Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-22-2009, 06:47 AM   #46
CarpeDiemKJ
I hit open layups

CarpeDiemKJ has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean-Jacques Wamutombo Appreciation Thread

Appreciated. I wished he would've gotten a ring, before his career concluded. Nonetheless, he achieved somethin' bigger than a ring. He made his dream of building a hospital in his homeland come to fruition, and to me, that's cool.
CarpeDiemKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 06:54 AM   #47
Foster5k
College star

Foster5k has not been impressing people
Default Re: Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean-Jacques Wamutombo Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biddy77
/respect

best mutombo memory ever...

"michael... you will not dunk on me."

and backing it up in his first ever game against MJ. BUT... he not only backed it up, he came back at the end of the game to rub it in that he had done so.

thanks for the memories, Mount Mutombo.

Jordan dunking on mutombo.. and doing the finger wave...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZLqrdxvCGs
Foster5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:03 AM   #48
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toizumi
:

the wrist band has a swastika on it.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:42 AM   #49
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

The_Yearning has decent reputationThe_Yearning has decent reputation

greg oden can only wish to have career numbers like deke when it's all said and done....cuz he definitely don't have the same impact.
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:44 AM   #50
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

Deke is my favorite Hawk ever. He is the man. The Hawks would be scary with a prime Deke at center now.

I saw him in person one day and got a good look at his Bentley. The front seat was so far back i don't think you could fit a shoebox in the back seat behind him.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:00 AM   #51
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Request: Mutombo Avatar Tribute

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jazzy Nets
I'll sport one if it's a laker. At least his elbow can do something unlike kobe, who just throws his when he doesn't get a foul called.

A. nice work on getting the 8th seed and an early summer vacation
B. pretty awesome you can work kobe bashing into this thread
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:24 AM   #52
Quata
TheBogeyOne

Quata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Request: Mutombo Avatar Tribute

repped!
Quata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:25 AM   #53
Alonzo Magic
Mourning Glory

Alonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation here

A gentleman of the game, he will be missed.

Alonzo Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:39 AM   #54
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year

DukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation here

My favorite igbo BBall player!
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:44 AM   #55
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Valliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat cool

You hear about players donating money for school gyms...Dikembe built an entire hospital in Africa through his fundraising and personal charity. By all accounts a truly wonderful person, by any standard. He had a great career and will be missed.
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:45 AM   #56
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year

DukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valliant13
You hear about players donating money for school gyms...Dikembe built an entire hospital in Africa through his fundraising and personal charity. By all accounts a truly wonderful person, by any standard. He had a great career and will be missed.

He sets an example that I wish other players would follow.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:27 AM   #57
utahjazzrock
Decent playground baller

utahjazzrock has an OK reputation so far

Terrible way to end career
Dude was great on and off court.Thank you Dikembe. Hopefully you et HOF and stick to b-ball like announcer or something
You wil be missed.
utahjazzrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:44 AM   #58
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Deke's playing days may be over, but I don't think we've heard the last of him. His work in Africa speaks for itself and I have no doubt that he'll never stop giving back to his homeland until the day he dies.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:51 AM   #59
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Awful way to go out, but he gave it his all during his entire career and was a legit NBA player till the very end as opposed to a guy just sticking around for a paycheck.

Damn, pretty much everyone that I remember from my youth is now gone.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:00 AM   #60
adizm_55
I airball my layups

adizm_55 has decent reputation

What a defensive inspiration. When they broke in with the news it ruined my entire night. Thanks for everything Mutombo.
adizm_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: