Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-28-2010, 10:21 AM   #796
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What are you reading?

9/10

The first book in his Nathan Zuckerman series. Fantastic book.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 10:27 AM   #797
YouGotServed
Brazil 2014

YouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN

Awesome book to read....
YouGotServed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 10:27 AM   #798
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Now i intend on finally getting through this:

Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 03:32 PM   #799
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
You should read some M.C. he wont dissapoint:

Its much more than what it seems on the surface.

Definitely is a good book. Michael Connelly is one of my favorite authors, but I just feel like the main character (Harry Bosch) that is in most of his books is just too dark for my taste. Slightly depressing personality tbh but the action is pretty good. I read about half of his books in my freshmen/sophomore year of HS, but I still have a bunch more that I have to read by him. might do it sometime in the future
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 02:11 PM   #800
ZeN

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
Definitely is a good book. Michael Connelly is one of my favorite authors, but I just feel like the main character (Harry Bosch) that is in most of his books is just too dark for my taste. Slightly depressing personality tbh but the action is pretty good. I read about half of his books in my freshmen/sophomore year of HS, but I still have a bunch more that I have to read by him. might do it sometime in the future

The fact that Bosch is so dark and despondent makes me love the character. Hes badass but real at the same time. Dark is completely my taste.

If you want something that is brighter.. you should read 'The Lincoln Lawyer' and its sequel 'The Brass Verdict'. The main character in those called Mickey Haller is not as dark. They are great novels as Connelly usually delivers.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 02:56 PM   #801
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

hmmm... still looking for a book. not completely sure Connelly is my type of author. looking over my books that i've read recently, it seems like i've been reading alot of books that have a fairly modern setting, but with some sort of twist, (book thief = narrated by death, midnight children = superpowers, kafka on the shore = talking to cats (for example).

anyone know anything like that.
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 10:22 PM   #802
ZeN

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Joker
hmmm... still looking for a book. not completely sure Connelly is my type of author. looking over my books that i've read recently, it seems like i've been reading alot of books that have a fairly modern setting, but with some sort of twist, (book thief = narrated by death, midnight children = superpowers, kafka on the shore = talking to cats (for example).

anyone know anything like that.

You are on your own..
Old 05-29-2010, 10:26 PM   #803
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
You are on your own..
damn. i thought ZeN would have a book on tap for me haha
Old 05-29-2010, 10:29 PM   #804
ZeN

Quote:
damn. i thought ZeN would have a book on tap for me haha
With all due respect, I feel you are looking for such a specific book that you wont find it.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:34 PM   #805
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
With all due respect, I feel you are looking for such a specific book that you wont find it.
that not good to hear haha

i didn't think i was being that specific. just a novel with some sort of supernatural twist
Old 05-29-2010, 10:36 PM   #806
ZeN

Quote:

i didn't think i was being that specific. just a novel with some sort of supernatural twist

The Ruins?

Dont be persuaded by the film that was horrible.. because the novel was splendid.

Old 05-29-2010, 10:40 PM   #807
ZeN

Quote:

Theres a bunch of novels out there as long as you give em a chance. And sorry if Im sounding like an ass.. cause Im reading my words and they sound rather jerkish..
Old 05-29-2010, 10:58 PM   #808
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
Theres a bunch of novels out there as long as you give em a chance. And sorry if Im sounding like an ass.. cause Im reading my words and they sound rather jerkish..
oh no worries. i know you just trying to help out
Old 05-29-2010, 11:18 PM   #809
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

i think i'm going to go with this

haven't read much Science fiction, but this looks interesting
Old 05-30-2010, 04:34 AM   #810
ZeN

Quote:
i think i'm going to go with this

haven't read much Science fiction, but this looks interesting

I havent read this, but it looks interesting. It would be cool if you drop a note about how you found it to be. I would appreciate it.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: