Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Golden State Warriors Forum

Golden State Warriors Forum Golden State Warriors message board - warriors fan forum

Old 04-21-2009, 03:34 PM   #1
BayAreaSportz
I hit open layups

Default Rebuild or Build?

The Warriors will have make a decision regarding the key players this Summer on whether to keep building on what they have or add some pieces so that they can compete next season and on. Portland was one of the worst teams in the league 2 years ago and now, they're the 3rd seed in the playoffs. They built their team through the draft and that method hasn't worked for the Warriors in 14 years, so maybe its time to go into a different direction.

My choice....BUILD...

1) Monta Ellis, after signing a huge contract, destroyed and divided this team more than he has helped it. Not a character guy with very little basketball knowledge. Relying solely on his athletic ability and may never grab a hold of the game. He maybe be talented, but I'd move him in a heartbeat if he could land a player like Josh Smith. With Bibby on his last year as well as Smith bumping heads with Coach Woodson, the Hawks may jump on this trade. Marvin Williams is also due for an extension and he virtually plays the same position as Smith. Both signed new deals with Ellis at $11M a year and Smith at $10.8 so financially, it works out perfectly.

2) Derrick Rose has taken the throne in Chicago and Hinrich is left on the side. Hinrich is still only 28 years old and entering the prime of his career. He's a solid defender, passer and scorer. He can also knock down the 3 at a good percentage. Hinrich is better than any other point guard option in the draft and would be ready to contribute right off the bat. He'd be a 17 points, 8 assist, 4 rebound guy with Nellie's offense. I'd trade the 7th pick along with Crawford (if he doesn't opt out) to the Bulls for Hinrich along with the 16th and 26th picks.

16th: Eric Maynor
26th: Gani Lawal

3) Line Up:

PG Hinrich - Maynor
SG Jackson - Belinelli - Morrow
SF Smith - Maggette - Azubuike
PF Randolph - Wright - Lawal
C Biedrins - Turiaf

Now you have defense and rebounding with the ability to still put up 105 ppg.
BayAreaSportz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:01 AM   #2
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Default Re: Rebuild or Build?

i think trading for hinrich is much more possible but even then again if the bulls dont keep gordon they will most likely keep hinrich

anyways your lineup does look good ill listen to your opinions carefully cuz in the thread that i bumped you made a bunch of good points and it turned out you were right

but back to the topic i say BUILD

this was our rebuilding year we need to bring in some young vets especially a point gaurd that is more of a passer that can play some D (oddly enough hinrich)

we got a 2 future PF unfortunetly i think one of them is gone this year (wright )

bedreins has shown that he improves every season hopefully he improves this next season

buike playing his natural postions is gonna get better

ill think of some more stuff later and post some more
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 04:05 PM   #3
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Default Re: Rebuild or Build?

I would say build, and trade Maggette/Randolph/Belinelli for Chris Bosh or something to that effect.

Monta
draft pick ---> Demar Derozan
Stephen Jackson
Chris Bosh
Andris Biedrins
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: