Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-01-2010, 06:46 PM   #1036
Enigmatism
Raving Lunatic

Enigmatism has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What are you reading?

Kinda spread out over 3 books at the moment:
Farewell to Arms
Rise of Endymion
The Stand
Enigmatism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:12 PM   #1037
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here

i picked up a book called Raven from the library earlier today. I saw a documentary on the Jim Jones cult on the history channel, and it piqued my interest. One of the reporters that actually survived the visit to the People's Temple wrote the book....should be a great read. Heartbreaking, but great.

code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:36 PM   #1038
vinsane01
National High School Star

vinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this board

Ayn Rand's THE FOUNTAINHEAD.

I originally was intrigued to read atlas shrugged but bought this instead. Im half way through and so far i found it surprisingly interesting and a fun read in its own right.
vinsane01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 12:01 PM   #1039
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

9.5 / 10 - John Connolly's Every Dead Thing

Quote:
Winner of the Shamus Award for Best First Novel, 1999

An L.A. Times Book of the Year, 1999

Haunted by the unsolved slayings of his wife and young daughter, and tormented by his sense of guilt, former NYPD detective Charlie Parker is a man consumed by violence, regret and the desire for revenge. But when his ex-partner asks him to track down a missing girl, Parker embarks on an odyssey that is to lead him to the heart of organized crime; to an old black woman who dwells by a Louisiana swamp and hears the voices of the dead; to cellars of torture and murder; and to a serial killer unlike any other, an artist who uses the human body as his canvas and takes faces as his prize, the killer known only as the Traveling Man.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 12:07 PM   #1040
KareemCambell
Banned

KareemCambell is a pretty well-respected posterKareemCambell is a pretty well-respected posterKareemCambell is a pretty well-respected poster

the longman anthology of british literature
KareemCambell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 05:29 PM   #1041
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
9.5 / 10 - John Connolly's Every Dead Thing

This sounds pretty interesting, i think I will check it out
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 05:30 PM   #1042
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Animal Physiology
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:38 AM   #1043
LA KB24
LAL|LAC

LA KB24 has an OK reputation so far

Wanted to read a book on Jordan so I picked this up.
http://images.bookbyte.com/isbn.aspx?isbn=9780679415626

I might get "The Jordan Rules" too.

Last edited by LA KB24 : 10-09-2010 at 01:20 AM.
LA KB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 01:08 AM   #1044
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
Terribly written "classic".

Very close to finishing it (not because its bad, I've just been extremely busy) and I have to disagree.

Last edited by Jailblazers7 : 10-09-2010 at 10:35 AM.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 07:27 AM   #1045
RapsLakers

My Life from Magic Johnson
Old 10-09-2010, 07:52 AM   #1046
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm about half way through Michael Connellys new novel, called 'The Reversal'.

It seems so far like one of his best yet...
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 10:35 AM   #1047
Granny Danger
Kids at the park dunk on me

Granny Danger has decent reputation

Nick Cave: The death of Bunny Munro.

I'm halfway through but won't finish it.
He tries too hard to be disturbing.
5,5/10

Anyone know of a descent IMDB-like site for books?

Last edited by Granny Danger : 10-09-2010 at 08:50 PM.
Granny Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:04 AM   #1048
VishaltotheG
College star

VishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

VishaltotheG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:03 PM   #1049
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Finally finished To Kill a Mockingbird. Loved it, especially the ending.

I'll be reading either Much Ado About Nothing or The Merchant of Vencie by Skeaspeare next.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:09 PM   #1050
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
I'm about half way through Michael Connellys new novel, called 'The Reversal'.

It seems so far like one of his best yet...

That's my next choice after finishing Stieg Larsson's trilogy. Tell me how you liked it.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: