Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Golden State Warriors Forum

Golden State Warriors Forum Golden State Warriors message board - warriors fan forum

Old 05-04-2009, 08:35 PM   #1
BayAreaSportz
I hit open layups

Default Wanted - A Big Name Player and a Plan

You can go up and down this roster and you'd couldn't find a name that you can even mention in the same breath as a Lebron James, Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard, Dwayne Wade or Chris Paul. These are guys that not only help their teams win but puts fans in the stands as well as drawing television time. A marquee name that is a legitimate All-Star. There isn't a guy on this roster, not named Anthony Randoph, that I wouldn't give up for a player of that caliber and there maybe one available this Summer...Chris Bosh.

I love Biedrins as this team's center, but with him in the game, he doesn't make them head and shoulders better. I think he's reached his ceiling. What more can he do? He's never going to be an offensive juggernaut. He's never going to be a guy that can dazzle you with array of moves down low to get a score. He is what he is. A 6'11 power forward that isn't skilled enough to play that position at the next level. A good rebounder and foul prone. So if the Raptors say that the Warriors will have to include Biedrins in the deal then I'm all for it. Maggette, Belinelli, Biedrins and Azubuike for Bosh and Kapono. Coangelo gets another Italian star player in Belinelli to team up with Bargnani. A nice center and a SF to replace Marion. Calderon, Belinelli, Maggette, Bargnani and Biedrins would be a true international team.

In the mean time, the Warriors get that big named player in Chris Bosh. I'd much rather build a team with Chris Bosh as the PF (25 years old) than build a team around Biedrins.

Without the need for another young player from the draft, they should try and move the pick for an established starter. Possibly a Kirk Hinrich, who is behind Rose and getting paid $9M a year. With the Warriors under the cap (if Crawford opts out), then they can absorb the salary and hand the Bulls a trade exception that would be worth about $7M.

Also...send Monta Ellis to the Grizzlies for Darko Milicic and Mike Conley Jr. This gives them Warriors depth and makes them a playoff team even in the west. Check out this potential line up:

PG Hinrich - Conley
SG Jackson - Morrow
SF Randolph - Kapono
PF Bosh - Wright
C Turiaf - Milicic
BayAreaSportz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:17 PM   #2
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Default Re: Wanted - A Big Name Player and a Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaSportz
You can go up and down this roster and you'd couldn't find a name that you can even mention in the same breath as a Lebron James, Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard, Dwayne Wade or Chris Paul. These are guys that not only help their teams win but puts fans in the stands as well as drawing television time. A marquee name that is a legitimate All-Star. There isn't a guy on this roster, not named Anthony Randoph, that I wouldn't give up for a player of that caliber and there maybe one available this Summer...Chris Bosh. finding big names is very rare and very hard to do

I love Biedrins as this team's center, but with him in the game, he doesn't make them head and shoulders better. I think he's reached his ceiling. What more can he do? He's never going to be an offensive juggernaut. He's never going to be a guy that can dazzle you with array of moves down low to get a score. He is what he is. A 6'11 power forward that isn't skilled enough to play that position at the next level. A good rebounder and foul prone.
i think he can still grow his offenseive game nothing near dominating but 13-15 ppg somewhere around there hes only 22

So if the Raptors say that the Warriors will have to include Biedrins in the deal then I'm all for it. Maggette, Belinelli, Biedrins and Azubuike for Bosh and Kapono. Coangelo gets another Italian star player in Belinelli to team up with Bargnani. A nice center and a SF to replace Marion. Calderon, Belinelli, Maggette, Bargnani and Biedrins would be a true international team.
ouch that is too much for bosh i think we have the future bosh in brandon wright but if iam wrong still this is too much for bosh imo
In the mean time, the Warriors get that big named player in Chris Bosh. I'd much rather build a team with Chris Bosh as the PF (25 years old) than build a team around Biedrins.
true thats a no brainer
Without the need for another young player from the draft, they should try and move the pick for an established starter. Possibly a Kirk Hinrich, who is behind Rose and getting paid $9M a year. With the Warriors under the cap (if Crawford opts out), then they can absorb the salary and hand the Bulls a trade exception that would be worth about $7M.
the more and more you talk about hinrcih the more i start to really like him i think he would be a excellent fit here
Also...send Monta Ellis to the Grizzlies for Darko Milicic and Mike Conley Jr. This gives them Warriors depth and makes them a playoff team even in the west. Check out this potential line up:

PG Hinrich - Conley
SG Jackson - Morrow
SF Randolph - Kapono
PF Bosh - Wright
C Turiaf - Milicic

i dont think randolph has the skills to be a sf yet, i like how we have many good pg who are willing to pass our center position is weak turiaf is much more foul prone then beidrins

thats what i think
Brujesino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:34 AM   #3
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Only way we ever become a legitimate franchise is through the draft. Of course, we keep finishing in the 9th and 10th spot, meaning we will be stuck in mediocrity forever.

I wouldn't hold my breath for the Warriors front office to bring in a free agent superstar. Our strategy is to build All-Stars, and then ship them off to other teams.

edit- why would Bosh want to play for us? Even if we managed to trade for him, he'd hit the free agent market next year and be gone. Bosh wants to win, and the Warriors have been to playoffs once in the past 20 years. Bosh doesn't want to carry a team either, it's obvious. He will sign on with a team like Miami who already has a superstar.

I don't mean to sound negative, I actually love your ideas... but our front office is too stupid to make quality trades like that, and trying to add a superstar through free agency isn't going to work.

Last edited by bdreason : 05-06-2009 at 03:38 AM.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:38 PM   #4
GSW1984
I airball my layups

Unhappy Re: Wanted - A Big Name Player and a Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Only way we ever become a legitimate franchise is through the draft. Of course, we keep finishing in the 9th and 10th spot, meaning we will be stuck in mediocrity forever.

I wouldn't hold my breath for the Warriors front office to bring in a free agent superstar. Our strategy is to build All-Stars, and then ship them off to other teams.

edit- why would Bosh want to play for us? Even if we managed to trade for him, he'd hit the free agent market next year and be gone. Bosh wants to win, and the Warriors have been to playoffs once in the past 20 years. Bosh doesn't want to carry a team either, it's obvious. He will sign on with a team like Miami who already has a superstar.

I don't mean to sound negative, I actually love your ideas... but our front office is too stupid to make quality trades like that, and trying to add a superstar through free agency isn't going to work.

Agreed I have been pissed off with Warriors Management for like 15 years we get rid off all of our great players we let superstars go for mediocre coaches, horrible drafts, its not working we need new blood as General Manager somebody out side of the organization.
GSW1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:38 PM   #5
antonaki1
Serious playground baller

Biedrens and Stephen Jackson for Chris Bosh, and the Raptors 9th overall pick of this draft. You would get your team leader and could draft Johnny Flynn to fill your backcourt need. I'm Interested in what you guys think about a deal like this?
antonaki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:24 PM   #6
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonaki1
Biedrens and Stephen Jackson for Chris Bosh, and the Raptors 9th overall pick of this draft. You would get your team leader and could draft Johnny Flynn to fill your backcourt need. I'm Interested in what you guys think about a deal like this?

Brujesino is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: