Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-09-2009, 10:53 AM   #181
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What are you reading?

I came across a box of discarded books, and found this gem. It has been awhile since I got down with some Percy.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:11 PM   #182
Jenna J
I hit open 5-footers

Jenna J has decent reputation

I'm not much of a book reader but I was given a copy of Teddy Atlas's book from my brother and I fully intend to read it.
Jenna J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:45 PM   #183
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm reading some double header SciFi book by Terry Pratchett. So far it's turrible.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:13 PM   #184
A_RastaMon
Irie Mon!

A_RastaMon has an OK reputation so far

News Mon!
http://www.thedailyworld.com/article...9457628425.txt
A_RastaMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:59 AM   #185
Waking_Life
El Fuego Del Saber

Waking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_RastaMon

boooooriiiiing
Waking_Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:19 AM   #186
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Agent_Zero is considered somewhat coolAgent_Zero is considered somewhat cool

the garden of last days its decent almost done then i gotta read 1984 for summer reading. i heard it was amazing.
Agent_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:21 AM   #187
Waking_Life
El Fuego Del Saber

Waking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_Zero
the garden of last days its decent almost done then i gotta read 1984 for summer reading. i heard it was amazing.
Over 40 years and its still stellar stuff
Waking_Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 02:08 AM   #188
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I found "Executive Orders" by Tom Clancy kicking around my closet. It's a book with a lot of potential thus far but for f*ck's sake, Clancy's at his best when he doesn't use the first 200 pages as exposition. NOBODY wants to read that much introductory material. I can only read it in small doses because despite the fact that's it's interesting as hell, the book just doesn't flow whatsoever. I loved "Red October," "Red Storm Rising," etc., but this book is killing me now. I want to know what happens next but I don't want to wade through 40 pages of fluff to find it.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 02:25 AM   #189
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
Is Executive Orders part of a series? Because I would hate to be lost by the concept.. but still feel compelled to continue because its a character that I usually read.
Umm, gathering by the inside cover, "Debt of Honor" at least was before it. I haven't read it, at least read it so long ago I remember nothing about it. So far it seems like a fairly standalone book. I'm not too lost by anything.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 02:31 AM   #190
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Umm, gathering by the inside cover, "Debt of Honor" at least was before it. I haven't read it, at least read it so long ago I remember nothing about it. So far it seems like a fairly standalone book. I'm not too lost by anything.

Well I guess if your a fan of Clancy.. youll finish it.

Usually, I finish everything but that just cause I read alot..

Ill just rush thru it as fast as I can, because I feel like if I start a novel, I just HAVE to finish...
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 03:19 PM   #191
Fatal9
owwwww

Fatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Read this only as one of those "junior classics" type of books a long time ago so I'm starting the real version now. Really loved this story growing up. Been reading a lot of childhood favorites because I cleaned out the basement and found/organized these books. Just in the last week I read, Through the Looking Glass, Tom Sawyer, little bit of Enid Blyton, and all of them remain as great as ever. Tom Sawyer is easily the greatest childhood book for any young boy imo.
Fatal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 03:47 PM   #192
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN

How is it? I got throught the first 40 pages and couldnt get into it at all.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:39 PM   #193
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's a very interesting read so far. In fact, I find that what the most revealing part of the Bible is that personally, I agree with quite a lot of what Jesus says, in terms of what you should and shouldn't do, but disagree with whether I should worship a God or not. A lot of things he says makes sense, but I have trouble recognising the guy up there.

Plus, I find it very refreshing to finally see the stories which I've heard so much about (the flood, Joseph as ruler of Egypt, Abraham, Jesus's birth, parables, healings and death) written as they were, not embellished or filled out with length conversations. I've read Genesis, and on the advice of my friends skipped straight to the New Testament. I've finished Mathew, Mark and Luke, and am halfway through John.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:59 PM   #194
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantonli

It's a very interesting read so far. In fact, I find that what the most revealing part of the Bible is that personally, I agree with quite a lot of what Jesus says, in terms of what you should and shouldn't do, but disagree with whether I should worship a God or not. A lot of things he says makes sense, but I have trouble recognising the guy up there.

Plus, I find it very refreshing to finally see the stories which I've heard so much about (the flood, Joseph as ruler of Egypt, Abraham, Jesus's birth, parables, healings and death) written as they were, not embellished or filled out with length conversations. I've read Genesis, and on the advice of my friends skipped straight to the New Testament. I've finished Mathew, Mark and Luke, and am halfway through John.

how do you skip the old testament?

the old testament is most relevant part.. you gotta at least read Psalms, Proverbs, Solomon, & Job.... some deep messages in those books
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:08 PM   #195
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
how do you skip the old testament?

the old testament is most relevant part.. you gotta at least read Psalms, Proverbs, Solomon, & Job.... some deep messages in those books

I think the way he's doing it is okay. He can come back to the Old Testament and read the books you mentioned without thinking that he has to tackle Hebrew Law and all the "begat stuff" to get through it. A lot of people who try to read the Bible from beginning to end never get through the Old Testament.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: