Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-15-2013, 08:10 AM   #2596
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: What are you reading?

P.S. On a sidenote, I have an expired e-mail address from my college that I haven't changed on my Amazon account. Apparently Amazon doesn't know its expired and offered me Amazon prime for $39/year. Guess I'll be ordering more books with the free shipping
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:39 AM   #2597
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:41 AM   #2598
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Fascinating story that begins in rural Ethiopia where an infant Samuelsson, his sister and mother were dying of TB during an outbreak in the 70s. Seeking medical care they travel on foot to the capital where his mother dies. He and his sister recover and are adopted by a Swedish family. The book then chronicles Samuelsson's early influences and his rise in the culinary world to become a renowned chef.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:43 AM   #2599
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher

One of my all time faves. I need to read it again.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:53 AM   #2600
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

along with some terribly dry law books
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:55 AM   #2601
JerryWest
kobeee!!

JerryWest posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryJerryWest posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

JerryWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:06 AM   #2602
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Do me a favor ISH, and read this: http://www.scribd.com/doc/120338835/The-Camera-Girl

Feedback is welcome.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:17 AM   #2603
thebirdman
Kids at the park dunk on me

thebirdman is considered somewhat coolthebirdman is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7

Great little book

i read this a few months ago and loved it for its creativity and imagination. what an amazing idea. unfortunately i think some of the stories went over my head and i didn't fully understand the point he was making with them, but loved it when i did.

i should probably read it again.

i finished this a couple of weeks ago:

i was sceptical about reading a vampire novel with the overflow of fangs in pop culture at the moment, but i enjoyed it. i found the writing cheesey sometimes (just read the strap line on the cover) and the dialogue bugged me a few times. this stuff didn't really matter, though, because i liked the story enough to finish it very quickly by my standards.
thebirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:31 AM   #2604
heyhey
stay mad golden state

heyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
So I just browsed through Amazon's best books of 2012 list and got the following:

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (thanks to irondarts)
The Thief by Fuminori Nakamura
Fooling Houdini by Alex Stone
Days of Destruction, Days of Revolt by Chris Hedges
How to be a Person: The Strangers Guide to College, Sex, Intoxicants, Tacos, and Life Itself
that's the one book I have read of that list, I guess I didn't do much reading in 2012 lol, but it was a great and fast read. I think you can finish it in one sitting if you start early in the day, definitely grabs you. the premise felt like it bit Dostoyevsky a little hard but is a much faster and easier read.
heyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:15 PM   #2605
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here

Just finished this in one sitting:

Good story, great ending.
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:51 PM   #2606
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Just started after watching Lincoln. Pretty interesting so far
KingBeasley08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:49 AM   #2607
Waking_Life
El Fuego Del Saber

Waking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryWest

Waking_Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:43 PM   #2608
Waking_Life
El Fuego Del Saber

Waking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Waking_Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:08 PM   #2609
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Just finished this book and I thought it was pretty interesting in the way that it made connections between magic and the use of psychology, math, and even a bit of physics. The mentalist portion of the book was probably the most interesting as it went into detail about how people like John Edward and psychics are able to play on people's emotions and mental states to take advantage and make it seem like what they're doing is real.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:11 PM   #2610
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by code green
Just finished this in one sitting:

Good story, great ending.

enjoyed it. the ending was anti climactic.

so far, so good. a depressing story, though. it's about an innocent man on Texas' death row.
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: