Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-06-2009, 06:44 PM   #91
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What are you reading?

It's a required book for my english class but something I was interested in reading regardless. I dig the characters and storyline but the Romantic influence is a bit much for me. I understand Mary and Percy Shelley were big admirers of nature but the page after page of description and emotional impact of the landscape on the characters makes it tedious to read at points.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:19 PM   #92
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7

It's a required book for my english class but something I was interested in reading regardless. I dig the characters and storyline but the Romantic influence is a bit much for me. I understand Mary and Percy Shelley were big admirers of nature but the page after page of description and emotional impact of the landscape on the characters makes it tedious to read at points.

I agree. I've read books 10 times as long 10 times as fast. lol

Dracula is a much better book.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:43 PM   #93
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
I agree. I've read books 10 times as long 10 times as fast. lol

Dracula is a much better book.

Dracula is definitely on my list for summer reading that I hope to get around to. After Dracula I figured I would stick with the theme and go with I Am Legend. I've been meaning to read that book since seeing the movie.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:21 PM   #94
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The unequivocal bible of food science:

BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:28 PM   #95
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
I just bought this book and started it a week ago. I'm generally a one-book-at-a-time type a fella, but I think I'll keep some fiction going at the same time. Maybe finally get around to Catch-22.

I read on the jacket of the reissued hardcover that for every 750 people on earth, one copy of Brief History had been sold. Thinking about the percentage of people with zero access to any Western literature, that's a pretty astounding stat to consider.

I just read Un Petit Prince today. It had been too long. :)
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:26 PM   #96
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
Currently reading Everything Is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer.
i really dug this book
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:29 PM   #97
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:45 PM   #98
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
PUKE EMOTICON! I NEED A PUKE EMOTICON!!!
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:58 PM   #99
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
PUKE EMOTICON! I NEED A PUKE EMOTICON!!!
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:45 PM   #100
Fatal9
owwwww

Fatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7

When I go to Switzerland, I'll probably take this book with me. Those descriptions of the Swiss countryside/alps made me fall in love with that country.
Fatal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 10:09 PM   #101
Killbot
KillImpaleLiquefyLynch

Killbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Killbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 02:08 AM   #102
Kumo
ISH Jump Crew

Kumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat cool

Peace Like A River...

Just started it, its okay so far. Not totally my type of book, but well written.
Kumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 02:08 AM   #103
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal9
When I go to Switzerland, I'll probably take this book with me. Those descriptions of the Swiss countryside/alps made me fall in love with that country.

It might have made you fall in love with the Swiss countryside but it made me fall out of love with the book. It does give some beautiful descriptions of Geneva and the surrounding wilderness.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:09 AM   #104
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

This may be my favorite thread ever on ISH. So many great books that I want to read that I have yet to get to.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:09 AM   #105
NastaMaverick
College superstar

NastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

To Kill A Mockingbird.
Its for school. but Im actually rather enjoying it.
NastaMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: