Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-04-2010, 12:50 PM   #721
El Seano
Hey Boston! **** you!

El Seano has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What are you reading?

The funniest travel writer ever. Probably the 4th time I've read it.

I gave up on The Book Of Basketball around the time he got to Barkley and Malone in the pyramid. I just stopped caring what the guy thought anymore. I was gonna start in on The Art Of A Beautiful Game but slogging through Simmons book sucked the will to read about basketball from me.
El Seano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 03:43 PM   #722
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Fallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I was torn between a bunch of stuff, and finally decided to go with some light, ascerbic fiction, which I rarely read. So I just started Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. Obviously a satirical retelling.

I've just started, but it's not really my thing. Even with zombies, I'm not a fan of the time period. And it's written in those short disjointed chapters, just like the real PnP, with the stuffy language that's particularly tricky with regard to describing zombie attacks. Mr. Darcy is a bad mo-fo though. And all of the daughters are well schooled in the deadly arts.

I'll stick it out.

haha, Ive seen the cover but never took the time to read it. My sister would love to go into an in depth conversation with you about it though im sure.
Fallguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 06:04 PM   #723
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Seano

The funniest travel writer ever. Probably the 4th time I've read it.

That book sucks come c*ck. Bryson is a douche, who tries waaaaaay too hard to be funny.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 07:46 PM   #724
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Fallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
That book sucks come c*ck. Bryson is a douche, who tries waaaaaay too hard to be funny.

but look at the bear on the front cover... LOOK AT IT!!!

isnt it adorable enough to compensate?
Fallguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:26 PM   #725
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I was curious about Pride and Prejudice and Zombies but I have not picked it up since, like Thorp, I really dislike Victorian era material. Not that the Victorian stories arent good, they just dont appeal to my sensibilities.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:30 PM   #726
LA KB24
LAL|LAC

LA KB24 has an OK reputation so far

LA KB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:32 PM   #727
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Survivor is sooo good. Its my favorite Palahniuk novel.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:34 PM   #728
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Anybody know of a good book(s) about Gandhi?
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:34 PM   #729
LA KB24
LAL|LAC

LA KB24 has an OK reputation so far

I love it so far, can't stop reading. I'm about 3/4ths of the way through and I got it 3 or 4 days ago lol.
LA KB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:36 PM   #730
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA KB24
I love it so far, can't stop reading. I'm about 3/4ths of the way through and I got it 3 or 4 days ago lol.

I loved the way the story ended and the end actions of the main character. I hope you post your reaction to the ending, here, when you finish it.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:39 PM   #731
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Anybody know of a good book(s) about Gandhi?

Gandhi An Autobiography: The Story of My Experiments With Truth by Mahadev H. Desai

The Gospel of Selfless Action: Or the Gita According to Gandhi by Mahatma Gandhi

Old 05-04-2010, 10:42 PM   #732
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Looks like I just found my first bit of summer reading now that school is done with.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:53 PM   #733
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7

Looks like I just found my first bit of summer reading now that school is done with.

Hope you enjoy.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:14 AM   #734
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

Old 05-10-2010, 03:19 AM   #735
Quata
TheBogeyOne

Quata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation here

Remember be here now by Ram Dass aka Richard Alpert (yes, lost stole his name along with lots of other prevalent philosophers/scientists).
Just got it in the mail, not sure how im going to tackle reading this bad boy, its set out is very unique. Might wait till after finals then immerse myself in it.
Quata is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: