Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-16-2010, 05:21 PM   #1111
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation
Default Re: What are you reading?

Come on people neg rep me because i read nothing
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:27 PM   #1112
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
7/10 - Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Linsay

I wouldnt recommend this novel to fans of the show. Its a different kind of Dexter.. hes not as likable and his personality isn't explored as great as the show does. Much like the comparison of True Blood to the novel.. Dexter the television show, takes the good ideas from the first novel and expands them to a brilliant scale. The book has great ideas but the execution of the story, particularly the ending.. left me wanting. I read online that the next books goes completely away from the television shows situations.. so I may read them, treating them as 'alternate universe' type stories.. If they are similar to the first Dexter novel.. then im not so sure that I will enjoy reading them.
This book sucks big time
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:30 PM   #1113
Quata
TheBogeyOne

Quata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation here

Holiday time, off for a bit over 3 months until uni starts up again. That means lots of time at the beach and lots of time reading!

Starting off with:

Quata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:32 PM   #1114
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sherlock Holmes short stories volume 1.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:18 PM   #1115
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson - 8/10

ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:30 PM   #1116
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Bite Me: A Love Story by Christopher Moore - 7/10

Its not one of his better novels.. I hope in his next novel he returns to concepts and subject matter that are a bit more inspired..

Old 11-18-2010, 12:31 PM   #1117
chrisxuk

Just went to 2 of my local book store's to get Jay Z - Decoded (Only came out today, here in England) and neither of them aren't getting any in stock until next week.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:45 PM   #1118
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

Prayers for Rain by Dennis Lehane - 9/10

Old 11-23-2010, 07:12 PM   #1119
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Zen, did you already finish the previous three, or do you read several books at once?
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:30 PM   #1120
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Im currently working Absalom, Absalom! By Faulkner and finishing up Jack Johnson's bio Unforgivable Blackness.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:41 PM   #1121
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
Zen, did you already finish the previous three, or do you read several books at once?
Im done with all of them.

Everytime I post a pic + rating, its because Ive already finished reading it. The reason why the dates I finished them are so close, is because two of them I had already been reading.

'The Girl That Played With Fire' took me at least a week and a half to finish. I had read 200 pages, then put it down.. then 100 pages, then put it down.. and so forth.

I had actually read half of 'Bite Me' a month ago but I placed it down and never returned to it. So I finished the second half in one day when I decided to pick it back up.

'Prayers for Rain' took me a couple of days to finish. Due to my being able to work and read simultaneously.. I am able to finish books quickly.

Now Im debating weather reading Moonlight Mile the latest Lehane novel or the latest Reacher novel 'Worth Dying For' by Lee Child.. which just was released, also.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:05 PM   #1122
Juges8932
Land of Ownst

Juges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
Sherlock Holmes short stories volume 1.

I read about 200 pages or so from that book and had to stop. I was going to grind through it for the sake of it, but didn't find it worth it.

Just finished:

Now about to start:

I was on Sandstorm for forever. It was good, but IDK, I just got bored of it. Then finally, I just finished the last 60 pages this past weekend because there are so many books I have on my list that I want to blast through, but hadn't because I wanted to finish Sandstorm first (If I had gone on to another book, I would never go back and finish it, lol).
Juges8932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:28 PM   #1123
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:35 PM   #1124
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
How inappropriate.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:45 PM   #1125
TennesseeFan
Banned

TennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this board

TennesseeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: