Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-12-2006, 09:18 PM   #1
stoopidraptor
Kids at the park dunk on me

stoopidraptor has an OK reputation so far
Question Jorge Garbajosa - Raptor or Sun

The decision is firm, although it will not be official until the Unicaja culminates its activity in Liga ACB: Jorge Garbajosa (28 years, 2'04 m) will play the next season in the NBA. The club malagueño will make a last attempt to retain him (The offer to him to extend and to improve the present contract, that finishes in 2008), but the Madrilenian wing-pi'vot is certain to culminate its sport race in the NBA. It already has a firm supply of Toronto, perhaps but it chooses by another one with less competition in his position. Mike D'Antoni, that was his trainer in Treviso and now it directs to Phoenix Suns, has said that Jorge is his favorite player. It will be a rookie of 29 years.
stoopidraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 10:22 PM   #2
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

I think he'll become a better player in Phoenix with the system they're running right now.
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 11:00 PM   #3
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

The grammar in that article is pretty gross. It's so obvious its not an english person, I like it.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 09:22 AM   #4
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Is this guy good or what? I hadn't heard anything about him until about 2 weeks ago when this article came out about him coming to Toronto. It might have been longer, I just can't remember. It was just one of those nights.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 10:38 AM   #5
Spanish

Here you can see the statistics of Garbajosa on this season in the Spanish league:

http://www.acb.com/stspartidojug.php...cod_edicion=50

on the last column you can see the efficiency in each game.

Do you know something about the possibility of Gasol to play in Toronto next year with Calderon and Garbajosa???Today in Spain there is an article about that. It says that Toronto dreams with doing an "Spanish team" and it says that Memphis could be interested in exchange Gasol for the first pick in Draft 2006.
If anyone want to read the article, here you are:

http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/3...lo/658871.html

Sorry for my bad english, I hope you all can understand me
Old 06-13-2006, 10:19 PM   #6
Orealius
Great young streetballer

Orealius has an OK reputation so far

Dont know anything about the guy but if he goes to the Suns, he'll probably turn into a decent player.
Orealius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 11:53 PM   #7
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

OK, this is what I got from the article, some points and that there is an ACB league....I learned a lot from it.....but I didn't understand a lot of it...
Old 06-13-2006, 11:59 PM   #8
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

prolly has a chance to be a much better player on the Suns... if the rumour that colangelo has a deal on the table for him already is true, i think he's offering a bit too much $$$ for this guy.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 05:19 AM   #9
Spanish

Yesterday Garbajosa plays the last match of the semifinals of Spanish League (ACB)
His team win the game and now it is in the final against TAU.
Here are the statistics of Garbajosa yesterday:

MIN: 37
PTS: 13
FGM-A: 4-7 (57%)
3PM-A: 0-2 (0%)
FTM-A: 5-5 (100%)
REB:9 OFF:3 DEF:6
AST:1
ST:1
TO:1
PF:2 (He received 6 fouls)
BS: 0
EFFICIENCY: 22

I could see the game and he played a wonderful match. He was the key to win the game with his teammate Marcus Brown, who scored 31 points
Old 06-14-2006, 06:35 AM   #10
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

His percentages and rebounds sound pretty good.
Old 06-14-2006, 06:48 AM   #11
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He's a real solid player, and unlike NBA bigs, he hits his FTs...
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 07:07 AM   #12
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Is 22 for efficiency good? I'm not familiar with that stat.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:28 AM   #13
Spanish

In Spain:

EFF = (PTS + AST + REB + BS + ST + PF received + FTM + FGM + 3PM - TO - BS received - PF - FTA - FGA - 3PA)

I can see the match and with NBA rules he had made at least 3 assist (FIBA dont have the same rules in assist)

An efficiency of 22 is quite good. A normal efficiency here is about 15.

For example:

Gasol's last year in Spain: 16 (max:33)
Calderon's last year in Spain: 16 (max: 35)
And these are the numbers of players who plays or had played on ACB and NBA:

Curtis Bordchart (2006): 24 (max: 35) (he plays in a smaller team than Garbojosa's)
Charlie Bell (2005): 23 (max:43) (he was the only offensive player, so he shot all the balls)

This year Garbajosa has averaged 19 (max: 38)

You can see that 22 is a good amount
Old 06-14-2006, 11:35 AM   #14
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Okay thanks for explaining it all to me. He seems like a solid player.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:19 PM   #15
T-Low
College superstar

Pick this guy up. He is a definite option for this team. If they picked him up, this team could become a little more solid at the 5.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: