Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-13-2010, 01:31 AM   #931
Juges8932
Land of Ownst

Juges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: What are you reading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
First I was like: Then I turned:

Reaction Due To Your Being In The Comic Book Draft..

Haha, I like the characters/cartoons/movies, but the comics just come off as unbearably cheesy to me.

(At least the older ones. I haven't looked at a comic in IDK how long, lol)
Juges8932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 04:36 AM   #932
ZeN
PsychedelicHentaiNazi

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juges8932
Haha, I like the characters/cartoons/movies, but the comics just come off as unbearably cheesy to me.

(At least the older ones. I haven't looked at a comic in IDK how long, lol)
If you find the right type, im surfe theres some modern works you would enjoy. Its all about finding the books that fit your taste. Theres a lot of non-cheesy stuff out there.. I prefer dark content myself.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:08 AM   #933
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Most comics now are all grimdark anyways after Frank Miller. Marvel is trying to move back into a more innocent age with its Heroic Age thing but I doubt it will last. The comics are less cheesy than the movies imo. They don't have to cater to the average consumer who knows nothing about the mythology.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:50 AM   #934
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't remember when I last updated here, anyway the last books I've read are:

Stendhal / The Red and the Black - great novel, i'll give it 4 stars

Erri De Luca / Il peso della farfalla (The weight of the butterfly) - nothing to be excited about, 2 stars.

Samuel Beckett / Waiting for Godot - Weird and funny, 3 stars

now reading:
Jonathan Safran Foer / Everything Is Illuminated
Jasi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:36 AM   #935
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

As far as comics:

I've been keeping up to date while reading some old X-men like Pheonix and Dark Pheonix saga.

I just bought the complete collection of Franz Kafka's short stories and I'm pretty excited about it.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:34 AM   #936
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Just copped:

&

Never read a full comic/g novel before
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:35 AM   #937
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
As far as comics:

I've been keeping up to date while reading some old X-men like Pheonix and Dark Pheonix saga.

I just bought the complete collection of Franz Kafka's short stories and I'm pretty excited about it.

I have Amerika
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:17 AM   #938
ZeN
PsychedelicHentaiNazi

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
Just copped:

&

Never read a full comic/g novel before

Those two are sooooo goooood..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:19 AM   #939
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
I have Amerika

I was going to buy that but I only had enough for one book so I went with the short stories.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:01 AM   #940
GOAT24
LA ALL DAY

GOAT24 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I was going to buy that but I only had enough for one book so I went with the short stories.
How are they ?
GOAT24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:01 AM   #941
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Can't believe this thread was disturbed by shameless adverstising sb dunks. **** off.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:03 AM   #942
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT24
How are they ?

I haven't started yet, but I expect big things. It goes from long stories to short so the first half of the book will be more involved.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:16 AM   #943
GOAT24
LA ALL DAY

GOAT24 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I haven't started yet, but I expect big things. It goes from long stories to short so the first half of the book will be more involved.

Should be good I like his stuff

Just started

GOAT24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:38 AM   #944
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation

Just finished:

Just started:

Preston and Child are probably my favorite authors. I read The Relic when it came out and have hooked on them since.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:34 PM   #945
momo
Value Ape.

momo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Pretty great.
momo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: