Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-20-2009, 03:33 PM   #31
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What are you reading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockbttm88
He'll be just fine I'm sure. The world seems to be dumbing itself down to meet his needs and the needs of people like him

Maybe hippos was being facetious? He's among the more well-read here.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:35 PM   #32
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
what a surprise...

There's a long fall off the high horse. Just saying.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:36 PM   #33
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Zen, I like you, but you type like a complete creep.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:37 PM   #34
Clifton
talk less, say more

Clifton is considered somewhat coolClifton is considered somewhat cool

Hippos has read more good books than everyone else in this thread put together. He was joking.
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:38 PM   #35
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
more like superfluous in my view

I'm simply balancing out ISH I suppose.

Too much of a good thing such as MLH and RBP can be harmful too. Just like water.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:39 PM   #36
Bean
Local High School Star

Bean is a pretty well-respected posterBean is a pretty well-respected posterBean is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
Zen, I like you, but you type like a complete creep.
Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:42 PM   #37
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

I really do feel remorse for hijacking yet another thread for my own amusement. My apologies.

BTW, my first post was indeed poking fun at the numbskulls on this board. However, this apology is quite serious. Sarcasm twice in one thread is unwarranted.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:00 PM   #38
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Just got my hands on this:

MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:09 PM   #39
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Last year my wife bought me this 3-volume set:

I just started the first book, which, at 800 pages is the smallest of the 3. Looks like this will occupy my reading time well into summer. What's on your night stand?

One of my friends downloaded Ken Burns Civil War (a PBS mini-series) and it got passed around the crew and most of us have now seen it. Shelby Foote (the above author) is interviewed throughout and is a very interesting cat.

Now, almost everyone does a Shelby Foote imitation and people will randomly start telling stories or talking Shelby Foote style. It is fucking awesome.

The guy has brought hours of comedy to my life.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:17 PM   #40
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
One of my friends downloaded Ken Burns Civil War (a PBS mini-series) and it got passed around the crew and most of us have now seen it. Shelby Foote (the above author) is interviewed throughout and is a very interesting cat.

Now, almost everyone does a Shelby Foote imitation and people will randomly start telling stories or talking Shelby Foote style. It is fucking awesome.

I own Ken Burns series on Baseball titled "Baseball" quite possibly one of coolest things I own and one of the dopest series ever.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:19 PM   #41
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
I own Ken Burns series on Baseball titled "Baseball" quite possibly one of coolest things I own and one of the dopest series ever.

I got that bad boy too, on VHS. I got it way back in my yoot. I was always hoping he'd put a tenth inning in to cover the 'steroid era' because he basically left off right at the beginning of it.

You'd like Ken Burns Civil War, same quality.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:20 PM   #42
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo

Yeah, he was the best part of that series, and a fellow Tarheel. Dude passed away recently.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:20 PM   #43
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

For the 4th time.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:22 PM   #44
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher

For the 4th time.

Did Rasheed1 mail it to you?
Old 04-20-2009, 08:27 PM   #45
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Ginger Man by JP Donleavy for about the 5th time. Thinking about checking out Pynchon's Gravity's Rainbow next.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: