Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 04-27-2009, 02:51 AM   #706
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: ISH 2009 NFL Simulation Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
Its hard ranking a player on such a bad team. If he put up the numbers he did and made the impact he did on a top team, him being in the top 5 would be a no brainer.

Last year I think Ngata was the 2nd best DT overall. His versatility allowed the Ravens to keep on trucking without Gregg.
It's definitely the other way around. It's a lot harder to put up good numbers when the team around you is garbage. When you're surrounded by as much talent as Ngata is, you don't get as much attention as you would if you say, played for the Browns.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:54 AM   #707
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

DirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Nice one.
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:55 AM   #708
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It was actually comical watching the Browns' defense last year, because Rogers would pretty much create general havoc while he was in there... if teams tried to run at him, they found nothing... If teams tried a playaction on first or second down, he would be in the backfield quicker than any of the Browns' blitzing linebackers or pass rushing defensive ends.

Then, when he would come out for a quick rest, teams would line up and run right up the gut for 15+ yard gains. This trend lasted from the opener until the final game of the season.

He also blocked several field goal attempts by simply bulling over long-snappers.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:56 AM   #709
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
It's definitely the other way around. It's a lot harder to put up good numbers when the team around you is garbage. When you're surrounded by as much talent as Ngata is, you don't get as much attention as you would if you say, played for the Browns.
I don't know about that. Ngata is overlooked by a lot of people. I've read from numerous sources that Ngata had the best year of any 3-4 nose tackle. I can't personally say that definitively but I can say he is elite. He is very versatile because he can play in the 4-3 and 3-4 and is the main reason the Ravens defense was as dominant as it was. If you recall Ray Lewis had a resurgence after Ngata became a Raven and Ray had publicly stated that the Ravens need to acquire a dominant NT and it has made all the difference. He really is a force.

Last edited by MarloStanfield : 04-27-2009 at 03:00 AM.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:58 AM   #710
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Pick has been PMed. I'm off to bed.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:03 AM   #711
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
Ngata got plenty of attention too. Obviously Ngatas fellow defenders are more talented but Jackson is a great guy to have behind you. Rogers is more of a pass-rush threat but Ngata is better overall. He was one of the biggest reasons the Ravens defense didnt drop off this past year.

Rogers also fell off in the 2nd half of the season. Credit that to his first year being a 3-4 NT I guess.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:27 AM   #712
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

stat take your time but you are up.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:32 AM   #713
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
stat take your time but you are up.
I picked.Completed the sickest front 7 in the league.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:15 PM   #714
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

next time write his name ruslan.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:22 PM   #715
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

n/m

Last edited by JohnnySic : 04-27-2009 at 01:40 PM.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:23 PM   #716
ruslan
Decent college freshman

ruslan is considered somewhat coolruslan is considered somewhat coolruslan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
next time write his name ruslan.
i dont know who im going to pick so i cant write but ill select now
ruslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:31 PM   #717
ruslan
Decent college freshman

ruslan is considered somewhat coolruslan is considered somewhat coolruslan is considered somewhat cool

Yo I got Darnell Dockett
ruslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:37 PM   #718
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

RBA you're on the clock.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:38 PM   #719
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputation

I want to trade 134 and 137 for someone with a pick in the 120 to 125 range.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:40 PM   #720
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
I want to trade 134 and 137 for someone with a pick in the 120 to 125 range.
why so late?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: