Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-30-2011, 01:21 PM   #1846
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: What are you reading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
I fucking love zombies. What would you recommend?

I'm thinking of buying the Walking Dead comics before the start of season 2, but was wondering if there was anything more in the style of traditional books, not comics.

I collect the Walking Dead graphic novels. They're made up of 6 individual issues each. The show is good, the comic is great.

My favorite zombie books:

Eden by Tony Monchinski.....Crusade and Resurrection (which I just ordered) round out this series. Eden is my favorite. It jumps around alot in time but it all comes together eventually.

Dead City, Apocalypse of the Dead, and Flesh Eaters....this 3 book series with another one due out in 2012 takes place around the Texas area during storms and flooding. First book is fast paced. 2nd and 3rd books are paced better.

Plague of the Dead and Thunder and Ashes. This series takes place all over the world. A 3rd book is due sometime.

Day by Day Armageddon and Beyond Exile. Excellent series written by a real soldier in journal format. A 3rd book is due sometime.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:07 PM   #1847
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Read 50% of A Feast For Crows in one day.. and the burned out on it, cant seem to read too much more of it..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:14 PM   #1848
detroitkid816
Serious playground baller

detroitkid816 has an OK reputation so far

Last book: Of Mice and Men. Current joint: Off the books: The Underground Economy of the Inner City by Sudhir Venkatesh
detroitkid816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:17 PM   #1849
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here

dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:44 PM   #1850
East_Stone_Ya
Gentleman Desperado

East_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

a great fantasy book proposing different outcomes for historically important events... if you are a avid history fan then i strongly suggest this book
East_Stone_Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:09 PM   #1851
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Just finished reading this book. It was awesome and I definitely recommend it. Bout to start the second book of the trilogy.

Hope the movie does the book justice.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:49 PM   #1852
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
I have to read these two for a U.S. History from 1900-1945 class. I'm really looking forward to reading both, though, so I guess it's more like I get to read these two books.

That Teddy Roosevelt book looks pretty amazing. Let me know how it is.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:07 PM   #1853
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Finally finished The Book Of Basketball. I love Bill Simmons, but after about 600 pages he became insufferable to me. All his references to Boogie Nights, his buddies and the ridiculous amount of name dropping he does began to drive me insane. I finished the whole 700 pages though, and I really enjoyed the ending with Bill Walton. However, I don't think I'll read Simmons for a while.

Just started:

irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:21 PM   #1854
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
Read 50% of A Feast For Crows in one day.. and the burned out on it, cant seem to read too much more of it..

Ive pushed it to about 62% now.. but really have no interest in finishing it..
Old 09-02-2011, 10:31 PM   #1855
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
Ive pushed it to about 62% now.. but really have no interest in finishing it..

The ending is the best part of the book.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:32 PM   #1856
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
The ending is the best part of the book.
alright.. but ill gave to do some serious skimming.speed.reading..
Old 09-02-2011, 10:33 PM   #1857
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
alright.. but ill gave to do some serious skimming.speed.reading..

Honestly I read like 2 chapters a day of AFFC. It takes it's tole but the ending is pretty interesting.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:37 PM   #1858
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin

Dolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation here

Anyone read Ada, or Ardor by Nabokov yet?

I think the only American or writer who wrote his famous works in America and in English first (he's Russian) who I'd rank above him in the 20th century is John Steinbeck.

Lolita
Pale Fire
Ada, Or Ardor

His prose can make your head spin in some of his work (in a good way). Not James Joyce level, but his style is unbelievable.
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:24 PM   #1859
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
Honestly I read like 2 chapters a day of AFFC. It takes it's tole but the ending is pretty interesting.
Ill definitely be finishing it, since I want to read ADWD...
Old 09-06-2011, 05:52 PM   #1860
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If it's not much different then the new ESPN book I won't finish it probably, but I think it'll be different and more truthful about the negatives of ESPN since ESPN didn't have much to do with the book meaning they couldn't edit everything negative out.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: