Speaker for the Dead on hold, only because its so different from Ender's Game as far as setting and other areas of the story goes. I feel like if I were to have read something else between Ender's Game and Speaker for the Dead that when I came back to Speaker for the Dead I would be like what the **** is this, this isn't what I remember it being like? That would probably throw the whole thing off for me. I would suggest reading it now while you still have the desire to know what happens to Ender after the first book. I know I'm making the books out to seem like they are 2 books from totally different stories but alot of the central themes that were focussed on in Ender's Game are relevant in Speaker For the Dead, such as isolation and relationships. Pretty much what I'm trying to say is you shouldn't expect the same from this book as what you experienced in Ender's Game, but it is still a good book.

Got through the dramatization of Pet Sematary today. That shit is $344 on Amazon. It was cool though, with all the sound effects, music, voice actors, etc. I did get about two and a half hours into Speaker of the Dead though. Just finished Ender's Game yesterday so it's still fresh in my mind. Speaker of the Dead started off slowly but it has my attention now. I'm just past the part where the girl spends the night with the broken down boy after his father was killed by the Piggies.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:53 PM   #1765
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Just started this earlier on my new Kindle.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:56 PM   #1766
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I copped this a few weeks ago. Tis time I read it.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:02 PM   #1767
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Goodreads is annoying the shit out of me lately since I started reading a lot again. They make it hard to change a book from "currently reading" to "have read" and vice versa. It should be RIGHT there, just one click away. Instead you have to navigate to another page and figure it out from there.

I almost Googled to figure out how to do it.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:08 PM   #1768
Dasher

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I've never had that problem.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:16 PM   #1769
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Well now that I know how to do it, It's easy. It f*cking stinks. I might delete my account, that's how much It's pissing me off.

Edit: Oh, I wasn't under "all" I see how easy it is now, never mind me
Old 07-06-2011, 08:20 PM   #1770
Dasher

Do you use the mobile app? It is an easier process with that.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: