Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-14-2010, 10:58 PM   #1096
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: What are you reading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements

Just started it.
I bought it a while back but havent gotten around to reading it. Any good?
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:16 PM   #1097
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher

Click the pic.

For anyone who would like to join the ISH group on goodreads.com.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:27 PM   #1098
chrisxuk

Thinking about picking up Jay Z's Decoded later this week.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:48 PM   #1099
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
Not sure what ill be reading next. I may return to 'Girl That Played With Fire' or may just start a different novel.

Finished that one 2 weeks ago. Just started:

rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:52 PM   #1100
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Finished that one 2 weeks ago. Just started:

I got stuck on Played with Fire about 200 pages in.. Did you end up enjoying the ending or was it still slow all the way to the end?
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:54 PM   #1101
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Join ISH's Own GoodReads group:

Click the pic.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:42 AM   #1102
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Road by Cormac McCarthy - 10/10

Last edited by ZeN : 07-02-2012 at 10:05 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:50 AM   #1103
Mathius 2.0
F*cking Morons

Mathius 2.0 has a terrific reputationMathius 2.0 has a terrific reputationMathius 2.0 has a terrific reputationMathius 2.0 has a terrific reputationMathius 2.0 has a terrific reputationMathius 2.0 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
The Road by Cormac McCarthy - 9/10

That's on my list to read next. I thought the movie was excellent.
Mathius 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:05 PM   #1104
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius 2.0
That's on my list to read next. I thought the movie was excellent.
the movie did a surprisingly good job of conveying most of the facets of the book. i am currently reading, my confession by sam chamberlin, which is the historical record of the glanton gang. this is the basis for my favorite mccarthy book, blood meridian.
http://tshaonline.org/supsites/chamber/

its pretty entertaining (and Im not even to the scalp hunter part) with lots of great paintings by chamberlin himself.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:31 PM   #1105
alenleomessi
hey girl

alenleomessi posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryalenleomessi posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Nothing
alenleomessi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:46 PM   #1106
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
I got stuck on Played with Fire about 200 pages in.. Did you end up enjoying the ending or was it still slow all the way to the end?

It did drag in the middle but it picks up nicely if you can get through it. The ending basically sets up the next book.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:21 PM   #1107
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

Quote:
It did drag in the middle but it picks up nicely if you can get through it. The ending basically sets up the next book.
I read about 150 more pages last night.. and it is becoming somewhat interesting. I just get winded with the authors verbosity. He sure likes to pack in the info, even if a good amount is arguably unnecessary. I should get done with it in a couple of days.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:35 PM   #1108
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
I read about 150 more pages last night.. and it is becoming somewhat interesting. I just get winded with the authors verbosity. He sure likes to pack in the info, even if a good amount is arguably unnecessary. I should get done with it in a couple of days.

Yeah I agree. The whole police investigation thing was getting to me after a while. I'm like "I want more Lisbeth."
Old 11-16-2010, 01:45 PM   #1109
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

Crusade. This is the sequel to my favorite zombie novel of all time....Eden. I'm only about a third of the way through. It starts out with a bang…..lots of zombie annihilation. Then the character development begins. I would recommend reading the first before reading Crusade.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 01:48 PM   #1110
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

Quote:
Yeah I agree. The whole police investigation thing was getting to me after a while. I'm like "I want more Lisbeth."

Thats precisely what Im talking bout
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: