Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-10-2009, 02:13 AM   #106
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What are you reading?

Another repeat, our library has nothing
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 02:14 AM   #107
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastaMaverick
To Kill A Mockingbird.
Its for school. but Im actually rather enjoying it.

Good read. It was one of my favorite growing up. I also liked the movie (the 1962 version with Gregory Peck).
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 02:16 AM   #108
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

I finished the Tipping Point a few months ago, and Life of Pi last month. Both are great reads. Recently reading The 7 Habits of HIghly Effective Teens. No one in my class bothered to even open it, so I thought I'd give it a try.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 04:01 PM   #109
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Just as TIME polled hundreds of the best authors to get the ultimate best ever list, ISH should do the same. It would be cool if everyone did a top 10 and then someone would tally them up.

Of course many of the books could be selected only once, but I'm sure enough books would be selected multiple times to make this interesting.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 06:18 PM   #110
GreatGreg
College star

GreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

And

It's the winner of the national jewish book award, guys!!!
GreatGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 07:39 PM   #111
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
Just as TIME polled hundreds of the best authors to get the ultimate best ever list, ISH should do the same. It would be cool if everyone did a top 10 and then someone would tally them up.

Of course many of the books could be selected only once, but I'm sure enough books would be selected multiple times to make this interesting.
I have a feeling it would work much better with movies. Could be fun either way though. Start 'er on up!
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:48 PM   #112
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Finished Frankenstein this weekend and just started this today:

Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:00 PM   #113
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

BrooklynZoo has decent reputationBrooklynZoo has decent reputation

BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:39 AM   #114
Clifton
talk less, say more

Clifton is considered somewhat coolClifton is considered somewhat cool

Just read Steps by Jerzy Kosinski. It is in my top 5 of all time which is hard to break into. Check it out.

Imagine Kafka + David Lynch.
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:42 AM   #115
Clifton
talk less, say more

Clifton is considered somewhat coolClifton is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
I cant decide if its a great dark fast pace novel or an exploitation story that is merely full of shock value...
A lot of great stuff toes that line. I guess I couldn't really explain why Steps works while most other stuff of its kind fails with me. Steps is just like a punch in the gut and I can't not think about it.

Plus the style is just unlike anything else. The way a vignette will just end.

"Almost all of us on the jury were able to discuss and imagine how he had committed the crime and what had impelled him to do it. To clarify certain aspects of his case, some of the jurors acted out the role of the accused in an attempt to makethe rest of us understand his motives. After the trial, however, I realized that there was very little speculation in the jury room about the victim of the murder. Many of us could easily visualize ourselves in the act of killing, but few uf us could project ourselves into the act of being killed in any manner. We did our best to understand the murder: the murderer was a part of our lives; not so the victim."
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 03:07 AM   #116
playtetris
soundcloud->solarcism

playtetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski

i love this book. ignatius cracks me up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGreg

just finishing this off for the fifth time
playtetris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:34 AM   #117
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski

This is in my top ten greatest American novels.
rufuspaul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:09 PM   #118
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by playtetris
i love this book. ignatius cracks me up.

just finishing this off for the fifth time

Have you read The Count of Monte Cristo, and if so, which did you enjoy more?
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:40 PM   #119
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I checked it out from a jump-offs library. I always held off on seeing the film(which has led to my blackness being questioned) because I had never read the book.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:46 PM   #120
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

interesting thoughts on the nature of God in this book. I dont really agree with it all though. worth reading IMO.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: