Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-04-2010, 11:41 PM   #826
ZeN
PsychedelicHentaiNazi

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What are you reading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
You're way too hard on yourself. You are probably the most prolific reader here.

I think thats true. Yet, its funny to me because I feel I'm not well read since I all read is fiction novels. I havent read much of what they call brilliant literature.. mostly Sci-fi, Mysteries, and Crime Fiction. I may not be the most intellectual reader but I doubt anyone else on ISH reads with the fervor that I do.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:25 AM   #827
ZeN
PsychedelicHentaiNazi

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Right now Im reading 61 Hours by Lee Child. Im about 3/4 done..

Old 06-06-2010, 01:02 AM   #828
zabuza666
Local High School Star

zabuza666 has an OK reputation so far

Anyone else here read the Sharpe series? I'm reading them at the moment.

They're ****ing sick
zabuza666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:57 PM   #829
ZeN
PsychedelicHentaiNazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabuza666
Anyone else here read the Sharpe series? I'm reading them at the moment.

They're ****ing sick

Is it about the Army? Like man fiction or less focused on the main character?

Im weary of Bernard Cornwell..
Old 06-06-2010, 11:46 PM   #830
Fuhqueue
Pick and rofl offence

Fuhqueue is considered somewhat coolFuhqueue is considered somewhat coolFuhqueue is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
I randomly entered a thrift store with my wife yesterday. I immediately saw a section for books in the back, so I pushed her aside into a pile of clothing, and rant to the books. I expected to see a bunch of random old books. I was looking to find maybe one or two that would capture my attention. However, to my surprise they had a lot of books and large quantity of them were new, meaning released in the past years. Some of them were books that I would have boughten at regular prices. I ended up purchasing 10 books for 5 bucks. Two of those being books that I would have payed full price for. It was awesome to find them.. and now I have enough books for the next month..
Charity shops and second hand bookstores are the SHIT. Most of my books are second hand, whenever I'm with people who insist on shopping I wander off and rummage through discount bookshops/thrift stores searching for the gems

I must have over a hundred unread books which I snapped up under the "too good/too much of a bargain to NOT buy" rule
Fuhqueue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:16 AM   #831
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here

this book really has it all. it's funny, it's sad, it's creepy, and it does a great job of telling a story and sending a message. definitely recommend this.
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:43 AM   #832
ZeN
PsychedelicHentaiNazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhqueue
I must have over a hundred unread books which I snapped up under the "too good/too much of a bargain to NOT buy" rule

oh I totally feel you there.. on that day that I was in the shop, I felt like pavlov's dog.. literary orgasmic.. no literomo..
Old 06-07-2010, 12:54 AM   #833
Quata
TheBogeyOne

Quata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation here

exam fun times!
Quata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:56 AM   #834
lilkobe
Banned

lilkobe has an OK reputation so far

enders game, it's pretty good im halfway though, i have to say I relate to the megalomaniac and genius tendencies of the lead characters
lilkobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:57 AM   #835
Quata
TheBogeyOne

Quata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizno

this book really has it all. it's funny, it's sad, it's creepy, and it does a great job of telling a story and sending a message. definitely recommend this.
make sure you follow it up with

dude was huge tripper.
Quata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:17 AM   #836
Rizko
EroticVanilla

Rizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilkobe
enders game, it's pretty good im halfway though, i have to say I relate to the megalomaniac and genius tendencies of the lead characters
So relate to the "delusional mental disorder that is marked by feelings of personal omnipotence and grandeur" that the main characters go through in the book?

Megalomania
Rizko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:21 AM   #837
lilkobe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizko
So relate to the "delusional mental disorder that is marked by feelings of personal omnipotence and grandeur" that the main characters go through in the book?

Megalomania

yeh I am destined for huge things, congratulations you had to use google to learn what megalomania was XD
Old 06-07-2010, 01:28 AM   #838
Rizko
EroticVanilla

Rizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilkobe
yeh I am destined for huge things, congratulations you had to use google to learn what megalomania was XD
I knew what it was, but I couldn't properly word a definition. And the key thing with megalomania is the word "delusional", which in psychiatry is a pathological condition.

Just thought it was weird to see someone say they relate to megalomania is all
Rizko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:44 AM   #839
lilkobe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizko
I knew what it was, but I couldn't properly word a definition. And the key thing with megalomania is the word "delusional", which in psychiatry is a pathological condition.

Just thought it was weird to see someone say they relate to megalomania is all
I relate because I have megalomania only without the delusions lol, all I have are visions of a future reality.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:45 AM   #840
ZeN
PsychedelicHentaiNazi

The books I picked up at the thrift shop were not the best but I love getting books at a cheap cost.. a half a buck for a book.. FTW..

These are the novels I picked up:

Last edited by ZeN : 06-07-2010 at 04:47 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: