Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 05-13-2009, 01:08 AM   #1426
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: ISH 2009 NFL Simulation Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
sorry...

RBA is up I think

and it seems like RBA is MIA...
Whatever... You can say that I'm MIA when I initiate a profanity-laced, racist rant that holds up the draft for untold hours/days.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:10 AM   #1427
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Where is the draft thread? I can't find it.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:11 AM   #1428
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Where is the draft thread? I can't find it.
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=129047
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:13 AM   #1429
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Whatever... You can say that I'm MIA when I initiate a profanity-laced, racist rant that holds up the draft for untold hours/days.
Judaism is a religion sir...not a race...

I am just a measly bigot...

and I don't think I actually held up this draft...probably the All Time draft though...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:17 AM   #1430
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quick question...

How can Bill Cowher be chosen as a coach when he retired two years ago? Yes... He will eventually come back, but doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose of the whole premise of this draft (based solely on next season)?

Just sayin'...
Old 05-13-2009, 01:17 AM   #1431
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Quick question...

How can Bill Cowher be chosen as a coach when he retired two years ago? Yes... He will eventually come back, but doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose of the whole premise of this draft (based solely on next season)?

Just sayin'...
I asked that a couple times in here before I picked him...

no one would answer me...

he is physically capable of coaching right now in the same way that Brady is now capable of playing QB, so I don't see why not...
Old 05-13-2009, 01:19 AM   #1432
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

I'm taking Jeff Fisher, btw.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:25 AM   #1433
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I'm taking Jeff Fisher, btw.
great pick.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:57 AM   #1434
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

not trying to start an arguement here at all but I am posting a little on that Eagles board and there is a guy in there that is making some really good points on why Nnamdi Asomugha is overrated...

I know you love the guy Marlo, I hope you don't see this as an attack on you or anything...

anyway, in that thread some dude mentioned Nnamdi's name and declared him the best and another dude quoted and agreed...and then someone said "can we stop riding asomugha's nuts now?"...

then someone popped in and brought up a couple things...

1. the Raiders were ranked dead last on getting passed on as a team...no one passed on them, they couldn't stop the run so other teams just ran the ball 24/7 and they were rarely winning so other teams never needed to pass late in the game...they would just run out the clock running...no one tested Nnamdi late in games for the simple fact that no one ever had to...

2. (this is interesting) NO ONE HAS SEEN THE GUY PLAY!!!...if you are buying into the Nnamdi hype then you are just doing so by reading stats or what others say about him...due to the fact he was targeted so little...HE WAS NEVER ON CAMERA!!!...he was rarely mentioned or shown during games....and if you aren't a Raiders fan then it is safe to say you probably didn't care to watch them anyway...

he brought up the Broncos game and I did watch that but all I remember is Royal torching Hall...I think I made a thread in here after that game declaring Royal would win ROY after that...(must have been a primetime game)...

but yeah, during that game I don't ever remember anything about Nnamdi...i suppose that means he is doing his job....BUT NO ONE CAN SEE IT!!!

anyway...just a couple things I found interesting...
Old 05-13-2009, 02:09 AM   #1435
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Why should we care what some random fan on a message board thinks that probably has never watched him play.

Link to me to where an actual coach or scout or even a writer not some fan on a fantasy football forum.

Bill Belicheck was quoted as saying Nnamdi Asomugha was the most complete cornerback because he's elite.

Some obvious observations really aren't newsworthy, stop wasting peoples time.

I live in the Bay and watched the Raiders play close to a dozen games last year. You do know that Oakland is across the bridge?
Old 05-13-2009, 02:16 AM   #1436
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
Why should we care what some random fan on a message board thinks that probably has never watched him play.

Link to me to where an actual coach or scout or even a writer not some fan on a fantasy football forum.

Bill Belicheck was quoted as saying Nnamdi Asomugha was the most complete cornerback because he's elite.

Some obvious observations really aren't newsworthy, stop wasting peoples time.
It was in the Asante vs. Brown thread you made...

an Eagle die-hard...

the site you said is the best on the net and talked me into joining...

Did you read my post?...one of his points was that no one has seen the guy play because he wasn't ever shown...the camera was never pointed at him...and no one threw to him so no one ever saw him on T.V.

here is one of his posts:

random Eagle fan 1:

Quote:
can we all stop riding asomugha? please?

random Eagle fan 2 reply to that:

Quote:
They won't. Because he's got the super-duper CB height and weight that makes taters drool (6"2, 210). Not because they've seen him and know he's some great CB because I guarantee you none of these guys know whether or not he is or isn't. The best thing they say is "Oh, he's so good because because teams don't throw to his side" while failing to realize that teams don't throw at the Raiders at all. In fact they're they've been thrown at the least of all the NFL teams in the past 2 seasons.

However, that's obviously not because they have some super-duper awesome secondary. It's because.....

#1 they can't stop the run. (Led the NFL in rushing attempts against for the last 2 seasons)
#2 They can't get a lead. (Among the league leaders in least amount of points scored the past 2 seasons).

The games never show the entire field so I don't know how someone can tell whether or not he's shutting someone down or not. The best thing you could tell is if the ball went his way. Champ was the last shutdown corner I saw and when the ball went his way, he was usually all on him and got most of his picks inside the red zone (clutch). Denver would get leads and teams would be forced to throw. Oakland? Ehhhhhhh.... not so much.

you're the one telling me how great the site was...

honestly I should have known this might start an arguement but I thought he made interesting points...

and for the record, I am not going to say that he isn't the best...but it is intersting how some writer prints up some CB stats and suddenly everyone goes Aso crazy...
Old 05-13-2009, 02:19 AM   #1437
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Are you seriously fcking retarded? Because I said that the Eagles have a good forum that means that every single poster is a scout now?

STFU seriously.

I just told you Bill Belicheck called him the most complete corner he's seen you fcking troll.

How is it possible to be so fcking annoying? You're officially on my ignore list.

People go crazy about Nnamdi because he's the best corner in the league.

Last edited by MarloStanfield : 05-13-2009 at 02:22 AM.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:22 AM   #1438
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Marlo reminds me of Mathius when he gets in a debate.

Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:24 AM   #1439
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Marlo reminds me of Mathius when he gets in a debate.

Not even Mathius gets that angry.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:28 AM   #1440
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Primetime is so fcking irritating, I like the guy most of the time but I can't handle how he spews so much nonsense and continually speaks out of his a$$ on every subject under the sun.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: