Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 03-20-2010, 12:39 PM   #1
TennesseeFan
Banned

TennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default NIT 2nd Round Thread

Any of you guys watching MSU/UNC? 64-64 with 3 minutes left
TennesseeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 12:42 PM   #2
TennesseeFan
Banned

TennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: NIT 2nd Round Thread

Heck of a shot by Johnson, heck of a block by Varnardo.

This Mississippi State team should be in the Big Dance...

Up 69-66...
Old 03-20-2010, 12:50 PM   #3
TennesseeFan
Banned

Hell of a shot by Will Graves, UNC is up 74-72 with 27 secs...
Old 03-20-2010, 01:02 PM   #4
TennesseeFan
Banned

Big shot by Larry Drew, UNC wins 76-74 on gamewinning layup with 2 seconds left.

Ole Miss won on Friday over Memphis, here are other games...

8Jacksonville at 5Texas Tech @ 3PM today winner plays 2Ole Miss
6NC State at 2UAB @ 5PM today winner plays 4North Carolina

6Nevada at 2Rhode Island @ 6PM on Monday winner plays the winner of...
4UConn at 1Virginia Tech @ 7PM on Monday

4Kent State at 1Illinois @ 8PM on Monday winner plays the winner of...
3Dayton at 2Cincinnati @ 9PM on Monday
Old 03-20-2010, 01:05 PM   #5
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

As a UNC fan I feel wrong for being so happy about winning an NIT game, but considering how bad this team has been at times this year, I can't help but be pretty excited. Given our youth, all the injuries we've suffered, and other things, we finally looked like we grew up a little today, and were able to steal a win against probably the best or second best NIT team AT their place.

That also doesn't speak well fo rthe SEC West. UNC finished 10th in the ACC and just beat the 1st place SEC West team at their gym.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 02:20 PM   #6
TennesseeFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
As a UNC fan I feel wrong for being so happy about winning an NIT game, but considering how bad this team has been at times this year, I can't help but be pretty excited. Given our youth, all the injuries we've suffered, and other things, we finally looked like we grew up a little today, and were able to steal a win against probably the best or second best NIT team AT their place.

That also doesn't speak well fo rthe SEC West. UNC finished 10th in the ACC and just beat the 1st place SEC West team at their gym.

A SEC West team that almost beat a 1 seed in the NCAA Tourney
Old 03-20-2010, 03:34 PM   #7
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

TheGame414 has decent reputationTheGame414 has decent reputation

Even though my team is in the NIT and presumably one of the favorites to win it, I can't pretend for a second to be excited about watching any non-Illinois NIT games.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 07:21 PM   #8
KG215

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame414
Even though my team is in the NIT and presumably one of the favorites to win it, I can't pretend for a second to be excited about watching any non-Illinois NIT games.

I don't blame you. I couldn't care less about the outcome or watching any of the non-UNC NIT games.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:45 PM   #9
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

TheGame414 has decent reputationTheGame414 has decent reputation

I did watch the W&M/UNC game and the Texas Tech game on Tuesday, but only because I was at a friend's house and he has a massive gambling problem.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 10:55 PM   #10
KG215

I didn't even get worked up over the Bill and Mary game. The only reason I did today is because I thought State would beat us by 10+. We were already minus Ed Davis and David Wear, then Zeller went down about halfway into the second half - was having a good game - and I thought we were done. Usually, when we get down by 3 late in the game like we did today we fold, but we found a way to beat a solid team in a hostile environment. THe team grew up a little bit today and gave all UNC fans more hope for next season. All of that from a friggin' NIT game. Something I never imagined happening with UNC but I have to take what is given to me I suppose.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: